DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

All, please welcome Tverdofsky to the Band

Thane Vakarian

Tver, Tverdo, Sky, Dovsky, the possibilities are endless!!

*takes a flourishing bow* Welcome to the Band, Dovsky! I am BB, resident bard and eternal squire of the Cavalry (the most wonderful of regiments). Congrats on choosing the coolest social group out! Who is your favourite character? Have you read the whole series? Do you play any instruments or sing? What's your favourite few bands?

And most importantly, have a drink! *throw the RR a bandy* that's a cavalry special there-drink up!

Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to hanging out with you fine folks. Sorry if it's taking me a couple days to get back to you, I'm in the midst of moving at the end of this month and my home computer is packed so I'm using my work computer during the week to keep up at the moment.

My name is actually quite confusing, I started using that handle for everything from gaming to RPing and beyond when I was still in grade school and just reactivated my old account here. It may be easier to call me by my real name (Kyle) or by my nickname/DJ alias (Muse). I'll mess around with my profile settings when I got some more time and add it to my sig.

I have read the entire series multiple times (it's my #1 favorite of all time hands down), and I can honestly say I don't really have a favorite character. It's part of why I love the books so much. So many characters are so well rounded that I can't really choose. Maybe Lan because he's the most steadfast while being the ultimate badass.

As I mentioned before I am a DJ as well as I am starting to delve into the world of producing my own tracks. My musical taste varies pretty drastically. I am just as happy jamming out to some Twisted Sister (good choice Thane) as I am to some good dancehall beats. My favorite band of all time is Blind Guardian though, no questions there. Seen them live twice and no band I've ever seen before or since has come close to the experience I had at my first Guardian concert. I dunno if anyone is into electronic music, but when I play shows I don't do the Top 40 style radio music. Mine's a little more...exotic. :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/djmuse-1

That's a link to my solo project, if you folks find anything you like I have everything available for free download except 1 track that I can't distribute due to copyright.

https://soundcloud.com/nemesis-project-1

That's my roommate and myself when we play together. Again everything there is free download.

As for the consumption of beverages, I love to experiment. When I started going to the Canadian Walk In Clinic AKA Liquor Store I made it my habit to try something new every time. Now I've pretty much tried everything so I have had to get more creative with my drinks. The picture below is one of my more recent concoctions. Haven't figured out a good name for it, so any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated.

1/2 oz Midori Melon Liquer

1/2 Jagermeister

Drizzled with Biscotti Baileys

Wouldn't let me Paste the pic or attach the file, but basically it's a 2 layer shot, green on the bottom and dark brown on top with an almond colored burst exploding through it from the Bailey's. I'll mess around with it a bit more and try to post the pic.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!

Muse

I actually really liked the Wheel of Time track. It's definitely got the Eastern influence, but that kind of thing is part of why I love Blind Guardian so much. Super versatile with a massive range of different sounds from their older thrashier stuff and then progressing into more epic orchestral sounds later. It's a unique take and if Rand had to have a theme song then Guardian were totally the ones to write it!

On a side note, here's a cover of The Bard's Song. Don't know if you've heard it yet but Van Canto has a really unique sort of style to their music. Almost like barbershop quartet meets beatboxing meets metal. This one's an accapella cover, but they do some other really cool one's as well.

Muse

I gave your music a little listening to, and I have to say: I'm quite surprised. The music you make is quite different from the one your favorite band produces. Call me intrigued. :happy:

I used to play in a few metal bands myself, wrote our own things and all. I'll get you a little sample when I remember how to log in, lol.

I actually really liked the Wheel of Time track. It's definitely got the Eastern influence, but that kind of thing is part of why I love Blind Guardian so much. Super versatile with a massive range of different sounds from their older thrashier stuff and then progressing into more epic orchestral sounds later. It's a unique take and if Rand had to have a theme song then Guardian were totally the ones to write it!

On a side note, here's a cover of The Bard's Song. Don't know if you've heard it yet but Van Canto has a really unique sort of style to their music. Almost like barbershop quartet meets beatboxing meets metal. This one's an accapella cover, but they do some other really cool one's as well.

Muse

to the bolded: my thoughts exactly!

Van Canto is absolutely impressive, they have had a great performance at Wacken Open Air this year. (I think it was this year). It's a band I really need to see in the future. 

Regarding my music when I DJ, it is a little different from my taste in metal for sure. I actually sent an email to Hansi from Guardian a little while ago asking if I could get artist permission to do some remix work on a few of their tracks. My eventual goal is to do a psychedelic remix of Valhalla. Played a live show at the beginning of the month at a festival called Valhalla and I tried so hard to get Guardian in there but I couldn't make it mesh nicely. So I have requested if I can get the vocal and guitar tracks. Fingers crossed. Up til now I've just been mixing music and haven't done a huge amount of production work. My MC Hammer edit is really the only thing I have released that had studio work put into it. Eventually I want to start working my metal roots into my electronic music similar in style to this Rob Zombie track I've posted below.

Muse

whenever you get more news about the Blind Guardian project, I'd like to hear more about it. Would be awesome if you could do it :happy:

Also: you're moving soon I've read. Still in Edmonton, or to an entirely new setting? I've move around a bit in The Netherlands and Belgium until i arrived where I am now. Feels good here, so I'm happy to call this place home. 

Still living in Edmonton. I'm actually in the midst of hunting for some property outside of town. I've been working at my day job for the same company in town here for about 9 years now so it would be a pretty drastic career move for me to leave at this point. Property here doesn't sell in winter though, because no one wants to move an acreage in the snow. So I'm renting a basement suite with my better half over the winter and then shopping again when spring hits.

I'll definitely keep you posted regarding the Guardian project. It's always been up near the top of my projects.

Have you had a chance to check out Savage Circus and Demons & Wizards? When Thomen Stauch left Guardian he went and formed Savage Circus. Definitely cool tunes. And a collaboration between Hansi Kursch and Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth is too awesome a mix up to pass by.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, fellow RR! I guess you could call me RRR (raw recruit royal :P)...

So what's your favorite stuff?

(by that i mean food, drink, way to be beaten etc...the general stuff)

Favorite book?

Favorite character

How many times have you read the series?

Can ya get me a drink?

I was pretty distracted when you got here and failed to give you a proper welcome.

Welcome to the Band!

You definitely came to the right place.  This is where a lot of DM's more music-focused fans like to hang out, and I don't think your tastes will be all that exotic here.  (You should hear some of mine.  :unsure:)

I used to have a thread here where I listed all the bands I've seen live but someone seems to have deleted it, but off the top of my head I want to say I've been Blind Guardian live 3 times.  Nightfall in Middle-Earth has been my favorite album for the majority of my life at this point, and while I might dispute that these days, suffice to say I'm a pretty big fan.  I have that Savage Circus album you linked, but I haven't given it a listen in years.  Demons & Wizards is a bit more near and dear to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived