DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rhea, Welcome to The Band!!!

Nikonis

Members of The Band, please gather and come to attention!

Rhea has just joined The Band of the Red Hand and, as our newest recruit, deserves a classic Band welcome.

** Turns to the recruit then hands them a pint glass of MG Brew **

Better finish that quickly, I'm sure each of our members will have much more for you do try    :mat:

I'm the Marshal General, leader of this fine group of people. Your request for access to our private boards has been submitted but sometimes takes the site admins a couple of days to get straightened out so, until you can see the campfires and our other boards, please feel free to look around here in the main board for our group and join in any topics or discussions which may interest you. Some of our other members will be along shortly to greet you soon but please let us know if you have any questions while you wait.

So, in the meantime, please share a little about yourself if you feel up to it... What books do you enjoy reading, what kinds of food are your favorite to eat?  To cook?  What's been your favorite place you have ever traveled? Favorite bands and music genres?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better finish that quickly, I'm sure each of our members will have much more for you do try :mat:

Well, that, or it might disappear when into a magical portal named Zander. :wink:

HI RHEA!!!

Welcome to the Band! I'm very glad you're here! If you wonder about anything, just ask. There is a list of acronyms used at the band, which I'll share when I find the link. Like RR, mentioned by BB (the Bard Babe), is Raw Recruit: that which you are now! :happy:

What is your favourite colour and animal?

I don't even know what that is... but you are such an old-timer :laugh:

Dice is one of the members that's been part of the Band the longest! He's been the Red Arm Leader for years, and was additionally upgraded to being the CG (leader) of the Cavalry. I've been a part of the Band since May last year, and CG of the Infantry since January. Our CG for the Archers, Thane, has also been here a few years. I'll drag him here... :happy:

Rhea....welcome....I am a RR also.... be sure to read the stickies....

dice and besie are so startling that wherever they walk animals run ahead of them... :dry:

*waiting for bus on sidewalk in front of business.* It is summertime, around 6 am.  The bus is coming around the corner. *I step onto the road verge (the grassy area between street and sidewalk) to signal to the bus driver that I am waiting for him.  My watch goes* beep, beep. Its 6 am. *the bus starts to pull up to the curb...and the sprinklers go off*  Yeah...I am soaked... :dry:

hhweiellatuvoieaisooohhaeiillrooohhteioooohhdeirllyooohhoeifllf. 

Bahahaha.

Wifi has a spotfine (that's the strange messages in the middle and bottom of her post). Or is it 3 at once? You get some random punishment for breaking the rules! The RA (Redarm's) or RAL (Redarm leader) give you the spotfines if they catch you.

Each regiment had a redarm, and the leader is of any regiment.

WOW! thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I will find my way around, eventually! 

*sticks close to Besie, wide eyed and bushy tailed*   :biggrin:

Rhea has just joined The Band of the Red Hand and, as our newest recruit, deserves a classic Band welcome.

Better finish that quickly, I'm sure each of our members will have much more for you do try    :mat:

I'm the Marshal General, leader of this fine group of people. Your request for access to our private boards has been submitted but sometimes takes the site admins a couple of days to get straightened out so, until you can see the campfires and our other boards, please feel free to look around here in the main board for our group and join in any topics or discussions which may interest you. Some of our other members will be along shortly to greet you soon but please let us know if you have any questions while you wait.

So, in the meantime, please share a little about yourself if you feel up to it... What books do you enjoy reading, what kinds of food are your favorite to eat?  To cook?  What's been your favorite place you have ever traveled? Favorite bands and music genres?

Nice to meet you Nikon! Is that like the camera?

Books: Fantasy, Historical Fantasy, SciFi

Foods: To eat, Italian. To cook, fancy deserts.

Favorite place I've been: Since I have never left the US, but I have traveled though almost every state I would have to say my favorite so far has been Hawaii. 

Bands/Genre: I can go into a lot of music. LedZeppelin is one of my all time favs. I love all of the 70's 80's. I also love Celtic traditional and a lot of classical and baroque. Loreena McKennit is one of my favs. I love the Opera. I love Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban.  Current music I listen to on the radio is Pop and Hip Hop. I will also admit I have a unhealthy crush on Pitbull.  :ohmy:

Welcome Rhea! *chucks the RR a bandy* That's the best drink going around these parts, though I can offer you a bantea if that's more to your taste? Tell us all about yourself! Favourite WoT characters? Favourite bands is one of my favourite-let's get some music going at this shindig! 

I'll take that Bandy! I can drink with the best of them! 

Myself: IRL I have been a nurse for 20 years and I am currently working on my Masters for Nurse practitioner. I'm very busy! Married and have 3 sons. My oldest is getting married next weekend!

Favorite WoT character is Mat of course!

Favorite bands see above!

