DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Earworms

Hayl3y

Ooh ooh I just wrote a paper on earworms a couple of months ago! Annoying buggers, and so under researched it's ridiculous. And most of the research that has gone into them is about what gets them stuck in your head (there are various argumemts for recency and association), not what gets them out. One day theoretical research will start giving practical applications in the field of musjc psych, I promise haha XD

To that end I had to log all my earworms for a fair few weeks, and turns out I'm a bit weird in that unlike everyone else in the experimemt who got a song in their head and then got rid of it and then later repeated that, I just go from one song to the other with no gap in between which is horribly awkward, and also a big push for association on my account at least seeing as I know full well that I have very strong musical associations with a whole bunch of stuff. As a general rule musiciand get more earworms than non also so I was doomed from the start. 

And I get so many show tunes stuck in my head. And bits of classical music, which is awkward because symphonies and string quartets and even most solo instruments are not able to be sung by one voice. Spewin. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived