DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghostbusters Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Just a question for Turin:

You keep saying that Tsuki could fake claim cop as town, and that it´s even more believable than him fake claiming as mafia. How come? Do you know that he has fake claimed roles as town before?

Yes. I believe he has.

In the interest of keeping it clean, I have never fake claimed as town - I did it as 3rd party who was aligned with whomever I viewed the previous night...

giphy.gif

I was on the winning team, that game :)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also claimed to be unlynchable unless a Vote Controller forced me to hammer myself, AFTER a Vote Controller was NK'ed and their role revealed, thereby stopping all attempts to lynch me because my alignment was capable of changing...

Fair enough Tsuki. I remembered it wrong

Eldrick, you are assigning a motive to whoever or whatever caused RTE to not be lynched yesterday. It is basically giving up on today to try to get an answer about yesterday that you may not get.

So what will you deduce from:

RTE having votes but not being lynched again?

RTE getting lynched and flipping maf?

RTE getting lynched and flipping town?

Has he posted yet today? If he doesn't post all day are you willing to lynch him still?

9. Shad: mafia - I have some issue with how he dealt with Z/T debate. It felt like he was happy to just keep it going despite having it as V/V. I really hated the one post about me "riding my claim" to lylo. Like you think that is even possible? 

TBH I didn't really know what to make of Zander's tunnel on you yesterday and I still feel like his behavior in your QT was o_O.  The fact that we clicked on RTE and on Dice at least initially felt right and I didn't get the full scum!Zander thunderdome vibe out of the whole thing.  Like looking elsewhere when he couldn't achieve your lynch might look bad in a vacuum but it's not how he typically scums.  I backed off at the point where v/v vibes started to win out.  I mean I continued to question him here and there and I didn't have him locked in as super obvious town, but I think I was the driving force getting attention onto RTE.

Make what you will of the "riding your claim" post and it probably wasn't fair to project 'generic thing I recently saw' onto you without considering your meta.  Probably a bit silly, at least.  But it just happened to me elsewhere and I said what was on my mind.

I want results. I want flips. I want information we can work with. D1 was the wrong lynch. N1 was no kill. This game is stagnating because of it. Rte should have been the lynch yesterday imo, and I see no reason for it not to be him today.

If there isn't a lynch, then we are no worse off than we are now, and know that someone is trying to save him.

If he flips maf, then we got one down and can start putting the pieces together.

If he flips town then we should look at the people that have been pushing him over dice and Zander, in case they knew that he wouldn't be the lynch d1 and were safely voting him. We look at the people that moved their votes d1. Probably other stuff that I can't think of right now.

I agree that dice hasn't been demonstrating a town mindset lately. I am not opposed to his lynch. I don't expect to get consensus votes on rte anyway. I just think it's a way to solve what's going on here.

I did like a lot of dice's early game, though. I don't think he's mafia. Very possible that he's 3p, and might not even affect our Wincon if he lives. His outlook is very survival oriented, which tends to me a non-town one.

The part about there being no lynch meaning someone is trying to specifically save him is invalid IMO. whoever or whatever caused it could just be throwing out a red herring.

This.

I'm willing to vote RTE, but I'm not very keen on ghost-lynching him in absentia. Never a good idea. I want to hear from him first. 

The part about there being no lynch meaning someone is trying to specifically save him is invalid IMO. whoever or whatever caused it could just be throwing out a red herring.

That it might be a red herring doesnt make it invalid. It's just another possibility.

It's possible that it was done specifically to save him. It's possible it was done to specifically get Zander lynched instead. It's possible it was just done for the lols and the confusion.

There are a lot of possibilities. Point is this is the one I think happened, so I'm pursuing it.

Just a random thought for those of you voting RTE, where do you Look next if he flips town?

rey

Well isn't that just a surprise. Dice loves OMGUS. 

I hadn´t any firm oppinions on RTE at that time and I´m still not sure. Waiting for some answers. Why doesn´t it make Laine look good? Doesn´t understand. Why didn´t you like my position on Tsuki. As you say, you voted him yourself. 

Working on my views. See later posts. 

Because he later claimed cop and those on the wagon started looking a little suspicious. To be fair to you, you didn't particularly like Tsuki from the start. It just makes Alanna look back by association I think. 

But if you are wrong we have wasted a day and possibly lynched a townie based on gaming the game.

Might be right but I don't wanna throw all my eggs in one basket on a hope.

If there is one then I would rather he got vigged as that would have solved his slot without allowing the same thing to happen again.

First, I didn't say anything about my being saved because I still have no idea what happened. I received no message or indication prior to or after the lynch went through, so if anyone targeted me, I didn't receive any information about it. I'm town so I suspect it was to cast doubt on my slot. 

I am surprised this isn't more clear to be honest. The way I see it is the only people who know Turin and Zander's alignment is the mafia. Now if they are both town, easiest move for Mafia would be to stay off of either of them entirely. Therefore, if both turn out to be town, or only Zander as I already think Turin is town, I am most suspicious of those who have never voted on either of them or jumped off early.

If you want to talk consensus votes...

That being said, I had John very high up on my town list and as weird as this looks, I'm not ready to vote Hallia yet either. But will keep an eye on her.

Laine has moved up my town list. I believe Dice is Tree Stump, mostly due to the hint he dropped early on about not being able to be lynched. Unless he is another role that can't be lynched, which is possible. However, I believe one of Zander, Turin, or Dice need to be resolved today. That's why I won't move my vote, Of the three, I believe Zander is most likely to be scum. 

I also find it a bit hypocritical that Eldrick says he is easily swayed by others but also criticizes me in saying a lot of my posts are consensus and my votes following a train. When every day my time on the thread is largely spent catching up, that shouldn't really be a surprise. I kind of like Len's idea to let NAs resolve the Turin/Zander uncertainties but otherwise if not Zander or Dice, I'd move to one of my nulls, and I would rather stick to Zander as he's my strongest scum read. 

You're surprised that D1 isn't more clear?  We have a ton of claims D1 and 60 pages, I'm not sure what else you're asking for.

What has changed for you regarding my slot, have I done something scummy?  If so, tell me what.

What did Laine do to move up? And Treestumps can be lynched.  Silenced, no, but lynched, yes.  I disagree that Zander/Turin needs to be sorted by lynching.  I think the idea of cop clearing is a good idea.  I'm sure the doc will protect the cop, so Tsuki will have some info for us tomorrow I hope.

I could vote you or Eldrick still.  He made me feel a bit better, but he is still very low.  Please give me more to work with if you want me to move.

No I meant I was surprised my reasoning wasn't more clear, not D1.

Your switching of votes to different trains within the span of a few posts which fairly little go on between switches looked scummy to me.

Laine moved up based on strong contributions. Her interaction with Tsuki screamed frustrated town to me, and I agree with her thoughts about him. I think it is a good thing Zander was lynched, as given Tsuki was apparently blocked we'd still be at square 1 today. 

I'll try to come back with more later today.

@ p80

Mafia RB'd and shot the cop and got blocked, which is what happens like 90% of the time when there is an outed cop early and a doc in hiding.

Mafia RB'd the cop, shot elsewhere, doc took a wild gamble that paid off.

Mafia fake claimed a role that will necessarily be countered before end game, shot elsewhere, and doc took a wild gamble that paid off.

What's the more likely scenario here?  Really now?

Tsuki is cop unless someone with a lot of town cred steps up and counters imo.

Dipping out again top of p82.  Yes I have been useless this game yes I should feel bad and probably deserve to be in a lot of POEs.  It is what it is.  I should have never signed up for multiple games at once and this one happens to have really long deadlines.  Sorry.

Hallia

#478 Likes Turin and understands Tsuki´s claim if he is going to be away a lot

#665 Votes Zander because of him being off earlier and Turin´s stuff

#770 Tell´s Eld that Rey won´t get lynched

#823 She is not against a competing train on Dice

#997 Votes Eld - agrees with Laine that is easily swayed

#1115 Votes RTE - needs to be more active, Eld made better posts during the night

#1178 Won´t lynch Lenlo

#1199 Questions RTE, think the cop should solve Zander-Turin, says she could vote Eld. He made better posts but is still low.

#1294 Votes Zander

#1306 Could switch to Dice. He was scummy early and if he is town it would be good to have someone confirmed

#1324 Unvotes. Zander is here and cares.

#1379 Votes RTE

Today - votes RTE

All these votes and unvotes makes me dizzy. Eld posts better. But then he is still low. Cop should solve Zander. Then she votes him. Could switch to Dice etc. 

Have anyone seen Hally play like this before? To me it screams mafia but it´s just too much. Is it a case of being too scummy to be scum? I usually don´t listen to that kind of arguments and rather not do one myself but she is acting so weird. Please, let me know what you think about Hallia.

Archived