DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

December Roll Call

Ryrin

1_Welcome-December-1h8xpy2.jpg

36115-happy-winter-solstice-greeting.jpg                               1286713-bigthumbnail.jpg

Happy-Chanukah-Color-Changing-Animated-P                                             advent-image-2013.png    

Wishing you all happy holidays and much love in the year to come.

Please tell us what you will be doing in December.

• Club Leader

Today, we're celebrating Thanksgiving, because we couldn't do it last week. 

We'll be celebrating Yule/Christmas on the 22nd if my son has to work on Christmas Day and he probably will. We're just getting the family all in one place at the same time to share the love. Maybe playing some board games or something. There won't be a lot in the way of presents this year. 

I'm a member of a medieval group called the SCA. We are having a potluck Yule this Saturday. Chanukah starts 12/24 and we're having a party that day and for 8 days I light the candles and say the blessings. We'll exchange small gifts and eat Latkes (potato pancakes) and sufganiyot (jelly donuts).

Well I attended the Barony of Wiesenfeuer's Yule Revel last Saturday. It's an annual event and always enjoyable. Both Father Christmas and Krampus make sure to visit. Lots of well deserved honors were given to many friends of mine in court. :smile: 

Yesterday my son and I went on a school field trip to the Osteology Museum, which was fascinating. Today is my husband's birthday! So tonight will be dinner and presents. 

Next Wednesday is our all-faculty holiday lunch for work. That will be fun! 

The rest of December: well it's Con Planning time. Izumicon is in January, so we're in heavy prep mode. My nephew's third birthday is the Tuesday before Christmas. Then there will be the annual family Christmas at my parents' house, which will be even bigger this year since my brother and sister-in-law had their twins this summer, which means there will be five children with presents under the tree! My uncle always flies in from New York to visit on Christmas too. 

December is bright and busy and wonderful, and probably the only month in Winter I enjoy. After January 1st, we can just skip to Spring Break please. 

Outside of the fun things, I will be spending much of the month power-grading! The semester ends the first week of January for my students. 

Archived