DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

July Chitter Chatter

Ryrin

I am experiencing this:    hotashell.jpg

Plus I had a very busy June at my job.  I had to do unannounced visits at my 6 homes and Quality Assurance Inspections at 3. I also have lots of meeting in June.

I'm hoping for a more relaxing July.

I am jealous of that weather ... here, even if it's supposed to be summer, we have like 60 F and it has been raining for more than 40 days ...

-.-

June seems to have been a pretty busy month for you :(

Just made these. Black bean corn salsa and this dessert. Graham cracker crust, sliced strawberries in glaze, then whip cream blended with a block of cream cheese and fresh blueberries on top.

Super hot and muggy here. Florida is awesome in the winter and yech in the summer.

BTW A lot has changed since I was here last. Not surprising though that The Kin is on the WT&W board. 

We have some cool weather at last :happy:

Maybe you don't count 80-86F as very hot weather but I can't sleep when it's more than 75F in my room at night so I'm happy it's 71-77F days and 55-59F nights this week  :smile:

Nooooo!  It's going to be cooler soon. 95 F.

Super hot and muggy here. Florida is awesome in the winter and yech in the summer.

BTW A lot has changed since I was here last. Not surprising though that The Kin is on the WT&W board. 

I hate muggy.

Yes,  we decided to move the Kin in the Tower. I think that's where we really belong. I'm happy to see you back!

Hot and muggy here too. Today it's going to hit 100 (it's currently 95 with a heat index of 104.... so still climbing for another couple of hours). Our heat rises all day until the sun starts going down. Not a fan. 

Enjoyed spending a week up by Chicago over the 4th. The temperature was in the mid-70s to low-80s the entire trip! It was glorious! 

This is the first time I've tried crepe myrtles. We didn't grow them in Virginia, but they seem to really like the heat and full sun further south and they're all over the place in the Southwestern states, so I figured they were worth a try. Our soil here is not nearly as fertile as it was where I grew up, and it's frustrating that plants don't grow as willingly. 

Ryrin!  :ohmy:  Hope you get well soon.

No, she isn't a whippet  :smile:  She is a Borzoi. A little bit larger and more furry  :smile: But Whippets and Borzois are sighthounds so they're kind of relatives.

1450184_10202538717487472_1021698572_n.j

I thought she was "furry" for a whippet but that face.......   :smile:

My oldest son bought his cat, Sophie, a very expensive litter box. She happened to be in it during a storm and there was thunder. Now she won't use it anymore.

That garden is absolutely wonderful, Kukaso! I love "wild" gardens :)

We planted some potatoes and sweet potatoes, but the snails and worms are eating them up :(

That's terrible. I heard coffee grounds keep them away and you likely have lots of that.

http://lifehacker.com/5583176/draft-keep-your-yard-and-garden-pest-free-without-harsh-chemicals

Bring on the Coffee: Coffee grounds are a great addition to your garden. They add nitrogen to the soil, they increase the acidity for acid loving plants, and, best of all, a wide range of creatures can't stand coffee grounds. Slugs hate coffee, cats hate coffee; it's even sometimes an effective olfactory-based repellent for picky deer. 

Archived