DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

Sunrise Lord

I've seen it. I thought it was nice, and it's always pleasant to have a female protagonist who can be both a badass and not exploited as fanservice. I also found it an interesting narrative conceit that there weren't any actual antagonists, just a bunch of protagonists with the same end goal operating on conflicting information. Ultimately though, I thought it was kind of dull-slash-slow. I think part of that was due to it being a light novel (one of a series, actually) stretched out over 26 episodes, when it probably could have been done in half that. Maybe a single 12-13 episode (one cour) series wouldn't have had enough space to breathe, but I think the two-cour it went with had a little too much breathing room.

Most of what I watch is pretty fast paced, so this was a welcome change from that.  It doesn't have that feel of anticipation that most anime have, it just takes things slow and easy.  I liked that.  The story focused more on relations between the characters than the actual plot, but that's okay.  I would've liked more backstory for Balsa, but can't have everything I suppose.

Archived