DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mafia peoples!

Reyoru

Yo, you should all sign up for Caesar Mafia at SG, right here.

Sorry for the shameless plug, been the slowest sign ups I've ever seen.

Now how are you all doing? Are the Shadow still ruling supreme around here?

Sorry, can´t play big games anymore.

Of course the Shadow is ruling!

Two games at a time has been the norm for a while here. We had four sign-ups pop up at once and all of a sudden we could only fill one game, because everyone was too spread out. /shrug I think both SG games will fill pretty quickly now though.

People who enjoy mafia but can't keep up with the usual volume could always play a lower content game together.

I'd be more than willing to mod it.

I mean we've knocked around a lot of ideas about how to make games more accessible to people with time restraints, but at the end of the day it's all just a matter of who signs up. 

I've had the idea for a while now to run low key mafia games that don't impose the sort of effort expectation of what we're used to here.  I played in one off-site a month ago where the entire game was only about 300 posts, and I had a lot of fun being able to just pop in for 15 minutes a day without getting too invested in it.  It's sort of like a turbo (a game that's run start to finish in about an hour) in slow motion.  Find enough interested parties and I'll make it happen--I'd probably start with something fairly role-less, but if people want a bunch of wacky power roles that are impossible to balance but give everyone a fun and unpredictable night ability, that can certainly be done too.

To be fair, I dont think it can happen at Dragonmount, because everyone's so used to making long cases and having an opinion (and giving it) about everything, that it'll become like that anyways, except if you add a post restriction for everyone, which I don't think will work either (because then you'll get people who can't give their full thoughts).

To be fair, I dont think it can happen at Dragonmount, because everyone's so used to making long cases and having an opinion (and giving it) about everything, that it'll become like that anyways, except if you add a post restriction for everyone, which I don't think will work either (because then you'll get people who can't give their full thoughts).

I doubt there would be any issue. We all know who the players are who'll post 500+ times in a game. (I'm one of them.) For these particular games, they either can't sign up or will face a very heavy post restriction. Problem solved, and the dozen or so people who constantly talk about how they wish they could play but they can't keep up with the volume levels these days, well, they can play now!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the idea for a while now to run low key mafia games that don't impose the sort of effort expectation of what we're used to here. I played in one off-site a month ago where the entire game was only about 300 posts, and I had a lot of fun being able to just pop in for 15 minutes a day without getting too invested in it. It's sort of like a turbo (a game that's run start to finish in about an hour) in slow motion. Find enough interested parties and I'll make it happen--I'd probably start with something fairly role-less, but if people want a bunch of wacky power roles that are impossible to balance but give everyone a fun and unpredictable night ability, that can certainly be done too.

+1 to this idea

Archived