DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[unvote]

Thanks Rhea, I feel better about you now.

:happy:

Now, back to RTE. It seems he was content to fade into the background.

Come back?

My very exciting reads list:

Town to Scum lean:

Verbal

BFG

Ley

Zander

Yates

Andrej

Rhea

Dice

Leelou

Hallia

Talmanes

My names in Orange:

The whole thing about the spiderman memes and derailing the thread was in my opinion a very stupid and useless discussion. Seriously. So bad that I am pretty certain one of them is mafia. If not they should all be embarrassed for letting such a dumb and trivial discussion last so long. One of them should be scum. I totally agree with Ley's recent post telling them to drop it and move on. Most unhelpful thing by far during Day 1 (the memes were much better than the stupid never-ending argument that emerged afterwards).

I'm still not satisfied Hallia is town and am going scum lean on her. Yates or Andrej pointed out in one of their recent multi-posts that some the statements she is making don't add up and in addition to what I felt previously about her saying Leelou was town so early on have me irked. I need more time to get a better picture of her but right now she is in my bottom two.

Lastly is Talmanes. Talmanes not voting for his number one scum pick QUITE early day 1 really stands out to me, as how he changed following people asking him questions on it. It was far too early to be worried about consolidating, no matter what type of hammer. His reasoning and attempt to recover strike me as scummy and he is where my vote is going. [v] Talmanes [/v]

So, @Zander: Why is your vote still on me?

cause i didnt want you to feel lonely??? lololololol

seriously though [v] unvote [/v]

[unvote]

I have just had time to skim the thread to search for votes. If anyone notice anything wrong or have any questions for me, just let me know.

VC

RTE (2) - AJ, Leelou

Zander (1) - Talmanes

Talmanes (2) - Dice, RTE

Not voting: Verb, Ley, Rhea, Yates, Hallia, Zander, BFG

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Countdown

Deadline is in 6 hours and 36 minutes.

alright: still some time left:

PoE-

Rhea- Ive touched on this i find her read list especially weird with the BFG read and "explanation/justification"

RTE- ive touched on this though tbf i havent hated his posts since

Yates- *le sigh* Yates i love but i think hes been overly defensive this game at least imo. i think his reaction to MY prod was off as Yates knows how i carry on with jokes and such. but with that said he has made solid points but my gut wont clear him. not a d1 lynch anyways.

[v] Rhea [/v]

lets get this party started!!!

[unvote]

Could vote Rhea or Talmanes.

[unvote]

I'm back and forth on Talmanes myself. I thought our exchange and his one with Leelou early on were okay. The biggest point against was his flip flop in attitude for voting Zander and then attempting to consolidate only just to stay on Zander to prove a point when his vote wasn't counted. I don't remember much else from him beyond that.

I could vote Rhea in this situation. Not much effort from her yet, though she said she's full time work/school, so I don't wanna fault her too much. Her reads list don't really add up and if she were a new player I might be more lenient on the reason she gave for having players like BFG/Verb up so high but since she isn't I think she would understand there's a difference between town reading someone for their content and town reading someone because "they haven't done anything to not be" or however she said it.

Zander is another I could probably vote. Don't feel particularly awesome about him at this point and I think Ley pointing out his parked vote was a good catch. I don't like his response to it at all - gives zero justification and just tries to play it off like it was a joke or something.

Oh, yeah, and I still don't have any idea who I want to vote. I'm thinking about just not voting, but I'm not sure.

That said, this isn't a helpful attitude. While we don't 'need' majority to get a lynch, I would still prefer everyone being on record at the EOD.

That's indeed my problem with it too. I think I'm going to [v]Zander[/v] because of his "response".

RHEA does not have time to expound on anything right now. Look guys...I'm playing crappy so far this game and I apologize. I get that but please understand I'm quite stretched IRL this week and I thought "Hey this is going to be an "easy" game". I should know better! LOL Anyway, I hoped that I would be able to keep up better, but that hasn't been the case so far. I'm trying but I'm rushing through every post and I'm just not making myself look very good. If you want me replaced please ask, otherwise bear with me!

Right now I do not have time to ISO. You all want specifics for my reads but I'm sorry you aren't going to get them before the deadline. I worked late yesterday, I had a dinner meeting after work (including booze!). Then I had to do homework until very late which wasn't good after drinking. I am back at work now and until I have time to look at this over this weekend I won't be able to spend the time I need to read and make my thoughts clear. If you've played with me before you should know that I mostly play by my gut and as I've said many times I hate WoT. I don't do a lot of quoting.

