DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Stormlight Archive.

Talmanes

Have any of you read it and or are reading it?

I'm nearly done with book two and have been absolutely enthralled. I think it's going to be a fantastic series overall. Eagerly awaiting book three even though I still have a couple hundred pages of book two.

I have heard so much good about it but I refuse to start another series that isn´t finished. I´m already reading three series that isn´t finished and it´s annoying to wait for the next book.

I haven't read it, but I am planning to. One day. In the distant future. When I got the time.

Okay, it's probably going to be as simple (and far away) as "having finished all of the Discworld series".

Talking about that, I'm nearly done with Hogfather. So I've made quite a bit of progress since the last any of you know.

• Community Administrator

I've also read both volumes.  Book one was very slow for me.  I had a hard time getting into it.  Book two, though, was so much better paced and it grabbed my attention and held it!  The ending of book two really shocked me (that's all I'm saying on the subject), and I can't wait to see where the next book goes!

@Niniel - I definitely can't fault that logic haha.

@Ley - That's on my list too.

@Basel - You know I remember us talking about that before.

@Shadar - Boy do I know what you mean.

@Mashiara - I'm finishing it tonight so thank you for not spoiling lol.

Niniel has it right, now I just want the third book to come out. Lots of questions at the end of book 2.

The thing with BS too is that all his stuff is connected so there is a ton I want to know about all his books. Probably won't have all the questions answered for 10-15 years.

I have to say in book one, Shallan was my least favorite character, but book 2 I actually really enjoyed her parts. Book one I was always the most interested in Kaladin and Bridge 4. I do think it is interesting that each book focuses on one of the main characters more than the others, and the fact that book 2 telling the story of Shallan actually helped me like the character more shows strong writing skills IMO.

I recommended Way of the Kings to a classmate and lent him my copy. He saw it and asked it it had over 1000 pages because it was so thick. He turned to last page and saw that it had over 1000 pages. Another classmate is sure that book 3 will be out before the first classmate finishes book 1.

This reminds me to ask if he has started reading the book

For me one of the msot interesting things is the fact that the second book already has the ending that bit does. This isn't much of a spoiler, but the end of the world practically is already coming and there are eight more books! I love that things happen so fast because it means there is so much story. I think BS does a great job of pairing action with character development, especially with each book focusing on one character with flashbacks.

I am thinking of rereading Stormlight but it's bigger than what I think I can handle right now. I don't know how my friend is managing to read Malazan with almost similar time table.

My classmate said that he would be returning me Stormlight because he can't read it :dry: . I lost a lot of respect for him because of this (combined with other things)

I am thinking of rereading Stormlight but it's bigger than what I think I can handle right now. I don't know how my friend is managing to read Malazan with almost similar time table.

My classmate said that he would be returning me Stormlight because he can't read it :dry: . I lost a lot of respect for him because of this (combined with other things)

Stormlight is not just long but also very complex. I wouldn't fault someone for giving up on it.

It was a very complex book. That was why I reread the first before reading the second. Both of those one right after another though made me feel like some lighter reading for sure.

I picked up almost the whole series of Dresden Files at a thrift shop so I thought I would give that a try.

Not dead, just kinda sparce. We're like a desert, always life creeping up lol.

True.

Also, I couldn't find the Stormlight Archive (I'm sure I got it somewhere...), so I decided to start on the second Mistborn trilogy first. I had already read the prologue a while ago.

Stormlight is not just long but also very complex. I wouldn't fault someone for giving up on it.

Giving up before even reading the first page? That's not even trying

Archived