DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dungeon Dwellers - IWW points!

Torrie

Dungeon Dwellers! 

(If you don't know what Dungeon Dwellers are you should visit us in the Reds more often!  :wink: )

I have 62 points to give away! Now is your chance to earn them and your freedom (You know, if you really want to get out). 

IWW is about learning and sharing different ways to celebrate women and fighting inequality across the globe. 

Tell me what you have learned this week and I will award points. 

Remember to post your points in this thread for them to be counted: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/97483-dungeon-points-for-iww/

If anyone else wants to let me know what you learned this week, I would love to hear it! 

As a good dungeon dweller i will participate to this thread lol and beg for points

So far, I have learned about a lot of important females. I won't give you all the names... because those are the names I will use/am using in the hangman. Dice and I did some research and it was interesting to know more about those ladies.

I discovered that there are more female engineers/scientists than I thought. Which is very encouraging. Like I said in the thread, most of my female friends are teachers, psychologists, secretaries, HR agents, ...

Last thing, making Sooh's siggy (IWW wardrobe thread - please go check if you haven't already #chaeisadvertising), made me discover pretty interesting quotes from Ellen DeGeneres. I knew her by name but I had no idea about what she actually said.

I have learned that my life here in Norway is far more privileged than even I was aware of. Especially in terms of sexual harassment. I've never had to be afraid to walk alone on the streets anywhere in this country, and I've never (to my recollection) experienced anything like catcalling. Reading other people's experiences makes me realize how lucky I am. 

I've also gotten to discuss a bunch about equality, and I think it has been a very interesting discussion so far. I'm not one to enter discussions lightly, but this one I've truly enjoyed!

I also like puzzles and games very much, so finding out about important role models in feminism that way has been fun and interesting at the same time. 

The male feminists thread has been a really cool and interesting read for me, and while I haven't actively participated in it I've enjoyed reading other people's thoughts.

Thank you to the Reds for making this event a really cool and good one, and thank you to all the people helping arranging it and participating in the threads. It wouldn't have been so much fun to take part in without any one of you.

points%20please_zpslfiosbmg.jpg

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived