DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[LIGHT VS. SHADOW] - OP TOURNAMENT

Talmanes

Bracket-11.jpg

Welcome to the Black Tower's Light vs. Shadow Week One Power Tournament!

All match threads will be posted on the main board by me, and you will PM'd once yours is up.

Each participant starts with all 10 stats. However, each one of you gets a pool of 20 points that you can add to your levels with. (Ex. If Fire is at 10, and you use 2 points, it is now at 12).

You will be using Asha'man/Aes Sedai rank.

You must set your points at the beginning of your first match, and then cannot change them once the match begins.

Each match will be 5 rounds (a round is 1 attack by each participant).

Semifinal matches will be seven rounds.

The final match will be ten rounds.

The winner of each match will receive three extra points to add to their levels. This takes effect after Round 2.

The two winners of Round Three will get 5 extra points.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me.

Round 1:

Leelou vs. Meesh (Ser Gregor Clegane vs. Jayne Cobb)

Ser Gregor Cleganse, The Mountain, looked upon his enemy with contempt in his eyes. The man was larger than most, but still small compared to himself. No more thought was necessary. He had been brought here to kill, so he would.

Jayne, Hero of Canton as he was, was just a bit startled to see a massive man dash at him with a sword.

A sword? What was the ruttin' use for a sword?

Jayne went for his gun, but before he could let off a shot the hulking beast of a man was there, swinging his sword. Jayne managed to dodge the first attack, and managed to punch the man in the face. In a blind rage, Clegane dropped his sword, tackling Jayne, sending them both rolling around in the dust.Jayne managed to get in an elbow to Ser Gregor's jaw, but a gauntleted forearm struck him before he could gain the upper hand.

The two men struggled, striking each other whenever the opportunity arised, but they remained somehow evenly matched.

Then, in a split second, they broke away, The Mountain going for his sword, Jayne for his firearm. Clegane reached his sword first, turning to charge, but a quick three shots to his chest, pounding through his armor, sent him down, spitting up blood.

Panting, Jayne stood, victorious.

Mawth vs. Tina (Saruman vs. Nynaeve)

Nynaeve walked forward, tugging her braid, grumbling about being where she was. Who dared drag her out of bed in the middle of the night and bring her to…Was this the Black Tower? Light, what was going on?

Still confused, Nynaeve walked forward when suddenly an old man came out of the shadows, waving a staff. Before she knew it she was on the ground, a pain spasming through her body.

Now she was angry. Climbing back onto her feet, she blasted him with a fireball, hitting him directly.

Saruman tried to retaliate, but this woman was much stronger than he had imagined. His next attack failed to even form before she hit him with some unseen blow, as if the air itself were attacking him.

Still seething in rage, Nynaeve wove many elements at once, sending a hurricane force at the old man. For a moment they were locked together, neither able to move. Saruman managed to send her another spasm of pain, but before it took her to the ground, Nynaeve sent a club of Air, sending him to the ground, never to rise again.

Talya vs. Locke (Lanfear vs. Qui Gon Jinn)

Qui Gon sat meditating. He couldn't see his enemy yet, but he could sense the Dark Side very strongly in her. The Force was strong with her indeed, he presumed. He would have to take this carefully.

Slowly she as she drew nearer, he prepared himself to attack. Normally he was not so brash, but he feared he may not survive a prolonged battle. Once she was in range he leapt, lightsaber flashing in his hand, attacking her with blows like a hurricane.

Lanfear smiled. So he had some strange variation of a shocklance did he? It was surprising, but not enough to distract her long. She wove Earth and Fire launching it at her foe.

Fluid movement like water, Qui Gon dodged her fierce attack, but failed to launch another before she once again wove Fire, burning him to a crisp.

Lanfear walked over to his body, picking up his fallen lightsaber. It ought to make a nice trophy. She walked away, devilish smile on her lips, leaving Qui Gon Jinn, still smoldering.

Round 2:

Rey vs. Blackhoof (The Master vs. Ultra Magnus)

The Master sauntered forward, grinning. Who could they possibly send against him? He'd defeated The Doctor himself before. He saw no enemy, just a large truck.

Then the truck moved, getting bigger, turning to the shape of a robotic man.

Ultra Magnus fired a bolt from his gun, throwing the Timelord backwards, sprawled on the ground dead, before he could even respond.

Meesh vs. Ithi (Jayne Cobb vs. The Joker)

The Joker walked up, classic Chelsea Grin on his face. He watched the large man with the gun, deciding he'd rather not get to close. Instead he tossed a grenade hitting Jayne in the chest. Instead of fire and shrapnel, however, laughing gas. The gas took Jayne off guard and left him disoriented.

Jayne could barely see through the cloud of gas that had formed around him. He thought he saw something move and fired a shot at it. Nothing. Suddenly though, the gas cloud was illuminated by some sort of fireworks. It must have been the work of this clown The Joker.

Joker ran by, moving in to attack Jayne directly, but Jayne turned as Joker ran by, and caught him in head with a punch. Unfortunately, Jayne with his loss of sight, had not noticed they were nearing the edge of a building, and lost his balance, falling toward the edge. Joker got up, dashing over to send him flying downward toward the ground 500 feet below, to his death.

Des vs. Talya (Link vs. Lanfear)

Lanfear looked upon the boy who had been sent against her. Insulted, she blasted him with a weave of Fire, thinking to take him out immediately. Somehow though, the boy's large shield held back the worst of the fire, however, leaving him singed, but not dead.

Link did his best to block the fierce attack. At least this wasn't a water temple....Taking out his boomerang, he used it to blow a large gust of wind at the woman, knocking her off balance.

They went back and forth, Lanfear with Fire, Link with his boomerang, until Lanfear grew impatient, weaving now Fire and Earth, tearing gashes into the earth and burning out large tracts of land. Link continued to attack with the gusts of air, not knowing how much longer he could survive this. With a glance around his surroundings, he made a quick decision, seeing an opening.

With one final blow from the boomerang, Lanfear once again lost her balance, but this time fell into a flaming pit of her own creation, dying momentarily.

Turin vs. Tina (Darth Maul vs. Nynaeve)

Nynaeve looked strangely at her foe, not sure what to think. He treated her with contempt, making her angry. She lashed out with the Power, but somehow he got out of the way, and struck her with some odd force she could not see, that caused her much pain.

Maul powered on his lightsaber just in time to be hit with a strong gust of wind and water, pushing him backwards. His retaliation was a failure when the woman somehow launched another stream of water at him. Soaked and livid, Maul jetted forward stabbing his lightsaber into her abdomen.

Nynaeve screamed in agony, her insides burning. In a last effort, she hit him with all she had, channeling all of Saidar she could muster. He fell back, but it was no matter. As soon as he was no longer holding her up, she fell limply to the floor, dead.

Semi-Final Round

Blackhoof vs. Ithi (Ultra Magnus vs. The Joker

So he was fighting a robot? Wasn't that just batty? Insane as the Taint, The Joker didn't hesitate, but instead jumped right in, throwing an exploding Clown-Grenade at the robot. It appeared to damage it a bit.

Ultra Magnus was surprised to be attacked to vicously by this small, oddly dressed man, but surely he was evil, and an enemy to the Autobots, so he fired his weapon at him, the blast throwing him a few feet.

Angry now, Joker decided to amp things up. His festive bazooka took off the edge of a building, causing rubble to fall down crushing the robot. Magnus was able to withstand it though, firing another shot at Joker as he pulled himself away from the rubble.

Joker decided he needed a new tactic. He threw a new device at the robot, which instead of exploding, shot out whirling air, whipping up dust and debris all over. Unable to see, Magnus' next shot harmlessly hit the earth, away from Joker.

They fought back and forth, hurting each other more and more. Joker decided only his devious planning would allow him to win now. Using the dust and rubble as a distraction, he threw a rock to make it appear he was moving the opposite direction. Magnus took the bait, firing blindly in the direction. Joker took the opportunity to get behind Ultra Magnus, aiming his bazooka, planning to crush the thing under a massive piece of rubble, immobilizing it so he could take it out.

He aimed, but just before pulling the trigger, Magnus jerked around, firing. The shot hit Joker right in the chest, killing him instantly

Des vs. Turin (Darth Maul vs. Link)

Link walked forward to his next opponent. The thing looked tough, odd skin patterns, and some sort of glowing staff weapon. Link had faced thousands of terrifying creatures though, not to mention defeating Ganondorf countless times, he was ready for this.

He approached his enemy quickly attacking with the trusty boomerang he'd gotten from a Wind Temple in a dark forest. He managed to knock his enemy down, and avoid its inevitable counter attack.

The boy went to attack with his seemingly Force powered weapon, but Maul was ready, and leapt out of the way, striking the boy with a kick, then managing to slide his lighsaber past the lad's sword and shield, scoring a tortuous burn mark on his side.

Link again attacked with Air, his attack knocking Maul offguard. The Sith came back with a savage flurry of blows, but the Master Sword, emanating energy of its own, was able to deflect them. Link's next attack didn't land though, giving Maul a chance to dash in and strike him, knocking the green hat wearing boy off his feet.

They fought back and forth, seemingly evenly matched, but in their final attacks, Maul realized he could not defeat the boy. In disgust, he fled to find some easier prey. His master had originally sent him after two Jedi afterall.

FINAL ROUND

Des vs. Blackhoof (Link/Dark Link vs. Ultra Magnus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a question Tal. Am I allowed to throw my hands up in anger and walk away from the Black Tower forever?

Ash Ketchum? Really?

Do I look like a pokemon obsessed anime kid to ya? Or someone on the good side for that matter?

I didn't even know we were getting characters... and I def didn't realize I'd get the shaft.

Who is Ultra Magnus? Okay just checked. Transformer. Okay cool. So everyone has a pretty awesome character but me. That's wonderful.

:mad:

Jafar2.gif

Hi,

I'm Jafar. You may recognise me as the bad guy from Aladdin, aladdin 2 (straight to video) Aladdin 3 and the tv series Aladdin. I would just like to say that, as Despo is clearly even more evil than I am ( he would have just balefired the sultan in the first place and took over, without some drawn out improbable storyline about a magic lamp) he should not be saddled with some poor quality, mass produced and well within budget japanese anime character.

Just saying.

Thank you Maw. I don't mind being reassigned to the light briefly, I understand it was necessary for balancing purposes.

I just wished I had a less awful character.

And Ithi, damn you for cheering me up too quick! I wanted to sulk longer :dry:

Archived