DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

St. Patrick's Day Alphabet Game

Jivenrah Sedai

Fáilte! In honor of St. Patrick's Day coming up, I am introducing an alphabet game. Here are the rules: the Irish alphabet has 18 letters: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,l,m,n,o,p,r,s,t, and u. We are going to see if everyone can come up with words either from Irish or having to do with St. Patrick's Day. ALSO - knowing that RJ borrowed many ideas from Irish and Celtic culture for his books we will honor him as well with words from the Wheel of Time series for j, k, q, v, w, x, y and z. Feel free to keep on with a letter until we exhaust that letter. If someone wants to throw in a picture of something along with their word then lucky us!

I'll start...

a is for aisling - Irish for dream or vision

b is for bodhran - a handheld frame drum traditionally played with a tipper

WM1922bodhranplayerceticdesign.jpg

b is for blarney - talk that is not true but that is nice and somewhat funny and that may be used to trick you.

Go!

796ab6d54cc7e4c173eb8c9d4a0341a7.jpg

I'm not really sure on what you're askin for lol. So, the first set of letters are the letters in the gaelic alphabet. You want us to try and put the letters together into what we THINK are words or find actual words and then share the definition? For the RJ bit, are we trying to find Gaelic words that may have been pulled into WoT? Not sure what the second set of letters are for. Sorry if I am just over thinking it lol

I'll still toss in one of my favorite Gaelic names. Siobhan. (I don't know how to put in accent marks lol) which means full of charm. Pronounced Shevon around here. 

I'm not really sure on what you're askin for lol. So, the first set of letters are the letters in the gaelic alphabet. You want us to try and put the letters together into what we THINK are words or find actual words and then share the definition? For the RJ bit, are we trying to find Gaelic words that may have been pulled into WoT? Not sure what the second set of letters are for. Sorry if I am just over thinking it lol

I'll still toss in one of my favorite Gaelic names. Siobhan. (I don't know how to put in accent marks lol) which means full of charm. Pronounced Shevon around here. 

Thanks for posting, Millon. I didn't mean for it to be confusing. Basically I was just wanting to have word association like a=aisling, b=bodhran, c=clover etc. For the WoT - j=ji'e'toh, K=Ko'bal Trollocs, etc.... Does that help clarify? Save Siobhan for S though!

My favorite as well.  Taltos told me how to pronounce it.  I also love Saoirse (“sear + sha”) and for a boy my favorite name of all time is Sean.  I have two sons and it would have sounded really weird with my last name.

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived