DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Mafia--Game Thread--Day 3

Aiel Heart

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry hun. The odds weren't in your favor :/

The members of the League barely escaped from Grey’s library when the Fantom attacked, but the newcomer's quick thinking saved them all. 
Unfortunately, his American-style of shooting shot after shot after shot ended up working against the League as they tried to recruit their final target by the name of Doctor Henry Jekyll. At this time, though, he was in the form of Mr. Edward Hyde. A shot ricocheted off of a metal chimney, and managed to hit Hyde straight in the eye. He fell two stories onto the cobblestone below, and his body slowly shrunk back into his human form, never to transform again. 

Wildfire, Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde, Doctor, has been random-lynched. 

It is now night. You have 12 hours to submit any night actions you may have.

Countdown

yeah I forgot about the unvote....now I know why......yeah it sucks......but hey I get to go back to my painting for a while.  I was in the middle of one when I started these games over a month and a half ago and been playing mafia non stop ever since...time to go back to painting for a while... :smile:  GLGL TOWN 

well I thought that was a town read?? people asking questions...??

Like I said, asking questions is one of the behaviors that you can easily do as scum. Clearing people because they ask questions will lead to clearing a lot of scums I fear. 

Look at the kind of questions they ask. Are they picking up on things you didn't notice that you think are good questions? Are the questions designed to solve the game?

It can be tricky to tell the difference, but I feel it's an important thing to try to distinguish between. 

Take Ley asking Hallia to claim. He asked a question. She refused to answer. Why? Well, perhaps she has an important town role. One that she thinks town will benefit from having later in the game. If she reveals now she might be the night kill N1, and her powers might never come into play. 

She might also be bluffing.

In my opinion, Ley's questions are dangerous to ask at this stage of the game.

Bold: This is not quite true. As I clarified earlier, I didn't want a claim, I wanted an explanation. If the exaplanation (like when did the same later on) would be something like "There's no clear train yet but some consider me scummy and I won't be on again before deadline", then that's fine. But this, at least to me, looked simply like, "oh, lets make a soft claim so that people will be hesistant to vote me".

Ley has, like I said, pinged me twice. First when he appeared to take my fake reads seriously, second when he asked Hallia to full claim. I explained why I think the full claim was bad, and the first one, being too serious in the beginning of the game, it's just something I find scummy. Scums want to get going on lynching villagers quickly.

With Pral, it's not a single thing that makes me feel iffy. It's more the whole content of his posts. 

Perhaps you can point out some of Pral's questions that you feel have been good?

Again, putting words in my mouth.

Ley's post and vote is gross and a waste. Hilariously contradictory to the entire point he is making against Hallia for soft claiming.

Wifi read's look almost exactly the same I have seen in every game with her so far. The reasons are generic but her process seems the same for the most part.

I'm not really feeling the Pral lynch. His vote on Kat is fine imo, and I sort of liked how he wasn't just musing around like a better part of the roster waiting for actual content to start. He started probing without needing to be told to.

[v]Kat[/v]

I understand why you see it that way - that is also why I tried explaining why I did it. What you should take into consideration is - like always when similar things are viewed differently by someone - the timing. Hallia did it at a random moment some two days before deadline without any pressure on her, I did it the last moment I was on while in a position where a train might have formed on me. Also, once the game is over, please also take my role in considering when looking at it again.

Sorry hun. The odds weren't in your favor :/

The members of the League barely escaped from Grey’s library when the Fantom attacked, but the newcomer's quick thinking saved them all. 

Unfortunately, his American-style of shooting shot after shot after shot ended up working against the League as they tried to recruit their final target by the name of Doctor Henry Jekyll. At this time, though, he was in the form of Mr. Edward Hyde. A shot ricocheted off of a metal chimney, and managed to hit Hyde straight in the eye. He fell two stories onto the cobblestone below, and his body slowly shrunk back into his human form, never to transform again. 

Wildfire, Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde, Doctor, has been random-lynched. 

It is now night. You have 12 hours to submit any night actions you may have.

Countdown

un@#$@#%@# BELIVEable! seriously?

right im gonna be looking at the vc

Official Vote Count

Kat (5) -- Nini, Pral, Andrej, Sooh, Hallia

Pral (3) -- dice, Kat, WiFi

Hallia (1) -- Ley

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Countdown

One minute

1. Niniel 

2. Ley 

3. dice

4. WiFi--Henry Jekyll/Edward Hyde, Doctor, random-lynched D1

5. Kat

6. Aj 

7. Zander 

8. Hallia

9. Sooh

10. Pralaya

dont get excited about colours Blue is cause Kats claimed a town role. if ure Blue you were on her train

Red you were on Prals

no colour you were a waste if space.

And I don't like his reads list. It seems forced...

Can you explain?

Not really. More of a gut thing.

Can you do something besides ask questions?? Maybe give some thoughts with some kind of logical explanation behind them?

I believe I did. But I'll make a reads list before I put down my vote and go to bed.

Nini: Hasn't stood out to me, which is probably a good thing. Slight town.

Dice: Feels town to me so far, and I'm generally pretty good at figuring his alignment, so I'm gonna trust that.

Wifi: Unsure. Has a style of posting that, for me, takes some getting used to.

Kat: Don't like how she keeps on a joke vote so close to the deadline. Slight scum lean.

AJ: Hasn't stood out to me, I feel like here general opinion is drawing me a bit to the negative side, but I'm gonna go with null.

Zander: Hasn't been too active, but warned about that. Haven't really seen something I disliked. Very slight townie.

Hallia: Don't like the random soft claim and like her evading of (really pretty easy) questions even less. Strongest scum read at the moment.

Sooh: Very active, like it. Town lean.

Pral: A bit more active than I'm used to, but that's probably because the game is so slow. No reasons to believe he's not town.

So I'm going to go with [v]Hallia[/v]

Also, I KNOW that I called out Hallia on exactly this, and that I'm voting her for it, but considering there's no moment I'll be here between now and the deadline and considering it can really go all sides, which at the same time is quite a different situation from Hallia, you do NOT want to lynch me. I won't claim, because it also doesn't look like I'm getting lynched by definition and I don't WANT to claim, but I don't want to find myself hanging on a rope because a wagon formed while I was asleep, and then see how my role is lost to town.

so at 7 50am ley votes hallia   the FIRST and ONLY vote on hallia drops a bomb and says he wont be back for DL

Official Vote Count

Kat(2) -- Nini, Pral

Ley(2) -- Sooh, Hally

Pral(1) -- Dice

Hally(1) -- Ley

There you go, unofficial lololol that was fun

this is the next VC hallia provided. seems legit

@ley  why do you put the first vote on someone    someone a number of people have been happy with  KNOWING you wont be on for DL and then leave??

Why DONT you vote one of the other trains considering you wont be here?

And I don't like his reads list. It seems forced...

Can you explain?

Not really. More of a gut thing.

Can you do something besides ask questions?? Maybe give some thoughts with some kind of logical explanation behind them?

I believe I did. But I'll make a reads list before I put down my vote and go to bed.

Nini: Hasn't stood out to me, which is probably a good thing. Slight town.

Dice: Feels town to me so far, and I'm generally pretty good at figuring his alignment, so I'm gonna trust that.

Wifi: Unsure. Has a style of posting that, for me, takes some getting used to.

Kat: Don't like how she keeps on a joke vote so close to the deadline. Slight scum lean.

AJ: Hasn't stood out to me, I feel like here general opinion is drawing me a bit to the negative side, but I'm gonna go with null.

Zander: Hasn't been too active, but warned about that. Haven't really seen something I disliked. Very slight townie.

Hallia: Don't like the random soft claim and like her evading of (really pretty easy) questions even less. Strongest scum read at the moment.

Sooh: Very active, like it. Town lean.

Pral: A bit more active than I'm used to, but that's probably because the game is so slow. No reasons to believe he's not town.

So I'm going to go with [v]Hallia[/v]

Also, I KNOW that I called out Hallia on exactly this, and that I'm voting her for it, but considering there's no moment I'll be here between now and the deadline and considering it can really go all sides, which at the same time is quite a different situation from Hallia, you do NOT want to lynch me. I won't claim, because it also doesn't look like I'm getting lynched by definition and I don't WANT to claim, but I don't want to find myself hanging on a rope because a wagon formed while I was asleep, and then see how my role is lost to town.

so at 7 50am ley votes hallia   the FIRST and ONLY vote on hallia drops a bomb and says he wont be back for DL

Official Vote Count

Kat(2) -- Nini, Pral

Ley(2) -- Sooh, Hally

Pral(1) -- Dice

Hally(1) -- Ley

There you go, unofficial lololol that was fun

this is the next VC hallia provided. seems legit

@ley  why do you put the first vote on someone    someone a number of people have been happy with  KNOWING you wont be on for DL and then leave??

Why DONT you vote one of the other trains considering you wont be here?

To be fair I forgot to take a clear look at how many votes people had before casting it, but I did know it could go basically every way. It may have been my own dislike of Hallia's game that made me include her, but I felt like Hallia, Kat, me and maybe Pral and AJ were possible lynches. And I also can't help it that deadline was at 5 AM my time. That's just a really bad deadline for me, nearly maxing the amount of hours before deadline that I can last be on.

Also, I remember saying either one or two days before the deadline (plus X hours) that I couldn't be on close to deadline because it was at 5 am. So if you're surprised at that, you haven't been reading the thread well.

To be fair, Dice, at the time Ley voted there was no way of knowing which way the wind was blowing. I believe at least Wildfire had said she was unhappy with Hallia's posting as well. 

Ley, I don't mean to put words in your mouth. If I do it's just because that's how I interpreted you at the time. 

Archived