DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time Companion

Talmanes

So who all has the Encyclopedia? Anyone find some interesting nuggets of information?

I checked on some main characters and was a bit disappointed that it didn't do much but summarize. Great resource for looking up the random obscure history though.

So who all has the Encyclopedia? Anyone find some interesting nuggets of information?

I checked on some main characters and was a bit disappointed that it didn't do much but summarize. Great resource for looking up the random obscure history though.

I've skimmed and at this point, I feel the same way.  Hardly any new nuggets on main characters.  Moiraine was a "wilder" that's all the new info.

That being said, any WoT fan deeply into the series should buy the book for their collection, IMO.

I will just copy this from another thread.

I didn´t have any great expectations since I had read what team Jordan had said about it before I bought it. Still, I was a bit disappointed. The last companion book I bought was A World of Ice and Fire and for some reason I thought that the WoT Companion would look a little like that. I wish it had been a larger book with a lot of great pics, but it isn´t. There are very few pictures, and most of them are old once. That made me disappointed. For some reason I thought we would get a map of the area around Thakan´dar and Shayol Ghul. I thought I had read that somewhere, but obviously I was wrong. Too bad since I love maps. The new ones of the Field of Merrilor didn´t interest me.

But... it was great to get to see everyones stregth levels. Some surprised me. (How many of you have created your own strength chart?) It was fun to read about Cadsuane. And Bela, of course. :)

Even though I thought it could have been made better I don´t regret buying it. It makes my collection complete. I hope Brandon will be able to talk more about the last books now that this one is out.

I don't think Brandon has said much after it was released. Have you heard anything new?

It definitely has a lot if world info, which is interesting. Would be cool to read through the series with it.

I'm thinking about building a Trivial Pursuit game actually, there was one a long time ago that was fun.

That's awesome. I want to play it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived