DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Beers of the Red Hand

Welcome, Banders and visitors.

Once again, we'll be having a little Beer chat here. This will, hopefully, include a lot of things that you, my dear reader, will contribute. 

Some basic info is required of the Beer you'd like to share:

Name:

Origin:

Punch:

Yay or nay?:

Feel free to include a picture :happy:

Now, I'll start with the most recent beer I had:

super-des-fagnes-christmas-85-14l.jpg

Name: Super Des Fagnes

Origin: Belgium

Punch: 8.5%

Yay or nay?: Yay! Not a strong aftertaste at all. Shouldn't be limited to Christmas in my opinion. This is a nice beer, would go great with salty dishes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, alright.... enough Disney already :tongue:

Here's one of my favorite beers, brewed with the same spiced recipe since late 14th century (1369!)

Brugge_Tripel_900.jpg?1407437180

Name: Brugse Tripel

Origin: Belgium

Punch: 8.7

Yay or nay?: Absolute YAY. If you can ever get your hands on this one, try it. Really smooth taste, no bitterness involved and a beer for any occasion.

I don't like beer . . .  :huh:

Have y'all tried the Japanese beer, Kirin Ichiban?  (I think I spelled it correctly, or at least close to correctly!)

This was a direct assault on my very soul!!!!! Need to confirm with Dice if this is SPOTFINEABLE!!!!!!!

So, never tried japanese beer myself.  i DID try a chinese one before, though:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

Name: Tsingtao

Origin: China

Punch: 4.7

Yay or nay?:   i'd go with nay. Wouldn't recommend it, unless you really want to try something different. The aftertaste is kind of odd and not really pleasant.  

Okay, starting from the beers I've had in 2016.

xoaqFIT.jpg

Name: I Want S'More

Info: I Want S’more is a dessert stout (A milk stout infused with Ecuadorian Cocoa Nibs, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, and natural marshmallow flavor).

Type: Stout

Origin: Tioga Sequoia Brewing Company in Fresno, California

Punch: 7.2% ABV

Yay or nay?: If you are a stout person then definite yay but only from the bottle... The tapped version of this round of beer releases had a bad taste in comparison to the bottled versions.

Name: Autumn Rush

Info: Autumn Rush is a blended bourbon barrel aged Hazelnut Imperial Breakfast Stout (Coffee and Hazelnut Infused Double Milk Stout).

Punch: 11.8% ABV

Yay or nay?: If you are a stout person then also a yay but only from the bottle... As with the other beer, the tapped version of this round of beer releases had a bad taste in comparison to the bottled versions.

Name: Piece of Cake

Info: Piece of cake is an aged chocolate milk stout on freshly ground coffee, Madagascar vanilla beans, and toasted coconut to represent a similar flavor experience to a German Chocolate Cake.

Punch: 7.2% ABV

Yay or nay?: If you are a stout person then yet another yay from both the tap or the bottle

7ea20798ba7c472b548079cfecadc46d_640x640

Name: The Chocolate Menace

Info: The Chocolate Menace was one of about nine brews released at HoP in honor of the new star wars release.

Origin: House of Pendragon in Clovis, California

Punch: 6.0% ABV

Yay or nay?: Definite yay though they only sell from the tap or a growler to take home.

7fba917e1796737b0ba5e14b8bd40d75_640x640

Name: Attack of the Lancelot Clone

Info: The Attack of the Lancelot clone is another of the brews released at HoP in honor of the new star wars release.

Type: IPA

Punch: 6.7% ABV

Yay or nay?: Not much of an IPA person but this one was one of those I do like, like the other HoP brews they only come from the tap or in a growler.

I'm expanding my horizons by dipping into mass market apple ales. I like Redd's green apple. Maybe not impressive to a "beer snob" but I finally found a "beer" that I actually enjoy drinking all the way through!

There is some local beer with apricot flavor made here in Utah I've tried as well though that was pretty good.

Yeah, I've had Kirin-I don't mind it, but prefer Asahi if I'm going Japanese. Dunno why. The brother I was living with loves his Japanese beers, so we always had some Asahi in. And Tsingtao is alright, but I think I'll second you there, Thane. And I am soooo jealous of all the Belgian beers, and everything Nikon's posted XD I'll see if they appear in the shops or pubs any time soon over here. Fingers crossed.

I like my beers, but I'm eternally torn between the student instinct of cheapest=best, and my brothers instilling a love of decent ales in me. I always drink dark ales when I go out though. Australia is really getting into its craft beers at the moment, which is great for me. We have all our crappy beers, like Four XXXX, and VB, which should only be drunk at violent sports matches and at Australia Day parties, and the okish ones like coopers pale ale and whatnot, and the awesome ones like James Squire beers-we have a James Squire bar near where I live-called the Charming Squire, love it-and it sells all the various beers made by that brewery, and it's amazing. Expensive, but worth it. There is every kind of flavour and strength you could possibly want. I'm working my way through them. I mostly go for post-concert drinks, so maybe I'll use this as a casual beer and concert review blog XD

This is my current favourite beer:

white-rabbit-dark-ale.jpg?itok=DyFLaOao

Name: White Rabbit

Type: Dark ale

Punch: 4.9%

Origin: Australia somewhere

Yay/nay: Yayyyy! I always drink this when I go out, and usually the pale ale version when I'm at home and can afford the extra couple of dollars XD

BUT.

I had this crazy thing when I was in Adelaide for a music camp that the bartender gave to me cheap cause they ran out of whatever was on tap and I think he didn't believe I could stomach it, I'll do some googling and see if I can find it. I really hope someone else has had it before, because it was so ridiculous and delicious, and I want someone to share the experience XD  Thane, it was Belgian, so I'm looking at you

THIS:

gulden-draak.jpg

Name: Gulden Draak

Type: Dark triple ale

Origin: Belgian (surprise surprise-one day I'm gonna go to Belgium and spend the whole time sampling beers, I swear-Thane, you can help :p)

Punch: 10.5% (Hahahaha, that explains a lot)

Yay or nay: Yay!  I really liked it, it tasted quite a bit like coffee, and I had a singularly fantastic night which doubtless helps the lasting impression it left. I had to drink this quite quickly because the bar was closing, (spoiler alert-this results in much drunk) so I wish I'd had some more time to properly taste it, but all memories are positive

Ok. Gonna stop talking about beers now.

Edited by The Bard Babe

12650865_950627025013265_535339956087696

Name: English Bitter

Info: Traditional English Bitter hopped with East Kent Goldings.
Type: British Pale Ale
Punch: 3.6% ABV
Yay or nay?: This is a very nice, smooth beer with a great taste.  Yay!
Edited by Nikon

Name: Dark Matter

Origin: Victoria B.C. Canada

Punch:5.3 

Yay or nay?:  I like it.  You'd think it's a stout, but I don't think it really fits,   It's dark in colour, but too light in flavour to be a stout,  and too creamy to be a lager.  I'm tempted to call it a dark ale.  It's unique, rich, and tasty. 

hoyne-dark-matter.jpg

Name: Dark Matter
Origin: Victoria B.C. Canada
Punch:5.3 
Yay or nay?:  I like it.  You'd think it's a stout, but I don't think it really fits,   It's dark in colour, but too light in flavour to be a stout,  and too creamy to be a lager.  I'm tempted to call it a dark ale.  It's unique, rich, and tasty. 

hoyne-dark-matter.jpg

I live on the East Coast of Canada and Ive never heard of this,

I'll have to try and find me some canadian beer to try it seems :happy:

I live on the East Coast of Canada and Ive never heard of this,

Its pretty great, but hard to find.  It's made on the island (Vancouver Island) and you can only find it occasionally on the mainland in BC, doubtful it's made it farther than that.

Vancouver and Victoria are kind of like the Canadian equivalent of Seattle and Portland for craft breweries.