DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Staying in London - any suggestions?

Niniel

I´m going to London next summer. I have been there before but this is the first time that I´m going there with my daughter. Our main goal is to see the Harry Potter studio. Other than that we will do the ordinary sightseeing and probably shop a lot. My daughter is insisting on going to London Eye but I´m afraid of hights. We will see who wins that fight. :)

Anyway, I need some good suggestions for hotels or b&b. It can´t cost too much since our budget is limited. But I want a decent room with a bathroom, and a good breakfast. I hope you can help me. 

I think you can have a look on booking.com and/or eurostar.com that's how i found my hotels. I found pretty decent stuff for a very low price :)

So far my fav was the hotel just near the charing cross station (i don't remember the name though).

I have tried one in bloomsbury street i think, it was not bad either... but again, i don't remember the name lol

Last summer I was in London with my mom, and we stayed at the Apex close to the Tower. It was a really nice hotel, and I loved coming around the corner from it and see the Tower in front of me. 

I think you can have a look on booking.com and/or eurostar.com that's how i found my hotels. I found pretty decent stuff for a very low price :)

So far my fav was the hotel just near the charing cross station (i don't remember the name though).

I have tried one in bloomsbury street i think, it was not bad either... but again, i don't remember the name lol

Ha, ha. Very precise. :D 

But thanks, I will take a look at those sites. 

Last summer I was in London with my mom, and we stayed at the Apex close to the Tower. It was a really nice hotel, and I loved coming around the corner from it and see the Tower in front of me. 

Thanks for the suggestion but I´m afraid that is a little too expensive for us. 

I stayed in two budget hotels in London. One was so small that all you could do was sleep and stand.

The other was decent but for the price the room was in a basement floor and was pitch dark.

I wouldn't recommend either.

Sorry to be demotivating but Paris and London are the worst in terms of hotels. 

I remember staying at The Enterprise Hotel once too. That was quite nice, and as far as I remember it wasn't very expensive.

It seems like that is a little too expensive as well. :(

I stayed in two budget hotels in London. One was so small that all you could do was sleep and stand.

The other was decent but for the price the room was in a basement floor and was pitch dark.

I wouldn't recommend either.

Sorry to be demotivating but Paris and London are the worst in terms of hotels. 

I have stayed in three different hotels in London. All of them have been okay. I´m mostly there to sleep anyway. This time I need something that isn´t too bad though since my daughter is going with me. But as I said, two beds, a bathroom and some breakfast is enough. The place I stayed at last time has unfortunately closed down. 

• 4 weeks later...

There is travelodge, but I don't think they do breakfast. They can be quite good.

Going to Harry Potter studios in December, meant to be great with all the Crimbo decs out, taking my daughter with me too.

Tower of London is a good visit, though try not to steal the Crown Jewels, lol

Archived