DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Xmas markets

Hayl3y

Do you have different products on the markets in December, then? chocolate, hot wine, or nice stuff like that? :biggrin:

They are so few and far between, so I don't really remember, but I guess so. 

*sneaks in

We have Christmas markets similar to the pictures above in the UK which are great, but sometimes. over priced and/or filled with tat. I went to some Paris Christmas markets yesterday and was really disappointed though, it lined either side of the Champs Elysee (sp?) the big road leading up to the Arc de Triomphe, so it didn't have the same atmosphere that I'm used to, and despite being so big, appeared to mostly consist of the same few repeating stalls (cheese, dried meats, roasted chestnuts, mulled wine, scarves...), earlier in the day we saw a small normal market around Notre Dame, in which some of the stalls had started selling Christmas ornaments, and that was great XD

Not sure if I'll have time to visit any in the UK this year, I'm away for another 2 weeks with work and by the time I'm back it's practically Christmas lol

@ Ryrin, craft fairs? That sounds super interesting.

now, I am not christian at all :tongue: but I do enjoy those markets (there are soooo many good things to eat and to drink lol).

I have visited the one on Leicester Square (sp??? lol) in London with one of my daughters on Nov, 19th. It was small but pretty.  They had nice jewels !

That's pretty cool!  We don't have anything like that really, but every store decorates and opens up a seasonal section, and shopping malls (though they're becoming a thing of the past) put up Christmas train rides.  It's fun to go shopping this time of year just to see all the displays.

Aw maaaan, see, I adore Christmas and everything Christmassy, but I live in Australia, so we don't get the super cute markets or the scarves or the snow. We have one big old christmas tree up in the city, and lots of wreaths in the shops, which are also worshipped for their air conditioning this time of year. Other than that, we've just got whatever we have in our house. Occasionally there'll be a street fair? But that's really not a market, and it's not the same when they're held on bitumen that melts your thongs off your feet.

Aw maaaan, see, I adore Christmas and everything Christmassy, but I live in Australia, so we don't get the super cute markets or the scarves or the snow. We have one big old christmas tree up in the city, and lots of wreaths in the shops, which are also worshipped for their air conditioning this time of year. Other than that, we've just got whatever we have in our house. Occasionally there'll be a street fair? But that's really not a market, and it's not the same when they're held on bitumen that melts your thongs off your feet.

I guess you need a December trip to Europe *nods*

Archived