DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Thanksgiving - Thanksgiving Table

Wildfire Sedai

GRAY THANKSGIVING

THANKSGIVING TABLE

So here I am going to post the foods that are to be believed to have been eaten during the "first" Thanksgiving in America.  After that I would appreciate it if people would post foods that they are having for their Thanksgiving meal, past Thanksgiving meals (if you have pics that would be great but if not you could always just post what you have made :wink: ), and any traditional ethnic meals that they have had.  Thank you

MEATS

tx-grilled-fish-500x342.jpg

FISH

lobsterstuffed-700x525.jpg

LOBSTER

slide_324353_3093029_free.jpg

DUCK

IE0303_Venison_Chops.jpg

VENISON

We have been invited over to friends for Thanksgiving. My husband is smoking a turkey. One of our friends is a vegan so we always are delighted by the amount of interesting veggie dishes. I like to make my own cranberry sauce and add mandarin oranges from our tree along with some cinnamon (of course sugar as cranberries are very tart).

This year there will be roast turkey idk if I'll brine it or not, depends on when it defrosts. Cornbread dressing, probably with sausage, apples, onions, craisins, and pecans. Smashed red potatoes with goat cheese. Roast Brussel sprouts with bacon and balsamic. Roast green beans with olive oil and garlic, maybe almonds and orange zest. Sweet potato pudding or maybe just roasted, we'll see. Apple cider, Apple and pumpkin pie, all from the cider mill down the street. Pomegranates, apples, pears, black grapes, sharp cheddar, Brie, maybe goat cheese, cappicola, and soppressata, and crackers for appetizers. Maybe a bowl of mixed nuts. That's probably about it. Oh and gravy. Might mull the apple cider, idk yet. Cranberry sauces, maybe relish.

My auntie luz used to make everything for everybody. Turkey, ham, roast beef, Cuban roast pork, Mac and cheese, mashed and scalloped potatoes, yellow rice and black beans, mashed sweet potatoes and sweet potato pies, cherry, apple, pecan, all the pies. Bread stuffing, and Cuban rice stuffing. Salads, cheeses, sangria and punch, tables and counters grinning with food. Cookies, cakes, everything. Sometimes lamb. She'd open her door at thanksgiving and it wouldn't be locked again till next year.

When I was younger we went to aunt blanches and she'd have standard American bird feast with candied yams, mashed taters, gravy, cranberry sauce sliced from the can. We got to eat on TV trays watching the King Kong movies cause none of us cared for football. Pies for dessert. She'd give the kids the jar of coins she'd collected all year, and wrappers, and we'd count them and wrap them and split them. Those were nice holidays.

Ryrin, I think it is great that you are going over your friends house.  How do you smoke a turkey?  Homemade cranberry sauce...sounds yummy...Thanks for sharing.

Wow Cindy, sounds like your aunt's liked to cook. Sounds like you had a great time. Thank you for sharing. 

Cold though people have taken to battering and deep frying pickles ....

They're the same as any sweet pickle, or bread and butter pickle, but they're whole tiny sweet pickles. Very good to nibble.

We will probably put out some of the homemade jams with the appetizers but I didn't do any pickles this year. Hot pepper jelly with the creamier cheeses on crackers is very good.

Most of the cooking that can be predone or prepped is done and Mr. Gill has rearranged the furniture so we can sit around the table and I'm feeling confident we can pull this off lol.

Oh also, called my family and am very thankful we can enjoy our holidays from afar :laugh:

My sister's MIL is hosting bc my sister is too close to her due date to manage it. My mom doesn't like the MIL at all, but had prepared her famous sweet potato pudding which was very nice of her, and which is magnificent. This morning The MIL told her not to bother bringing it because they had sweet potatoes covered. And now my mom is pretending she's sick so she doesn't have to go, my step dad is going out to get a nice steak to bring home, and the stress on every member of the family except my three year old niece is exquisite. Standard family holiday lol.

Yay friendsgiving!

Oh also, called my family and am very thankful we can enjoy our holidays from afar :laugh:

My sister's MIL is hosting bc my sister is too close to her due date to manage it. My mom doesn't like the MIL at all, but had prepared her famous sweet potato pudding which was very nice of her, and which is magnificent. This morning The MIL told her not to bother bringing it because they had sweet potatoes covered.family into friends and avoid family. And now my mom is pretending she's sick so she doesn't have to go, my step dad is going out to get a nice steak to bring home, and the stress on every member of the family except my three year old niece is exquisite. Standard family holiday lol.

Yay friendsgiving!

We make family into friends. This year friend got sick, so we made dinner at home. You can't choose your family but you can choose your friends.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived