DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your Favorite Scary Movie? >:-0

Nynaeve

Toss up between Candyman and Pet Cemetery >.>

Pet Cemetery was really scary.

The Exorcist; Rosemary's Baby; The Changeling (with George C. Scott 1980); When a Stranger Calls.

The Exorcist; Rosemary's Baby; The Changeling (with George C. Scott 1980); When a Stranger Calls.

WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!!!!!!

I don't really find any horror films scary but I like them because they are dark and deal with conscious and subconscious fears. The only one that ever gave me the chills was Nosferatu and partly because there is no sound. Some of the ones I like the most are:

Nosferatu (1922)

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1931) - amazing acting and effects in this one.

Night of the Living Dead (1968) - it was a bit eerie, definitely one of things that showcase how you can do so much more with so very little effects

The Omen (1976) - liked it more as a psychological thriller

Alien (1979) - great sense of mystery (in the beginning) and suspense

The Thing (1982) - a bit haunting because of the sense of isolation and paranoia
Fright Night (1985) - I liked how it was sort of tongue in cheek and the effects were great for the time too.

Interview with the Vampire (1994) - it was more of a gothic, artistic film than a horror film but apparently it's classified as horror

The Babadook (2014) - I like how the monster is Nosferatu-esque and the plot is pretty smart and psychological. Another example of being able to do alot with not much of a budget or effects

If I had to choose just one as the best I would go with Nosferatu.

I still need to watch The Babadook. Heard good things about it. I also need to watch "The Thing". I actually watched the more current prequel of it from 2011. So I really need to watch the movie from the 80's as well.

Also ftr, I find horror movies more amusing than scary, but the ones I mentioned are ones I watched as a kid and got really freaked out about. Nowadays I'd prolly react to them differently lol

Honestly? After seeing the Scary Movie parody with the exorcist part of it? I can't watch the exorcist and take it very seriously  LOL   I just mentally always go back to the scene of them all throwing up on each other >.>

Honestly? After seeing the Scary Movie parody with the exorcist part of it? I can't watch the exorcist and take it very seriously  LOL   I just mentally always go back to the scene of them all throwing up on each other >.>

The original Exorcist when it came out was freaking scary.  Still one of the absolute best scary movies ever.

Alien, Aliens and Event Horizon. 

Ohh, I haven't seen Alien yet but I plan to.

You haven't seen Alien...???

Yeah, I've been meaning to. I may get from Best Buy or something.

Oh and I kinda fear sea creatures lol  So shark stuff usually is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

There's just something about little kids in horror movies that freak me out. Not a huge fan of dolls and manikins coming to life >.>

So you don't like Chucky and Jaws?

Archived