DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elektra, Welcome to The Band!

Nikonis

Or so the archers like to think. It keeps them happy, anyway. :p

I finally made it into this thread! Sorry I'm late-you'll get used to that. I make up for it with free drinks, good music, and the occasional quip.  I'm glad you made it over to us! We loooove new toys people round here. Everyone's already got around to asking the big questions, but there is one left-what's your favourite band/s? Favourite genre of music?

*passes the recruit a Bandy that she should absolutely not spill* (at least not with Dice in the thread)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I was a little absent these last few days.  Real life drama suddenly appeared. 

1. Restrictions?  :huh:

When the actual membership kicks in you'll see a whole lot more of the Band, and you'll also go through some tough recruit training :wink:

2. Pretty sure he'll get you one extra... or ten... or more...

3. Did you say what you worked with?

Oh, I just work at a small university.  Teaching stuff to students that don't want to be there.  It's great. :) :)

As for questions about you...
- What got you interested in the Wot series?
- Who is your favorite overall character?
- What is your favorite Mat/Band scene?
- Any hobbies you'd like to share?

What got me interested in WoT?  Oi.  That's a tough question because it was SOOO long ago. I probably just found the first book and got hooked.  
My personal favourite character has to Mesaana.  I really like the strong characters that have strong personalities.

And I pretty much love all the scenes with Mat and Tuon. It's a fun dynamic, and Tuon is a runner up for favourite character.  (Bald ladies are cool - I'm not that brave though).

As for hobbies. I play roller derby, that takes up most of my time, we had a couple practices this weekend (and a team photoshoot as well). Other than that, I play video games, watch movies, read, and knit occasionally.  I also like eating so much I think it's nearing a hobby.

Welcome, Elektra! 

I'm Jak... the smart one. ^^^ That's Nikon... the other smart one. *hesitates* Yeah...  :tongue:

So have a flaming shot and tell us about yourself. Do you like movies? Dark chocolate or lighter? What is your opinion on crocks? Hate 'em? Loathe 'em? Who is your favorite WoT character? Who told you about Wheel of Time in the first place? I'm always interested to hear about that last one.  :biggrin:

*downs the flaming shot*  That was tasty! 
Yes!  I love movies!  Milk chocolate is preferred, but I'd never say no to dark. 

I don't really have an opinion on crocks... I don't think.  I'd like to hear your opinions, I think you might feel strongly about them.  

And I don't think anybody told me about the WoT. I know I was the first in my family to start reading them, but it was so long ago. :/

Or so the archers like to think. It keeps them happy, anyway. :p

I finally made it into this thread! Sorry I'm late-you'll get used to that. I make up for it with free drinks, good music, and the occasional quip.  I'm glad you made it over to us! We loooove new toys people round here. Everyone's already got around to asking the big questions, but there is one left-what's your favourite band/s? Favourite genre of music?

*passes the recruit a Bandy that she should absolutely not spill* (at least not with Dice in the thread)

*cautiously sips the Bandy*  I would never spill such a delicious drink!  (I should mention that I just bough a board game called Forbidden Desert.  As I was unwrapping the pieces, I spilled cranberry juice all over the tiles - you may want to start handing me all these drinks in sippy cups)

Not really sure I have a favourite band at the moment, maybe Queen.  Generally I listen to classic rock, some punk rock, and classical from time to time. 

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcomes and the delicious beverages!  

It looks like I have access to the private spaces now, so I'll go have a look at those. :)

so

<super big image>

are you a comic book reader?

How did you find that photo of me?  That's *exactly* what I look like. Spot on!

I used to read comics, but I couldn't afford the upkeep and stopped a long time ago.  Now I just read web comics. :/  

*makes Shad facepalm himself, holding his wrist* Looks like I've caught you red handed, Shad. 

Wow. Instant regret. Can we make making that pun against band laws?

And also, Queen! Yes! That is a good answer .I'm actually playing Fat Bottomed Girls tomorrow night at a gig haha. Well, I say play, I mean have a beer while the other people with amplified instruments play that one. Or do some hits in the chorus or something if the music director tells me to. The three guys singing it are naaaaailing it; it's hilarious. 

I feel like I should ask you this before we get too much further into our relationship, Elektra-what exactly is roller derby?

I think we all know that the archers are the best. 

Sorry I was a little absent these last few days.  Real life drama suddenly appeared. 

Welcome, Elektra! 

I'm Jak... the smart one. ^^^ That's Nikon... the other smart one. *hesitates* Yeah...  :tongue:

So have a flaming shot and tell us about yourself. Do you like movies? Dark chocolate or lighter? What is your opinion on crocks? Hate 'em? Loathe 'em? Who is your favorite WoT character? Who told you about Wheel of Time in the first place? I'm always interested to hear about that last one.  :biggrin:

*downs the flaming shot*  That was tasty! 
Yes!  I love movies!  Milk chocolate is preferred, but I'd never say no to dark. 

I don't really have an opinion on crocks... I don't think.  I'd like to hear your opinions, I think you might feel strongly about them.  

And I don't think anybody told me about the WoT. I know I was the first in my family to start reading them, but it was so long ago. :/

Loving movies is good. Can you pick any favorites?  :laugh:

Crocks are just kinda stupid-looking. Mat would hate them.  :dry:

A more important question: Do you think bananas are shadowspawn and need to be destroyed with balefire? If not, if you're like me and all the reasonable people of the world and think bananas are just fine, then watch out for Dawn and Chae. They're like whitecloaks... but searching for bananas... 

*makes Shad facepalm himself, holding his wrist* Looks like I've caught you red handed, Shad. 

And also, Queen! Yes! That is a good answer .I'm actually playing Fat Bottomed Girls tomorrow night at a gig haha. Well, I say play, I mean have a beer while the other people with amplified instruments play that one. Or do some hits in the chorus or something if the music director tells me to. The three guys singing it are naaaaailing it; it's hilarious. 

I feel like I should ask you this before we get too much further into our relationship, Elektra-what exactly is roller derby?

Ha, that's awesome.  I'll have to listen to them again when I'm working.

Roller derby is a sport played on roller skates.  It's really fun and the only sport I've ever been interested in.  There was a movie recently called "Whip It" with Ellen Page, it's essentially that (except we play on flat ground).  Here's a quick ~2 min primer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMFy2r-Mb0  It's pretty fantastic, and it's primarily a women's sport.

lol so then ms Garner.....i got a spare bed nect time ure in sydney....

so comics  Fav comics? marvel or DC?  How soon til u see DP?

and most importantly

Cap or Iron man?? Whose side are you on???

I'm not really sure when I'll see Deadpool.  Maybe with a group of my friends when it comes out.  If I'm dating someone at that time I might drag them to see it with me.  Otherwise, I might reluctantly wait for the small screen.

I haven't decided which side I'm on yet.  I'm waffling. 

Another teacher! Yay! *highfives*

I'm in middle school trying to teach English and math.

^5   Aww yeah!  ^_^  I don't think I could handle middle school though. You must be very brave.  Very very brave.

Welcome, Elektra!  Sorry I'm late to your thread.

Oh, and although the Archers and Infantry are just fine, Cavalry is the best.  *nods emphatically*

Thanks!  And no worries, you're not late.

Loving movies is good. Can you pick any favorites?  :laugh:

Crocks are just kinda stupid-looking. Mat would hate them.  :dry:

A more important question: Do you think bananas are shadowspawn and need to be destroyed with balefire? If not, if you're like me and all the reasonable people of the world and think bananas are just fine, then watch out for Dawn and Chae. They're like whitecloaks... but searching for bananas... 

Favourite movies?  

Since I just watched it the other day, I'm going to say Groundhog Day is up in the top all time favourites!  Not sure what else is up there. 

Crocks bad --- Got it.  As for bananas, I don't know if I'd say they're shadowspawn, but I'm not particularly fond of them.  Why? Why do they have to be naturally mushy?

Thanks for the continued welcome, folks!

Ha, that's awesome.  I'll have to listen to them again when I'm working.

Roller derby is a sport played on roller skates.  It's really fun and the only sport I've ever been interested in.  There was a movie recently called "Whip It" with Ellen Page, it's essentially that (except we play on flat ground).  Here's a quick ~2 min primer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbMFy2r-Mb0  It's pretty fantastic, and it's primarily a women's sport.

lol so then ms Garner.....i got a spare bed nect time ure in sydney....

so comics  Fav comics? marvel or DC?  How soon til u see DP?

and most importantly

Cap or Iron man?? Whose side are you on???

I'm not really sure when I'll see Deadpool.  Maybe with a group of my friends when it comes out.  If I'm dating someone at that time I might drag them to see it with me.  Otherwise, I might reluctantly wait for the small screen.

I haven't decided which side I'm on yet.  I'm waffling.

vader-nooooo.jpg

Big Screen BIG Screen BIG SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRAGONS!!!

[okay, i just realized that my posts today have been utterly useless to actually continue any kind of conversation anywhere, so...]

You're from Canada! I just happen to know another amazing Canadian...

Everyone loves Zander imo

<3 <3 <3

PS. I LOVED your pun, BB!

Band law against bad puns would make me sad...

And you're a teacher, Elektra? Or... lecturer? I'm in training to be a teacher, too. There's quite a few teachers here and I look up to them, very much.

Another teacher! Yay! *highfives*

I'm in middle school trying to teach English and math.

:wub:

Archived