DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yellow Ajah Humor Event - Favorite Comedies & Comedians

Nynaeve

1. Who's your top five comedians and what movies do you think are their stellar performances? 

2. Have you ever been to a live stand up show? Who did you see and how did you enjoy the experience?

3. What's your top 5 comedy movies or comedy TV shows?

4. Do you have to be in a certain mood to watch a comedy or you could watch one any time?

5. Is comedy your most favorite genre? If not, what is?

6. Would you say watching a comedy show/move lifts up your spirits or serves as a good distraction?

7. If you had to recommend 3 must see comedy movies, what would they be!?

8. Do you think old times comedy movies are better than modern comedy movies?  Explain why.

Pick any of the questions and tell me a bit about what you love!

Who's your top five comedians and what movies do you think are their stellar performances? 

Kate McKinnon - Ghostbusters

Simon Pegg - Shaun of the Dead

Jim Carey - Ace Ventura: Pet Detective

Ben Stiller - Zoolander

Robin Williams - Mrs. Doubtfire, Hook, Aladdin 

Have you ever been to a live stand up show? Who did you see and how did you enjoy the experience?

I've been to a few: Michael Winslow (Radar technician from Spaceballs), and a couple local comics. I've always had fun, there was maybe one guy that wasn't that great. 

What's your top 5 comedy movies or comedy TV shows?

Seinfeld

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Robin Hood, Men in Tights

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Men in Black

Do you have to be in a certain mood to watch a comedy or you could watch one any time?

I'm not always in the mood for a comedy, sometimes I want something more serious, but that's what Netflix is for. 

Is comedy your most favorite genre? If not, what is?

I'd say comedy is my second favorite genre, horror is #1. 

If you had to recommend 3 must see comedy movies, what would they be!?

Shaun of the Dead

Anything by Mel Brooks

Princess Bride

1. Who's your top five comedians and what movies do you think are their stellar performances? 

Robert Downy JR- Tropic Thunder

Will Ferrell- Anything not named Elf or Stranger then Fiction. (TV- Eastbound and Down)

Danny McBride- Tropic Thunder/Pineapple Express (TV- Eastbound and Down))

Ben Stiller( Tho i hate like 1/2 of what he's in) Zoolander and Dodgeball

Ryan Reynolds and buddy from- Deadpool

2. Have you ever been to a live stand up show? Who did you see and how did you enjoy the experience?

Does me being drunk and making an ass of myself count?

If so yes if not no... sadface.gif

Tropic Thunder

South Park

Eastbound and Down

Anchorman

Louis CK standup

4. Do you have to be in a certain mood to watch a comedy or you could watch one any time?

My clocks always say 420?

Prolly Fantasy movies like LoTR and Star Wars etc.

6. Would you say watching a comedy show/move lifts up your spirits or serves as a good distraction?

I like to laugh most of the time.

TROPIC THUNDER x3

8. Do you think old times comedy movies are better than modern comedy movies?  Explain why.

Depends on the actors mostly.

Some old ones are still funny and some of the newer ones are funny.

Pick any of the questions and tell me a bit about what you love!

• Club Leader

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but Robin Williams is my all time fave. I agree with Leelou on his best performances. although I haven't seen Hook. 

Near me, we have a comedy club that is 100% improv. It's awesome. I used to go all the time, but money has gotten tight since then. 

1. Who's your top five comedians and what movies do you think are their stellar performances? This is a tough one!

• Robin Williams - His HBO stand-up was hilarious!
  • Monty Python Gang - The Holy Grail is the best
  • Kevin Hart - His Standup
  • Russell Brand - OH my gosh, Forgetting Sarah Marshall - I died :laugh:
  • Ryan Reynolds - As Monty in Waiting, and as Deadpool - He kills me

• I have been to a few, years ago; I don't even remember their names, as they were very minor comedians, but I always enjoyed it.

• Forgetting Sarah Marshall
  • Dogma
  • Mallrats
  • Waiting
  • Scary Movie

• I could watch one anytime!  I love to laugh. ^_^

• It is second to horror

• I would absolutely say that!

• Dogma, Waiting, Forgetting Sarah Marshall

• I hadn't really thought of many older comedies; I think they aren't necessarily better.  More different.  I get the best laughs from a variety of comedies, regardless of when they were produced.  Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Spaceballs, and 3 Stooges make me laugh just as hard as modern comedies.

I've never been a huge fan of Ben Stiller. And Robin Williams, I liked him in Mrs.Doubtfire, for instance, but he felt like he was always trying too hard to be funny, vs it just coming naturally that it just always kinda put me off.

Who's your top five comedians and what movies do you think are their stellar performances? 

My responses aren't necessarily comedians, but they just make me laugh. Dry humor and sarcasm always wins with me. I think it's better than straightforward silly humor.

Jim Carey (Pet detective movies, Liar Liar), Hugh Laurie (House MD), Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls), Melissa McCarthy (Spy) and........ Conchata Ferrell, sorta lol (Two and a half men)

Have you ever been to a live stand up show? Who did you see and how did you enjoy the experience?

No, but I always kinda wanted to. If I could go see one, I'd like to attend a Demetri Martin stand up show. He cracks me up.

Do you have to be in a certain mood to watch a comedy or you could watch one any time?

Nah, I have to be in the mood for it.

Is comedy your most favorite genre? If not, what is?

No, my favorite genre is fantasy/sci-fi/horror.

Would you say watching a comedy show/move lifts up your spirits or serves as a good distraction?

Temporarily lol

If there's one comedy I've managed to watch REPEATEDLY and it always makes me laugh, it's pretty much Friends, which in my eyes is a classic. I never really gravitated much towards Seinfeld but I have watched most if not all of the show.

I've never been a huge fan of Ben Stiller. And Robin Williams, I liked him in Mrs.Doubtfire, for instance, but he felt like he was always trying too hard to be funny, vs it just coming naturally that it just always kinda put me off.

I liked Ben Stiller in "Something about Mary" not much else.

Bill Cosby - Yeah I get he's in the hot seat now but that doesn't mean he isn't funny as all get, especially his: 

Danny Devito - Twins

Michael Winslow - Police Academy He is not a famous comedian.  I think Police Academy was his only movie as I've never heard of him elsewhere.  He was the sound effects guy. 

Robin Williams - Patch Adams

Tom Hanks - Turner & Hooch

Nope

Twins

Turner & Hooch

Police Academy

Patch Adams

Kindergarten Cop

Yes, I have to be in the mood.  IF I'm not I get embarrassed about the way the actors are acting.  :rolleyes: especially the newer films :rolleyes:

No, its my second to last favorite genre, horror being my least favorite.  :wink:

Yes, sometimes it does.  That is why I watch it sometimes.

Police Academy, Patch Adams, and Twins

Definitely.  They are more realistic.  They are not so forced.  I mean if a guy has to wear a green mask and get all violent to be funny, seriously. Yes, I know that was only one movie, the other one he beat himself up and I never watched the pet detective so I can't say anything about that one.  Though I think I would probably like that one the best.  :smile:  And yes I also know, what is the difference between a green mask and a red nose?  and to that I say the red nose doesn't make you violent, it makes you funny.  :wink:

However, since I don't watch many comedies (these are probably most if not all the comedies I've watched over the past 20 years give or take 5-10).  :smile: 

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived