DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Acronym Game

Niniel

I have seen this game on other sites so I thought we should give it a try. 

The theme for this game is "Newspaper Headlines". I will give you a scene from WoT and five random letters and you will then make a great headline.

For example: Event = Rand and company leaving the Two Rivers. Letters = A K Y F B   - > Could become "Aes Sedai kidnaps young farmer boys!"  Now, I made it really easy for myself with those letters. You will see that it´s much harder than that.

1. There will be 5 rounds.

2. You have to use the letters in the order they are written. You can´t add words, like a, the, of etc. You can use . , and !. 

3. You have three days to come up with the headline - send it to me in a PM. 

4. I will then post all of them in this thread and you will vote on the ones you like the most. Write who is your first, second and third choice. It´s okay to comment on the headlines but you are not allowed to say which is yours. And of course you can´t vote for your own. 

5. You will then have three days to vote. (As soon as we have the first headlines I will post the second round´s letters, so writing and voting will be during the same days.)

6. Points: 

- 1 point for submitting a headline

- 1 point for voting

- 3 points for someone choosing your headline as their number 1

- 2 points for someone choosing your headline as their number 2

- 1 point for someone choosing your headline as their number 3

7. I will use 5 random letters but will not add X or Q. 

8. I will only use scenes from the first six books. That way you won´t get spoiled if you haven´t read the ending. 

Did I forget anything? Just ask if something is not clear. Otherwise - SIGN UP!

Points after round 3.

Panchi: 6

Ley: 26

Talmanes: 34

TMD: 22

Sooh: 6

Nikon: 25

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy that you all want to play. 

I can't be here reliably. Is that a problem if I want to play or can I go for it anyways?

No, the only thing that happens if you miss the deadline is that you will not get any points that round. I´ll sign you up. :)

Okay, here we go!  If anyone wants to join before Thursday then just post in this thread.

The first scene is: Rand fighting Ba´alzamon (a.k.a Ishamael) in the sky above Falme.

Your letters are: Y F A C B

Go ahead an write a great headline and pm it to me before Thursday 8 PM CET. (GMT + 1) Good luck!

The first scene is: Rand fighting Ba´alzamon (a.k.a Ishamael) in the sky above Falme.

Your letters are: Y F A C B

1. Youth Fights and Conquers Ba'alzamon

2. Young Farmboy And Chosen Battle

3. You Fell and Cooked Bacon

4. Young Farmer Against Cursed Ba'alzamon!

5. You fear all creation Ba'alzamon?

Now, pick your three favourites and post in this thread. Be sure to say who is your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. Voting ends on Monday 8 PM CET or when everyone has voted. 

Also, it´s time for the next headline.

The second scene is: Moiraine saving everyone by pushing Lanfear through the ter´angreal. 

Letters: N A J D O

Deadline for this is also Monday 8 PM CET. Send your headline to me in the PM you have already started. 

Archived