DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

You were referring to Verb and Rhea as grossly underestimating her scum game, and neither of them were in that game. But okay.

No I was just quoting them because they were recent, clear, and convenient posts to tell the larger narrative. I'd also like to think that subconsciously I specifically tried to avoid those three, but the truth is probably more along the lines of me being lazy.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ley ISO:

- D1 shows some uncertainty on who to vote, and then votes Zander when pressed by AJ

- vote on Zander was fine, and it was early

- I don't recall seeing him move that vote, which is also good

- D2 is mostly him attacking RTE and defending me

- I can't really read into him defending me due to how poor the case from RTE was in the first place

- Overall:  moving him to light green

Leyrann

Yates ISO:

- D1 was a lot of involvement with the argument over the Spidey meme derail

- also what Leelou called the push on seph (I actually agree that he wasn't pushing the player - he was pushing the game)

- biggest point in his favor was his TMI insistence by Zander.....I don't think Zander is lynched D1 without the casing from Yates

- the D2 long multiquote post where he refutes Leelou's points is actually good - this looks good for him as well

- I can't really find anything overtly negative that doesn't coincide with me knowing he's excellent as scum and tinfoiling as a result

- Overall:  leaving him as the light town, but nudging him closer towards full town green.

Yates

Town:

Verbal - Has had a really good day 2 in my opinion.

Leelou - Clear thought process, just got a really good feeling here.

Dice - While he cannot find the time to be very active I feel like he is on his town meta

Unsure:

Yates - Still not sure what to make of the day 1 argument.

BFG - I think that Lee and verb made some good points regarding her, not sure right now what to think.

Talmanes - Still not sure, also haven't seen much of him on day 2, as far as I can remember.

Scum:

AJ - Would be same as Yates, if not for the fishy post-hammer unvote.

RTE - Already detailed out why I think he's scum on the recent pages.

Townies

Verb

Dice

Wow. You have Dice as BLUE?

You don't?

And if not - why not?

I'm not saying he's scum but he has all of a dozen posts. Just wondering what you are seeing that I'm not...

Of my POE you are my strongest suspect right now. Do you think the Zander - Yates meme argument extravaganza was faked then? Could they be teammates? Who could you see as a possible teammate for Zander?

I think scum are playing in isolation right now. If you flip town I'd look at Yates and Andrej next but honestly wouldn't be sure where to go from there. Right now looking at who is alive you stand out to me. 

The thing is if you're town then that makes me question what I'm feeling about Andrej and Yates based on their posting. I feel the way they have interacted with others this game and put themselves out there is indicative of their town. If you consider risky exchanges or discussions, I think they have been a part of them and they wouldn't have done so as town (at least not to that extent).

So yea right now they feel firmly town. If I'm wrong about you I feel I need to be wrong about either Andrej or Yates and one of them must be scum. 

Not a slip. Not the most compelling reasoning. But it's what I got when I had to take a new look at this game after Night 1. So yes they swapped. And here we are. 

Answered here.

Look, I know I'm town. I know I had a bad day 1. I know I'm not ISO'ing people. What I am doing is making a pool of people who I think based on what we know so far are scum. Right now the pool is a kiddie pool and there's just about enough room for you in it.

Like I said I brought up AJ and Yates because I firmly believe one of the three of you are scum. 

One other thing I will mention is BFG usually is more active, and right now I believe she isn't due to time constraints. Whether she's actively avoiding the  thread or is actually busy to me would say something of her alignment. So far though I think she is firmly town. 

We can "thunderdome". I understand for a few reasons why I would be a good lynch. But then I'm not going down without getting as much info as possible so we aren't in this situation again come Day 3. I agree that you may be slow to start, but after yesterday I would expect you to have a lot more going on than making me your firm scum read because I poked you a few times now, whereas before (earlier in Day 2) you seemed more undecided. 

am on page 43  had this ready to p[ost on but have to go to work. will come back to this

Townies

Verb

Dice

Wow. You have Dice as BLUE?

You don't?

And if not - why not?

I'm not saying he's scum but he has all of a dozen posts. Just wondering what you are seeing that I'm not...

I am seeing his usual play quite clearly in many of them.

<snip>

I think the best way to describe it is usually when you're mafia in a game with Verbal you're going to have a bad time. He tends to be somewhat aggressive and tenacious when he has scum reads and really does a lot to help town out in terms of calling people out on things and pushing people to test their responses.

I don't really see any of that this game. I don't think it's a time issue either. Like I said I do believe that he things Leelou is town, and that is helpful in that I would trust his read of her above others. That being said I think he would say that as town or scum (and not be lying unless she was a scum teammate which I highly doubt this game). Verbal seems off based on other games and his lack of drive to pursue scummy posts or shady gameplay feels telling to me. He's usually as aggressive about it as Turin and Yates and AJ instead have had much more vocal and opinionated roles thus far this game.

So with that I'm going to [v] Verbal [/v] Do not think we have a town Verbal this game unless he has changed his playstyle recently.

But what's made you change your mind? You're using the same posts that gave you a strong town read on Verb Day 1 to call him mafia Day 2...

I gave it more thought now and realized he should definitely be in my POE pool. Of those in my POE pool, and looking back on the game so far including what we've had so far today on Day 2, I think he stands out as being the most off to me. 

Honestly the conclusion on N1 really threw off a lot of my Day 1 reads. Suddenly barring the tinfoil scenario, Talmanes looks really good, Hallia flipped town, and Rhea was off the table. Zander lone-wolf'ed it so we don't have much to go on from him and in a lot of ways we are in worse shape than we were. So in reassessing things, I think Verbal is a strong scum candidate this game. AJ, Yates, BFG, Talmanes, and Ley are all pretty firmly town for me right now. Dice has been here very sparsely, but when he has it's hard to argue his posts have been anything but quite town-sounding (Dice best wishes for your father by the way, sorry to hear that). Leelou is more town than not to me right now based on how she's reacted to posts and gotten into discussions she would have avoided as mafia IMO. So today that leaves me with Verbal. I'm undecided about AJ to some extent but his posts have been genuine and helpful to the game IMO and he's been pretty consistent (albeit I haven't looked so closely at voting patterns as Verbal is pointing out there may be some discrepancies there).

I don't really understand what you're saying here. You just called the remaining game except Verb town, or townie, unless you're saying that AJ is your number 2?

@Yates can you explain why you were characterising Talmanes as an activity lynch?

I was going to go ISO and just give you the number of posts. I was surprised, frankly, at how many posts he actually had given I couldn't remember a damn thing he had done or post he had made all game. *shrug* LOL me?

But it's about what people are saying about him, not just what he's saying himself? Talmanes was a pretty big talking point Day 1 due to his failed Day 1 RTE vote. Rhea's reason was left unexplained, but Dice and RTE both voted him for moving to consolidate early Day 1.

Well then the quickest way to resolve this and move forward with the game is to get my lynch and keep going.

[unvote] [v] RTE [/v]

:dry:

How does a fast lynch add to the information you're pushing for?

That self vote makes me want to hammer so bad, but I have some Yates and Ley reading to do.  Not sure how far AtE would go here considering he put himself at L-1.

Why Yates/Ley when you have RTE/AJ/me in your POE?

@Verb - My gut tells mW he is bluffing, and hoping that by voting himself he will get people to think twice before voting him. At the same time we are getting a lot of good discussion right now and I'm not keen to end that so much sooner than we have to.

The DL will be while I'm at work tomorrow, and I don't know how much I'll be able to post tonight, as I have RL to tend to, so I'm keeping my vote where it is, but I think we should wait before hammering to continue discussion. I want RTE lynched today, but not by sacrificing over 24 hours of Day discussion.

Every time I think I understand you...

What's different between now and moving to consolidate on RTE Day 1???

Archived