DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

K (anime)

Sunrise Lord

I watched it a couple of months ago and ended up enjoying it. The first couple of episodes give you very little of solid content to grab onto; mostly just pretty visuals and loads of unnecessary fanservice. But if you can weather that until around episode three or four, when the plot settles in and you actually start getting a handle on the characters, you'll be good to go for the rest of the series. The mystery plot is actually rather engaging, and the finale had some surprising emotional resonance.

There's a second season coming up, and a movie that I haven't seen that bridges them.

Oh god, Johnny Yong Bosch was in that too? Guy is everywhere, and he never even bothers to use a different voice. Not my problem, though; I always try and watch a show in subs first, and maybe dubs later, if I hear the dub is good (most of the time it isn't).

I think I liked Mikoto the most, which is odd given that he sat out the first 2/3s of the season before they decided to show him off.

I liked most of the characters except Neko she kind of annoyed me. The end confused me. 

I would assume there is more either coming or been released in Japan as I was looking at some characters and some were animated but didn't have English voices. *laughs* If that made sense kind of late here. Anyway looking forward to a new season if it comes. Sorta like i'm waiting for them to release Attack on Titan's second season. :) 

subs or dubs to each there own. :) I was just amused to note I'd met most of the main dub cast. 

said there was a second season coming; it's supposed to be dropping this fall. There was also a movie that bridges the two; I haven't seen it and don't know what all happens in it beyond the selection of a new Red King.

Neko barely had any purpose in the plot that couldn't have been worked out some other way; it was clear she was there for nothing more than the T & A factor, same as Seri (Munakata's lieutenant). They barely even explained what she actually is.

I said there was a second season coming; it's supposed to be dropping this fall. There was also a movie that bridges the two; I haven't seen it and don't know what all happens in it beyond the selection of a new Red King.

Neko barely had any purpose in the plot that couldn't have been worked out some other way; it was clear she was there for nothing more than the T & A factor, same as Seri (Munakata's lieutenant). They barely even explained what she actually is.

I meant I had read it somewhere else. I actually liked Neko a little. She was perfect for balancing Kuro's seriousness.

• 1 month later...

So season two has started up; you guys seen any of it yet? Obviously it's subs only so far. Hulu has it, as well as the bridge movie (K: Missing Kings), which I enjoyed. Especially the new character Yukari. I almost want to hear what the dubs do with his voice, and then I remember how awful Lucifer sounded when The Devil is a Part-Timer got dubbed.

Not a lot I can talk about of the newer content without spoiling things, though. I will say that they clearly are under the impression that the fanservice in the first season was too subtle, because every time Seri is onscreen, her ridiculous warhead boobs are gyrating like water balloons, or there's overt focus on her buttcheeks spilling out of the napkin she wears as a skirt. Plus it's quite clear that the only reason Neko's new outift includes panties is so she can flash them every time she jumps around like a loon.

Archived