DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Green Ajah FOF Discussion - How Did You Choose your Ajah/Discipline?

WildTaltos

c9b916e40c668d1ebefd3a359e2eba20.jpg

As per the title, this discussion is about how you came to choose the ajah/path you did and share any memorable moments during your aspirancy. Feel free to share whatever you like pertaining to the subject, but here are some questions to start with if feel like answering:

How or why did you choose your ajah or discipline?

If you were a warder instead of an aes sedai (or an aes sedai instead of a warder), what ajah or discipline do you think you might have chosen?

• Club Leader

I had looked all over as a Novice, like you are supposed to do. I had my choice of Ajah narrowed down to two or three. Then someone upset me by something they said. Doesn't matter who or what. For days, the only place I posted or read was the Green Ajah. I didn't want to venture out until I felt better. That's when I knew where "home" was. 

As for which Disc I would have joined, Ren Shai, hands down. At that time, it had my favorite people. I don't know who is what over there anymore. 

Gah it was so different when I joined the WT... I really don't remember. I do know when I joined I had a lot of friends that were greens and I just seemed to fit there. I had always thought of myself as a green when reading the books and it just fit. 

Now to be something else... I don't know what I would be if I had to go back and do it again. I seriously might have joined the warders lol 

I came here thinking I would be one Ajah.  I had a laser on it and even had an avatar that appeared to be one of that Ajah.

As I visited all over, I realized I didn't belong to that Ajah at all, neither here nor in the books.  Quite stunned, I was.  

Gah it was so different when I joined the WT... I really don't remember. I do know when I joined I had a lot of friends that were greens and I just seemed to fit there. I had always thought of myself as a green when reading the books and it just fit. 

Now to be something else... I don't know what I would be if I had to go back and do it again. I seriously might have joined the warders lol 

When did you join?  

I found a solid place in the Greens which I never would have predicted.

I came here thinking I would choose Green, hands down (I've always been a bit of a fighter ... lol). After a while I thought maybe Blue (here) would be a better choice (they were very much into flirting and acting zany back then). Then I realized that each Ajah had something that drew me. The thing that eventually made me decide on Red, was that I could truly be myself there. I've always been a bit of a loner, and the closeness of most of the other Ajahs (especially the Greens) was the complete opposite of what I felt comfortable in.

If you were a warder instead of an aes sedai (or an aes sedai instead of a warder), what ajah or discipline do you think you might have chosen?

Ren'shai, I'm sure. They're much like the Reds.

I looked at all parts of the White Tower before deciding where I'd fit in. I had real trouble deciding between warder and Aes Sedai, but chose Aes Sedai due to they're being more active and their being more choices available.

Parts of me fit in everywhere. There is literally one bit of me that would fit into every Ajah. I finally went with the one I had most in common with in the long run, and that is the White ♡.

If I had chosen the Warder path I'd have gone the same way my bonded did. :happy:

I came here full of dreams and love for the Green Ajah, seeing I am quite a fighter in RL. :tongue: Made some friends who picked that Ajah too and we had a lot of fun together. It didn't last... those people are gone now. Now, in DM I feel much more at home with the Reds who are fighters too, but in another way. I liked the way they could keep their boards light, playful but still serious sometimes. Also Mystikins is <3

probably Me’Arearth.

• Club Leader

I went through the same thing, Chae. All of the people that were in the Ajah when I joined (the reason I went Green) are gone. For a while, I considered leaving the Ajah, but now there is a whole new bunch of brothers and sisters who I enjoy hanging out with. The weird thing to me is to not have any bondeds who are active. I guess that happens when you've been around long enough. 

I went through the same thing, Chae. All of the people that were in the Ajah when I joined (the reason I went Green) are gone. For a while, I considered leaving the Ajah, but now there is a whole new bunch of brothers and sisters who I enjoy hanging out with. The weird thing to me is to not have any bondeds who are active. I guess that happens when you've been around long enough. 

Yeah that really sucks. I miss the days when I had so many Bondeds around.

There were three Ajah's that I felt drawn to when I was choosing, but I think I was always going to be Gray! It was the Ajah I went to first when I logged in, I read practically everything on the board (went through some really old threads!) and that's when I realised that this was where I wanted to be.

I forget it might have been random.org 

No seriously the warder board was a bunch of fun and I had time to play. The Me'A were the ones that seemed the most like me. I liked the idea of usnig the mind as a weapon. strategy games were always my thing even when I was a more physical person, meaning athletic. 

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived