DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jak... is BACK... in BLACK!!!

CUE THE MUSIC!

WHAT'S UP, PEOPLE?????

I cannot express the longing I have felt to return. So much has happened since I last hijacked these threads, too much to fully explain, but I will name a few of the biggest ones. First of all, my family relocated. That's right! This last summer, my family left Seattle, Washington, where we have lived for the past twelve years and are now living in freaking Ohio! I still can't believe that. It has been a real adjustment, and one that is not without its hardships, but there's been good things about it as well. I've made a lot of new friends and have been given a bunch of new opportunities.

It's crazy, some of the stuff that's happened. This last summer, as we were trying to move, I shot a short film which I had been developing for about a year. It was, admittedly, a terrible idea to shoot it as we were trying to move, but hey! I'm young and invincible!  :tongue: I am now deeply mired in the editing process and will be until (probably) a month or two into the new year. The film is called 'Blood Money' and it served for me as a crash course in how not to make a movie. I have never been so stressed and so simultaneously happy and unhappy as when I was making it. I hope it'll be good, but most likely it will just serve as a learning experience. And no matter how good or bad it is, while making it I made friends who I will remain friends with for life.  :smile:  Sounds crazy, but this experience made me more sure than ever that I want to be a filmmaker. No joke, we had just finished filming and we're on the road... In Montana somewhere, and I turn to my brother, who worked almost as hard and suffered almost as much as I did, and I said: 'You know, I've got a really great idea for another film. I can't wait to start writing it!' He  looked at me like I was crazy and said: 'Give me a moment.' 

Speaking of movies, when I first showed up on this forum, I said that my favorite movie was The Dark Knight. Not so anymore. I've seen a few more movies now and there are too many to choose from. If I had to choose one I MIGHT say 'Good Will Hunting', but I'm not sure. 

I don't know what else to say other than I'm happy to be back...  :laugh: ... And I think I'm here to stay. I've missed you guys.

Archived