DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Another Newbie!

terribletyler

Hi!!! Welcome to Dragonmount!

You might want to stay out of the discussion forums until you finish the series so it doesn't spoil it for you.

We are happy to have you. :)

Thank you Ryrin and Chaelca! Glad to be here :)

I'm partial to Matt right now. He's such a troublemaker (not unlike myself), and I love it. I'm also really into the Black Tower. I love getting to watch it grow and unfold. Super interesting. 

I'm just staring CoT right now! I had made it all the way to Winter's Heart once before, but then wasn't able to finish. I'm just now passing where I was and it feels GREAT.

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome! DM has one of the best communities on the internet, in my not remotely humble opinion. Take a look around and get involved in some of the games and discussions! I got so hooked on DM that I haven't had time to actually finish reading the series. I was progressing through it just fine before I registered here. <_<

Welcome, Tyler! Or would like to be called something else?

Please feel free to poke around all the boards! There are the discussions, as Ryrin mentioned, where you are most likely to find all the spoilers. 

I got all the spoilers within a month, and I never touched those forums! It's worth it, though.

Our social side is great fun too. Four not-as-social groups are the games (mostly mafia), entertainment discussions by all that want to, the Tuatha'an for crafts, and the Role play for... role play. 

The remaining social groups are each a little place has its own quirks and characters. I recommend reading some of the threads in them before joining, to see if you like the people.

I love your profile pic! Is it you? Are you a photographer? 

Welcome, Tyler! Or would like to be called something else?

Please feel free to poke around all the boards! There are the discussions, as Ryrin mentioned, where you are most likely to find all the spoilers. 

I got all the spoilers within a month, and I never touched those forums! It's worth it, though.

Our social side is great fun too. Four not-as-social groups are the games (mostly mafia), entertainment discussions by all that want to, the Tuatha'an for crafts, and the Role play for... role play. 

The remaining social groups are each a little place has its own quirks and characters. I recommend reading some of the threads in them before joining, to see if you like the people.

I love your profile pic! Is it you? Are you a photographer? 

Thank you! Tyler is great :)

The pic is me! I'm actually a musician, and a photographer friend made that of me on my last tour. That being said, always looking to connect with fellow creatives (as well as WoT lovers)!

So the real question is, what's the BEST social group? If the Red Hand has some troublemakers, that just may be the place for me muahaha (looking at you Chael)

*cough* I may or may not love the BotRH because of their craziness... THE BAND but I'm afraid I can't say who the best social group is - I'm a part of 3 of them! :laugh:

I think you might like the Black Tower too, although I'm not entirely sure what happens there (they have brownies though, i know)

*cough* I may or may not love the BotRH because of their craziness... THE BAND but I'm afraid I can't say who the best social group is - I'm a part of 3 of them! :laugh:

I think you might like the Black Tower too, although I'm not entirely sure what happens there (they have brownies though, i know)

Well then I may just have to try some and find out! I do love brownies...

You play the guitar? (I peaked at your profile) Nice! That's what I play too! Any other musicians on here?

Welcome! DM has one of the best communities on the internet, in my not remotely humble opinion. Take a look around and get involved in some of the games and discussions! I got so hooked on DM that I haven't had time to actually finish reading the series. I was progressing through it just fine before I registered here. <_<

Thank you Shad! Hoping I can manage both my reading and my foruming lol

*has been called*

HI! :biggrin:

Yes, I'm also member of Band of the Red Hand, responsible for the Archers in particular.

I see a creative mind. I like that. I used to write songs, music and lyrics, in my previous two metal bands. Still have all my equipment at home ( :wub: my Gibson Voodoo Explorer) and occasionally pick up one of my 5 guitars. What kind of music do you usually play, and do you write your own music?

Also, I create viking shields and wooden items for my medieval re-enactment group (where I lead the Viking Age detachment). I'm no certified carpenter, but my shields are resistant :laugh:

*has been called*

HI! :biggrin:

Yes, I'm also member of Band of the Red Hand, responsible for the Archers in particular.

I see a creative mind. I like that. I used to write songs, music and lyrics, in my previous two metal bands. Still have all my equipment at home ( :wub: my Gibson Voodoo Explorer) and occasionally pick up one of my 5 guitars. What kind of music do you usually play, and do you write your own music?

Also, I create viking shields and wooden items for my medieval re-enactment group (where I lead the Viking Age detachment). I'm no certified carpenter, but my shields are resistant :laugh:

NICE! I'm in an Americana/folk band over in the States. I do write (quite a bit). It started as a hobby/passion and is slowly turning into a career (fingers crossed).

I'm also a creative consultant when I'm not on the road. I help small businesses with marketing, strategy, graphic design, websites and branding. Stuff like that.

That's rad about the carpentry! That's something I'd love to learn more about. I just moved to a house, so I finally have some space and a yard to have bigger (messier) projects.

I really hope that you'll be able to turn that into your career. It always was a big dream of mine, live the life on the road.... but it's hard to break through and earn enough these days (well, in Europe, it is). Also, life happened and band members moved away, so... that didn't help either. 

Should you have some sample music of yours on the net somewhere, I'd love to hear it. I'll dig into my archives to see if I can find something :wink:

Creative consultant. That sounds fancy and interesting. I can imagine that it's quite some work, getting small businesses out there and more known. Good advertising helps, and I think you would know a trick or two to actually achieve that. Consider me impressed. I'm not that creative with designs and such, more with handiwork. A project I did was to turn wooden pallets, which were going to be thrown away at my work, into wooden viking shields. *does the math* 0.8 inches think, so it has stopping power. 32 inches across, so you can hide most of your body. Rawhide edges and covered in linen, painted by owner. Got my entire fighting group (10 members) equipped with those.   

Yeah I am the one who decorated Thane's 14th century shields with heraldry drawings and all :tongue:

(that was before he transformed himself in a viking lol)

Well you got your answer that you asked me :laugh:

We're all over at the band - we do love music there. But... again I'm not sure if there are any other places with music? I can promise that music is the entire band full. If you go there, look at the Earworm thread on the first page. And our band games! Feel free to join in.

look at you guys! right on!

Not sure, if our stuff would be your style (since you're into heavier stuff) but have at it!

http://cereusbright.com/

Here's a cover of the Bee Gee's Stayin Alive we did a couple years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmGtIAzR94

Thanks for asking!

This really isn't bad at all, it's catchy enough to listen to multiple times :cool:

I listen to a lot of different music styles in general, so I guess I'll have a listen to your complete works on soundcloud!

look at you guys! right on!

Not sure, if our stuff would be your style (since you're into heavier stuff) but have at it!

http://cereusbright.com/

Here's a cover of the Bee Gee's Stayin Alive we did a couple years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmGtIAzR94

Thanks for asking!

This really isn't bad at all, it's catchy enough to listen to multiple times :cool:

I listen to a lot of different music styles in general, so I guess I'll have a listen to your complete works on soundcloud!

Ha! I'll take  :rolleyes:

Archived