DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS. SHADOW] - OP TOURNAMENT

Talmanes

Darth Maul continues walking thru this Black Tower. I definitely like the decor here. And there are many potential slaves. After finishing off that short uppity girl he feels a little more powerful. Killing in service of the darkside strengthens ones power as it should be.

My new stats

F 16

E 14

A 14

W 12

S 17

Darth Maul continues to stalk the Tower, allowing the Taint to seep into his soul.

My new stats:

F: 15

E: 13

A: 18

W: 12

S: 15

The courageous Hylian youth saw the strange horned individual walking through the halls of the tower. The foe carried a strange looking weapon at his side, and Link felt this one would be someone to be wary of. However, with the Master Sword at his side he need not fear any evil foe. Feeling the sword pulsing with it's fully charged energy, Link stepped right into the path of the individual without any trepidation. The strange cloaked figure emanated waves of evil, but this had no effect on Link, he had righteous power on his side. Darth Maul sneered as he acknowledged Link, and stopped several paces from him.

"Come on," Link said softly, which was all that was needed to prompt the sith overlord to draw his weapon which suddenly sprouted two energy beams from both sides and begin dashing towards the young adventurer. Darth Maul catapulted into the air before he got to Link abd began flipping very acrobatically before Link swiftly raised his Master Sword, aiming it right at the sith overlord as he shouted a magic spell.

I attack with Air, and it hits for 7 damage!

Darth Maul was suddenly repelled away from the Hylian with a great amount of force that had him hurtling through the air, only to ricochet off a low hanging beam from the ceiling and drop to the ground like a lead weight.

Desothera: 100

Turin: 93

Darth Maul shakes himself as he gets up from the youngling's attack. This would apparently be interesting. He attempted to clear his mind and attacked with pure spirit. There must have been after affects tho as the attack failed to do any damage.

Des 100

Turin 93

Maul would not be so reckless in his next attack...

Link watched as the evil sith combatant seemed to mentally focus, but no attack came to follow. He was somewhat confused, as he new evil foes often used deception and mind games to attempt to unbalance the righteous. He gathered his strength, and checked his defenses, then finally scanned through his spell list. Ah ha! He would use the brutal force of nature, in the form of a Hurricane, for his next attack!

Unfortunately, as he prepared to unleash the onslaught, he was distracted by the great booming sound of dice rolling, and the incantation fell apart on his lips. He glanced back at Darth Maul, carefully displaying his frustration.

Hurricane failed.

Despothera: 100

Turin: 93

Darth Maul was now recovered from the tossing about he had suffered and was now warily advancing with the blonde kid in the Peter Pan suit. The Sith were expert in using the mind to alter the physical world. He concetrated and attacked with...

Torture (F8,S8) it does 10 points damage

F(7/14/21/28/35)

S(5/10/15/20/25)

Des 90

Turin 93

Darth Maul smiled as he saw the effect on this new foe.

(You're not going to make this easy on me, are you? Guess I gotta go with what works...)

As Darth Maul's attack was sent forth across the battlefield, Link suddenly staggered back in extreme pain. His very sould felt like it was held in the grips of anguish, and every inch of his skin felt like it was on fire. He wasn't even able to cry out in pain, his body seemed to be betraying him as he shuddered in agony. Realizing he still held the Master Sword at his side, he gripped it ever harder and drew enough strength from it to help the attack abate a little bit. While still suffering from the painful hex, he raised his sword again and quickly uttered the quickest and simplest attack he could think of.

I attack with Air again, and it hits for 4 damage.

Despothera: 90

Turin: 89

Darth Maul was once again sent hurtling through the air, this time to be knocked backwards to the ground after sailing a slightly shorter distance. The attack was still able to interrupt the painful curse he had set upon Link however, and the young hero gasped in a few breaths while drops of sweat fell from his brow. 'This would not be an easy fight,' he thought. 'I might even have to end up using the Triforce...'

The youngling's force push was considerably less this time. Darth Maul knew he was weakened and chose to push for a more extravagant attack seeking to crush his opponent's spirit...

Deathgates (F5,E5,S5) no damage

F(3/6/9/12/15)

E(-1/-2/-3/-4/-5)

S(3/6/9/12/15)

Despo 90

Turin 89

Seeing the tricksy little elfy guy dodge the attack. Darth Maul sliced through a passing villager in frustration.

Link gasped in outrage at seeing the Sith slay an innocent bystander, purely because of his own mounting frustration. Gritting his teeth, he decided he was going to make the evil one pay for his transgression. It was one thing to come after Link, but slaying a random defenseless villager was just wrong.

He checked his spell registry, and started to form a massive twister to send Maul's way. Unfortunately, in all of his anger, he wasn't able to properly focus on aiming and the Sith overlord easily sidestepped the spell.

I attack with Tornado, and it does no damage

E: -5I-10I-15I-20I-25

A: 2I4I6I8I10

Despothera: 90

Turin: 89

Link knew he couldn't let himself be consumed with anger again, he would simply have to vindicate the poor villager's death by controlling himself and defeating this dastardly criminal.

Feeling his stress relieved with his random violence Darth Maul settles back into the void. He is able to sidestep the approaching tornado that was sent askew. Perhaps the little one was unmanned by the sight of blood. Maul will work on the weakness of mind shown there. He attacke the lighties mind with pure spirit...

Attack Spirit (S1) and it does 4 damage.

Despo 86

Turin 89

end round 3.

Maul smiles slightly seeing the discomfort caused by this attack...

(I think that was the end of round 4 btw)

The young Hylian let himself remain calm during the attack he felt on his mind. He would not let himself get sidetracked by his emotions again. The attack slowly abated, and though his mind felt racked with both pain and exhaustion he pushed through it with pure force of will. Gripping the Master Sword in his hand once again, he hefted it and with a clear mind and conscience pointed it at the shadowy figure and released another attack.

I attack with Air once again, and it does 4 damage

A: 4I8I12I16I20

Despothera: 86

Turin: 85

Darth Maul flew backwards again, this time out of the hallway into a nearby doorway. He clipped the doorframe as he passed by, and was sent helicoptering around into the room before finally dropping back to the floor. Link strode into the room which was empty of anyone else besides him and the Sith overlord, and closed the door behind him. At least now no passersby would be injured by venturing too close to this fight. He stared back at Darth Maul with a cold look filled with resolve as the evil foe started to raise himself back up. Maul glared back in a rictus of outrage.

(close fight so far eh?)

(you are correct sir)

Darth Maul is thrown in the air spining and whatnot but using his sith skills to land mostly on his feet. He gets up ticked that this little lightie keeps doing the same thing. Ok I will use what worked too. Have some more Torture!!!

Attack Torture(F8,S8) works for 4 points damage.

F(5/10/15/20/25)

S(2/4/6/8/10)

Despo 82

Turin 85

end round 5

The young hero? twitches satisfactorily from the nefarious weave. Darth Maul sets his feet in a battle stance...

(I gotta go with what works :tongue:)

Link once again stood steadfast as the Sith overlord assaulted his mind and body simultaneously. He knew he was at a disadvantage at this point, but he would not lose the will to continue the struggle! Feeling no need for his shield with this battle of magic, he cast it aside so he could focus his efforts on making each attack count. He sent another spell against Darth Maul, but unfortunately the torturous spell the shadowed figure had sent his way had drained all strength from him and he was unable to put much force behind the attack.

I attack with Air, and it does.... 1 damage. :sad:

Despothera: 82

Turin: 84

(looks like you might take this one away)

Darth Maul is merely pushed a little with the last blast of Air. He quickly attempts to seize inititive and attacks with Earth and Fire, but in his haste it fails to harm his opponent.

Attack EarthFire (F2,E2) No damage

F(4/8/12/16/20)

E(-2/-4-/6/-8/-10)

Despo 82

Turin 84

end round 6

Maul frustrated again by his failure kicks a nearby chair, sending it flying to shatter into a wall.

(down to the wire)

Link almost began to smirk as he saw the Sith dash the chair against the wall, but immediately thought better of it. He needed to keep focus, and besides, he knew the score in this battle. He was already down, and he knew he only had enough in him for one final attack. He better make it count.

He gripped the Master Sword in both of his hands and cleared his mind of everything. Closing his eyes, he envisionedd the TriForce in front of him, it's energy giving off an ethereal glow. Letting the TriForce feel the purity of his heart and spirit, he focused all his mental energy to make a request of the TriForce, even though it wasn't even in the same dimension that he was. 'Give me the strength for one more attack, to make it count,' he asked the TriForce, trusting in it's power even here in this strange land.

Suddenly Link felt a surging of power through the Master Sword, and felt a revitalizing energy traveling through his body. He felt the sword's revulsion to the foe in front of him, felt it's desire to help Link take him down. The air around Link became charged with electricity, and his hair and clothes were suddenly blown back seemingly by a powerful wind, though now windows were open in the room. Not about to let this newfound vigor go to waste, Link shouts out another magical attack.

I attack with Air, and it hits for 7 damage! Vindication lol!

Despothera: 82

Turin: 77

As the spell left his lips, a huge gust of Air shot out from the Master Sword towards Darth Maul. It hit him square in the chest and propelled him backwards with tremendous force, shooting him through the wall in a shower of debris and out onto the courtyard down below.

Link hopped down from the window to the outside he had just created, and landed softly on his agile feet. He might actually have a chance.... He braced himself for one final attack from Darth Maul, who was still groaning and struggling to rise and balance himself.

*crosses fingers*

Maul flies through the wall and down to the courtyard. Picking himself up he glares at the little lightie gloating. He is wounded badly and hopes his response will carry this day. He can only utilize a simple weave but puts all his remaining power into this attack at the adversaries mind...

Attack Spirit (S1) .....

it does 4 points damage (4/8/12/16/20)

Despo 78

Turin 77

end of round 7. match complete.

Maul sees his attack hit but then loses his battle to remain concious, and drifts away to eternal slumber.

Good match Des. :baalzamon:

Archived