Gday Rhea! Welcome to the Band. You will soon see that if you want to be the Best around here you need to join the Cavalry!!!!!!

have you read all the books?  Which is ure fav?

*waves at Dice*  Calvelry is it? I will soon see!

I have read all the books. My favorite is probably Knife of Dreams, though it is hard to pick just one!

Better finish that quickly, I'm sure each of our members will have much more for you do try :mat:

Well, that, or it might disappear when into a magical portal named Zander. :wink:

HI RHEA!!!

Welcome to the Band! I'm very glad you're here! If you wonder about anything, just ask. There is a list of acronyms used at the band, which I'll share when I find the link. Like RR, mentioned by BB (the Bard Babe), is Raw Recruit: that which you are now! :happy:

My favorite color is Green

My favorite animals are my dogs! (I also love dolphins and wish I could have my own!)

I didn't know you loved music that much! 

*cough*you fit even better now*cough*

*cough*i brought a good one*cough*

I love celtic too. I'm a huge fan of orchestral/epic/emotional music.

*Pats Besie on the back*

You ok?

hahaha!!!

I grew up with music, lots of it. I spent many years in choir, played piano, organ, violin, clarinet and xylophone (yes I said xylophone!). I was in marching band and a traveling singing group. Then I got married and had kids! Now I just try to enjoy music whenever I can and try to pass that love on to my children. My youngest just started guitar lessons. Yay!

Yes..we are VERY excited! Rather stressed too. With work, school and everything else, I wasn't prepared for how much the parents of the groom would have to help with when it came down to the wedding preparations. Although I think we are doing more than a lot of other's do. We just want them to have a wonderful day. :)

Wow that's so exciting Rhea!! Congrats to you and your eldest! And you played violin? Ewwww XD nah, that's great! Vln, clarinet, xylophone, keys, you can join the hypothetical band of the Band! Though we need Horn back for that haha where'd he run off to? 

Ooh ooh, can you recommend me some Celtic stuff? I'm looking for new tunes .

Hey BB! Thanks! yes, I love to be in hypothetical bands these days. Its about all I have time for! hahah!

So...for Celtic/Irish music I love a lot of the traditional stuff. Some of the bands that I can think of that have been around a while are The Chieftains, Lúnasa, and Dervish. Planxty is pretty good too!

I don't know how traditional this is but my favorite Celtic song, and I can listen to this one over and over is 'Skellig' by Loreena McKennitt from the album The Book of Secrets. That is one of my favorite albums of hers. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2tiuhpLex4

Oh...and I really like Moya Brennan, but I'm not sure if she falls into one category! :laugh:  (She is Enya's sister if you've never heard of her, I'm sure you've heard of Enya! LOL)

Welcome to the Band of the Red Hand Rhea :happy:

I hope you have a great time here with all these lovely people :biggrin:

beware of dice, he's silly *nods*

Thanks!

*nods* Aware!

Yayay! I will watch that and check out Enya's sister when I can play sound :)

Sweet!

WOW! thanks for the warm welcome! I'm sure I will find my way around, eventually! 

*sticks close to Besie, wide eyed and bushy tailed*   :biggrin:

Nice to meet you Nikon! Is that like the camera?

Books: Fantasy, Historical Fantasy, SciFi

Foods: To eat, Italian. To cook, fancy deserts.

Favorite place I've been: Since I have never left the US, but I have traveled though almost every state I would have to say my favorite so far has been Hawaii. 

Bands/Genre: I can go into a lot of music. LedZeppelin is one of my all time favs. I love all of the 70's 80's. I also love Celtic traditional and a lot of classical and baroque. Loreena McKennit is one of my favs. I love the Opera. I love Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban.  Current music I listen to on the radio is Pop and Hip Hop. I will also admit I have a unhealthy crush on Pitbull.  :ohmy:

Welcome Rhea! *chucks the RR a bandy* That's the best drink going around these parts, though I can offer you a bantea if that's more to your taste? Tell us all about yourself! Favourite WoT characters? Favourite bands is one of my favourite-let's get some music going at this shindig! 

I'll take that Bandy! I can drink with the best of them! 

Myself: IRL I have been a nurse for 20 years and I am currently working on my Masters for Nurse practitioner. I'm very busy! Married and have 3 sons. My oldest is getting married next weekend!

Favorite WoT character is Mat of course!

Favorite bands see above!

Gday Rhea! Welcome to the Band. You will soon see that if you want to be the Best around here you need to join the Cavalry!!!!!!

have you read all the books?  Which is ure fav?

*waves at Dice*  Calvelry is it? I will soon see!

I have read all the books. My favorite is probably Knife of Dreams, though it is hard to pick just one!

HI RHEA!!!

My favorite color is Green

My favorite animals are my dogs! (I also love dolphins and wish I could have my own!)

Hangs a sign that reads " Cavalry Property. All Infantry and Archers trying to recruit will be run over by a Warhorse"

Archived