DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elektra, Welcome to The Band!

Nikonis

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DRAGONS!!!

[okay, i just realized that my posts today have been utterly useless to actually continue any kind of conversation anywhere, so...]

You're from Canada! I just happen to know another amazing Canadian...

Everyone loves Zander imo

<3 <3 <3

PS. I LOVED your pun, BB!

*makes Shad facepalm himself, holding his wrist* Looks like I've caught you red handed, Shad. 

Wow. Instant regret. Can we make making that pun against band laws?

Band law against bad puns would make me sad...

And you're a teacher, Elektra? Or... lecturer? I'm in training to be a teacher, too. There's quite a few teachers here and I look up to them, very much.

Another teacher! Yay! *highfives*

I'm in middle school trying to teach English and math.

:wub:

Yup, we Canadians are everywhere! :D

And I think my official title is professor?  Not really sure, it's a teaching university that doesn't follow the tenure system. So maybe just lecturer? I tried asking my colleague but he's confused too. 

I'm glad you appreciate the pun.

What are you training to teach in, Elektra?

Also, ooh ooh ooh! 5 000th post!

Ha. :)  I have no training whatsoever.It's kind of a funny system in that I have no official teaching training.

My students often call me their teacher and I always correct them because I have no right to be called a teacher, teachers are professionals at teaching - I'm just a lady who knows a lot about one topic. 

And you teach what exactly? 

(I may have missed that)

Oh, ha!  No, I just forgot to mention. 

I teach physics. Mainly just first year material. :)

Ooohh... that gets technical quickly. I remember thinking physics was very difficult when I was in school. 

... the whole class was mean with the physics teacher, so i have a lot to catch up ! :biggrin:

now maybe you can explain me what are the gravitational waves that they have discovered this week lol ?

I try to be extra-not-mean!  

Though a lot of my students come to my class hating the subject without giving it a fair chance, it's kind of sad because I truly believe it's a fun and interesting topic that has a lot application to all other areas that my students intend to study in.  </nerdrant>

I'm going to to have to start looking for a profile picture, I don't think this agendered human-shaped white blob is really capturing my personality. 

Elektra, we can help you with your face ! PM me and BB and Besie, i am sure we'll come up with awesome ideas

*tries not to grin*

i changed my face indeed ! i wanted blue hair lol ^.^

From the first Marshal-General of the Band all those years ago who is trying to be a bit active, welcome to the Band of the Red Hand! It's always been a great place, so hopefully you will enjoy it!

And I just had to check when the Band was reformed, and that was back in December 2004/January 2005. Blood and ashes, now that makes me feel old in DM years!

Archived