I'm typing super fast because I only have like 5 min to get this in. So...

[v]Talmanes[/v]

I'm not going to explain much because I don't have time, but this is the only chance I'm going to have to vote before the deadline. There are two trains, I think Tal is the scummier of the two based on what I have been able to read and what others have said.

Pick it apart all you like. It is what it is. I will be back on tomorrow. My life is insane.

Rhea out!

[v] Rhea [/v]

Could go her or RTE

[v]Zander[/v]

Gonna go with my gut here.

I got pulled from my football camp because someone called out for LegoLand, so now I'm on a field trip and probably won't be able to check in again until I'm off work tonight.

[v]Zander[/v] - he hasn't been answering questions seriously and there was something about his vote on Ley that didn't sit well.

VC

Zander (4) - Talmanes, Ley, AJ, Leelou

Talmanes (3) - Dice, RTE, Rhea

Rhea (2) - Zander, Hallia

Not voting: Verb, Yates, BFG

Countdown

YOLO

[v]Zander[/v]

VC

Zander (5) - Talmanes, Ley, AJ, Leelou, Verbal

Not voting: Yates, BFG

Countdown

Screw it. I'm going with my gut.

[v]AJ[/v]

[v]Rhea[/v]

I don't even feel great about it. But I'd feel less bad being wrong about her than being wrong about Zander.

Not that it means anything at this point

[v]Zander[/v]

[v] Zander [/v]

[unvote]

[v]Talmame[/v]

Scratch that [unvote]

I don't believe you

[unvote]

[v]Rhea[/v]

Final VC Day 1

Zander (7) - Talmanes, Ley, AJ, Leelou, Verbal, BFG, Hally

Rhea (21) - Zander, Hallia

AJ (1) - Yates

Not voting:

Hallia hammered Zander, no votes after that will count.

Zander has been lynched.

This is really strange. Considering that we lynched mafia Day 1, there aren't many people that I feel confident clearing. Nobody really drove the lynch through. Up until Leelou's vote the conversation was pretty much centred on Talmanes/Rhea, (Talmanes, Ley and AJ votes all felt unobtrusive) so I can't give those early votes as much credit as I want to, since it seemed extremely likely at that point that either Talmanes or Rhea would be lynched. Yet there weren't any real pushes on either of the other trains except at the very end when Yates fail voted Rhea. And even the timing of that was 'off' to save Zander if that was the intention.

I feel happy with Dice and Leelou as town. AJ and Talmanes are likely town. Ley and Verb were both fairly important momentum votes on Zander. I guess my focus for now will be Yates/RTE, yet both have felt town at some points.

A couple of things that stand out...

@RTE can you explain your current read on Verb?

@Yates can you explain why you were characterising Talmanes as an activity lynch?

I think the best way to describe it is usually when you're mafia in a game with Verbal you're going to have a bad time. He tends to be somewhat aggressive and tenacious when he has scum reads and really does a lot to help town out in terms of calling people out on things and pushing people to test their responses.

I don't really see any of that this game. I don't think it's a time issue either. Like I said I do believe that he things Leelou is town, and that is helpful in that I would trust his read of her above others. That being said I think he would say that as town or scum (and not be lying unless she was a scum teammate which I highly doubt this game). Verbal seems off based on other games and his lack of drive to pursue scummy posts or shady gameplay feels telling to me. He's usually as aggressive about it as Turin and Yates and AJ instead have had much more vocal and opinionated roles thus far this game. 

So with that I'm going to [v] Verbal [/v] Do not think we have a town Verbal this game unless he has changed his playstyle recently. 

Tinfoil: Talmanes wanted to distance early from his wolfmate Zander, but later flubbed when he tried to switch to RTE and instead was forced to stand there because people were pointing out how weird it was that he was thinking of consolidation at that point.

This is certainly a stretch but not impossible. Talmanes is proving to be a lot more experienced and sound as a player than I expected. I wouldn't rule this out entirely just yet. That being said right now Talmanes is one of my stronger reads after Day 1. We will see how things play out.

Did you read D1?

My original vote pushed Zander into a tie with Talmanes for the lead. I could've easily went RTE/Rhea in that situation

Yes, but you and BFG hopped off with the Cop claim.  Your vote was the early one (3rd), so that is a decent place for a bus vote.  You did tie them up instead of going elsewhere, which would have been easy for you to do, so that does earn you some town points.  But I'm not ruling out a bus, either.  The late move off doesn't look as good.  No Cop claims with literal minutes left in a long D1.  So you and BFG move down simply for that.

I think he hasn't done much to solve this game. Now I'm not saying I've made any outstanding contributions myself but Verbal is usually somewhat of a town leader. He has a strong opinion, he takes his leads very seriously, and will pursue scum to the grave. Haven't seen any of that this game yet. I know I'll get flack for this but if he isn't lynched today and is around Day 3 that says a lot. That says either scum doesn't think he's been valuable enough to this game to kill (really rare for Verbal) or to me it says something else is up.

I think a town Verbal would be trying harder. Frankly that is most of it. 

Town to Scum lean:

Verbal

BFG

Ley

Zander

Yates

Andrej

Rhea

Dice

Leelou

Hallia

Talmanes

My names in Orange:

The whole thing about the spiderman memes and derailing the thread was in my opinion a very stupid and useless discussion. Seriously. So bad that I am pretty certain one of them is mafia. If not they should all be embarrassed for letting such a dumb and trivial discussion last so long. One of them should be scum. I totally agree with Ley's recent post telling them to drop it and move on. Most unhelpful thing by far during Day 1 (the memes were much better than the stupid never-ending argument that emerged afterwards). 

I'm still not satisfied Hallia is town and am going scum lean on her. Yates or Andrej pointed out in one of their recent multi-posts that some the statements she is making don't add up and in addition to what I felt previously about her saying Leelou was town so early on have me irked. I need more time to get a better picture of her but right now she is in my bottom two.

Lastly is Talmanes. Talmanes not voting for his number one scum pick QUITE early day 1 really stands out to me, as how he changed following people asking him questions on it. It was far too early to be worried about consolidating, no matter what type of hammer. His reasoning and attempt to recover strike me as scummy and he is where my vote is going. [v] Talmanes [/v]

[unvote]

Thanks Rhea, I feel better about you now.

:happy:

Now, back to RTE. It seems he was content to fade into the background.

Come back?

Town to Scum lean:

Verbal

BFG

Ley

Zander

Yates

Andrej

Rhea

Dice

Leelou

Hallia

Talmanes

My names in Orange:

So, @Zander: Why is your vote still on me?

cause i didnt want you to feel lonely??? lololololol

seriously though [v] unvote [/v]

[unvote]

I have just had time to skim the thread to search for votes. If anyone notice anything wrong or have any questions for me, just let me know.

VC

RTE (2) - AJ, Leelou

Zander (1) - Talmanes

Talmanes (2) - Dice, RTE

Not voting: Verb, Ley, Rhea, Yates, Hallia, Zander, BFG

Countdown

Deadline is in 6 hours and 36 minutes.

alright: still some time left:

PoE-

Rhea- Ive touched on this i find her read list especially weird with the BFG read and "explanation/justification"

RTE- ive touched on this though tbf i havent hated his posts since

Yates- *le sigh* Yates i love but i think hes been overly defensive this game at least imo. i think his reaction to MY prod was off as Yates knows how i carry on with jokes and such. but with that said he has made solid points but my gut wont clear him. not a d1 lynch anyways.

[v] Rhea [/v]

lets get this party started!!!

[unvote]

Could vote Rhea or Talmanes.

[unvote]

I'm back and forth on Talmanes myself. I thought our exchange and his one with Leelou early on were okay. The biggest point against was his flip flop in attitude for voting Zander and then attempting to consolidate only just to stay on Zander to prove a point when his vote wasn't counted. I don't remember much else from him beyond that.

I could vote Rhea in this situation. Not much effort from her yet, though she said she's full time work/school, so I don't wanna fault her too much. Her reads list don't really add up and if she were a new player I might be more lenient on the reason she gave for having players like BFG/Verb up so high but since she isn't I think she would understand there's a difference between town reading someone for their content and town reading someone because "they haven't done anything to not be" or however she said it.

Zander is another I could probably vote. Don't feel particularly awesome about him at this point and I think Ley pointing out his parked vote was a good catch. I don't like his response to it at all - gives zero justification and just tries to play it off like it was a joke or something.

Oh, yeah, and I still don't have any idea who I want to vote. I'm thinking about just not voting, but I'm not sure.

That said, this isn't a helpful attitude. While we don't 'need' majority to get a lynch, I would still prefer everyone being on record at the EOD.

That's indeed my problem with it too. I think I'm going to [v]Zander[/v] because of his "response".

RHEA does not have time to expound on anything right now. Look guys...I'm playing crappy so far this game and I apologize. I get that but please understand I'm quite stretched IRL this week and I thought "Hey this is going to be an "easy" game". I should know better! LOL Anyway, I hoped that I would be able to keep up better, but that hasn't been the case so far. I'm trying but I'm rushing through every post and I'm just not making myself look very good. If you want me replaced please ask, otherwise bear with me!

Right now I do not have time to ISO. You all want specifics for my reads but I'm sorry you aren't going to get them before the deadline. I worked late yesterday, I had a dinner meeting after work (including booze!). Then I had to do homework until very late which wasn't good after drinking. I am back at work now and until I have time to look at this over this weekend I won't be able to spend the time I need to read and make my thoughts clear. If you've played with me before you should know that I mostly play by my gut and as I've said many times I hate WoT. I don't do a lot of quoting.

I'm typing super fast because I only have like 5 min to get this in. So...

[v]Talmanes[/v]

I'm not going to explain much because I don't have time, but this is the only chance I'm going to have to vote before the deadline. There are two trains, I think Tal is the scummier of the two based on what I have been able to read and what others have said.

Pick it apart all you like. It is what it is. I will be back on tomorrow. My life is insane.

Rhea out!

[v] Rhea [/v]

Could go her or RTE

[v]Zander[/v]

Gonna go with my gut here.

I got pulled from my football camp because someone called out for LegoLand, so now I'm on a field trip and probably won't be able to check in again until I'm off work tonight.

[v]Zander[/v] - he hasn't been answering questions seriously and there was something about his vote on Ley that didn't sit well.

VC

Zander (4) - Talmanes, Ley, AJ, Leelou

Not voting: Verb, Yates, BFG

Countdown

YOLO

[v]Zander[/v]

VC

Zander (5) - Talmanes, Ley, AJ, Leelou, Verbal

Not voting: Yates, BFG

Countdown

Screw it. I'm going with my gut.

[v]AJ[/v]

[v]Rhea[/v]

I don't even feel great about it. But I'd feel less bad being wrong about her than being wrong about Zander.

Not that it means anything at this point

[v]Zander[/v]

[v] Zander [/v]

[unvote]

[v]Talmame[/v]

Scratch that [unvote]

I don't believe you

[unvote]

[v]Rhea[/v]

Final VC Day 1

Zander (7) - Talmanes, Ley, AJ, Leelou, Verbal, BFG, Hally

Rhea (21) - Zander, Hallia

AJ (1) - Yates

Not voting:

Hallia hammered Zander, no votes after that will count.

Zander has been lynched.

This is really strange. Considering that we lynched mafia Day 1, there aren't many people that I feel confident clearing. Nobody really drove the lynch through. Up until Leelou's vote the conversation was pretty much centred on Talmanes/Rhea, (Talmanes, Ley and AJ votes all felt unobtrusive) so I can't give those early votes as much credit as I want to, since it seemed extremely likely at that point that either Talmanes or Rhea would be lynched. Yet there weren't any real pushes on either of the other trains except at the very end when Yates fail voted Rhea. And even the timing of that was 'off' to save Zander if that was the intention.

I feel happy with Dice and Leelou as town. AJ and Talmanes are likely town. Ley and Verb were both fairly important momentum votes on Zander. I guess my focus for now will be Yates/RTE, yet both have felt town at some points.

A couple of things that stand out...

@RTE can you explain your current read on Verb?

@Yates can you explain why you were characterising Talmanes as an activity lynch?

I think the best way to describe it is usually when you're mafia in a game with Verbal you're going to have a bad time. He tends to be somewhat aggressive and tenacious when he has scum reads and really does a lot to help town out in terms of calling people out on things and pushing people to test their responses.

I don't really see any of that this game. I don't think it's a time issue either. Like I said I do believe that he things Leelou is town, and that is helpful in that I would trust his read of her above others. That being said I think he would say that as town or scum (and not be lying unless she was a scum teammate which I highly doubt this game). Verbal seems off based on other games and his lack of drive to pursue scummy posts or shady gameplay feels telling to me. He's usually as aggressive about it as Turin and Yates and AJ instead have had much more vocal and opinionated roles thus far this game. 

So with that I'm going to [v] Verbal [/v] Do not think we have a town Verbal this game unless he has changed his playstyle recently. 

How am I your top town read, and then your #1 for scum? 

I gave it more thought now and realized he should definitely be in my POE pool. Of those in my POE pool, and looking back on the game so far including what we've had so far today on Day 2, I think he stands out as being the most off to me. 

Honestly the conclusion on N1 really threw off a lot of my Day 1 reads. Suddenly barring the tinfoil scenario, Talmanes looks really good, Hallia flipped town, and Rhea was off the table. Zander lone-wolf'ed it so we don't have much to go on from him and in a lot of ways we are in worse shape than we were. So in reassessing things, I think Verbal is a strong scum candidate this game. AJ, Yates, BFG, Talmanes, and Ley are all pretty firmly town for me right now. Dice has been here very sparsely, but when he has it's hard to argue his posts have been anything but quite town-sounding (Dice best wishes for your father by the way, sorry to hear that). Leelou is more town than not to me right now based on how she's reacted to posts and gotten into discussions she would have avoided as mafia IMO. So today that leaves me with Verbal. I'm undecided about AJ to some extent but his posts have been genuine and helpful to the game IMO and he's been pretty consistent (albeit I haven't looked so closely at voting patterns as Verbal is pointing out there may be some discrepancies there). 

@RTE

Aggressive has never been a staple of my game, regardless of alignment.

You're essentially casing me on:

1.  I'm alive D2

2.  I'm not being aggressive

3.  I'm not trying?

Do I have those correct?  I'm not even sure where to start, lol.

You made a bad statement to begin the day, and now you're stuck with it so you decide to come at me.  You'll need better material.  Me being alive D2 is not that weird.  You recall Yates is alive as well, right?  If you look at the last few dozen games, I bet Yates is killed earlier than I am way more often.  And that STILL says nothing.

I don't know what you remember about playing with me way back, but if anything I'm more aggressive now than I ever was.  And I'm pretty sure nobody would link the word "aggressive" to my playstyle.

And then the worst comment of all.  I'm not trying.  If I'm not trying, I'm not noticing the mistake Yates made D1 when he meant to talk about Leelou but instead accidentally contradicted himself.  Or the general effort to read 2-3 players as town.  I had no major scum suspects on D1, which is pretty much par for the course with me.  Zander was in my POE, which was basically anybody not being town read by me.  You are in that same bucket, btw.

Are you going to come up with more than this, or is 'not trying' where you'd like to hang your hat?

Of my POE you are my strongest suspect right now. Do you think the Zander - Yates meme argument extravaganza was faked then? Could they be teammates? Who could you see as a possible teammate for Zander?

I think scum are playing in isolation right now. If you flip town I'd look at Yates and Andrej next but honestly wouldn't be sure where to go from there. Right now looking at who is alive you stand out to me. 

I gave it more thought now and realized he should definitely be in my POE pool. Of those in my POE pool, and looking back on the game so far including what we've had so far today on Day 2, I think he stands out as being the most off to me. 

Honestly the conclusion on N1 really threw off a lot of my Day 1 reads. Suddenly barring the tinfoil scenario, Talmanes looks really good, Hallia flipped town, and Rhea was off the table. Zander lone-wolf'ed it so we don't have much to go on from him and in a lot of ways we are in worse shape than we were. So in reassessing things, I think Verbal is a strong scum candidate this game. AJ, Yates, BFG, Talmanes, and Ley are all pretty firmly town for me right now. Dice has been here very sparsely, but when he has it's hard to argue his posts have been anything but quite town-sounding (Dice best wishes for your father by the way, sorry to hear that). Leelou is more town than not to me right now based on how she's reacted to posts and gotten into discussions she would have avoided as mafia IMO. So today that leaves me with Verbal. I'm undecided about AJ to some extent but his posts have been genuine and helpful to the game IMO and he's been pretty consistent (albeit I haven't looked so closely at voting patterns as Verbal is pointing out there may be some discrepancies there). 

So you literally swapped your #1 town and #1 scum read overnight?

Also, the bold is a contradiction.  If AJ is firmly town, then how are you undecided to some extent?  Why separate that out?  And how do you know he's being "genuine"?

Did you actually just slip twice in the span of one post?

Of my POE you are my strongest suspect right now. Do you think the Zander - Yates meme argument extravaganza was faked then? Could they be teammates? Who could you see as a possible teammate for Zander?

I think scum are playing in isolation right now. If you flip town I'd look at Yates and Andrej next but honestly wouldn't be sure where to go from there. Right now looking at who is alive you stand out to me. 

But you need to explain why without saying things like "you're still alive" or "you're not trying".  I can explain my thought process behind anything I've done in this game, but I can't even begin to defend what you're throwing at me, which makes it both a lazy and weak case.

The thing is if you're town then that makes me question what I'm feeling about Andrej and Yates based on their posting. I feel the way they have interacted with others this game and put themselves out there is indicative of their town. If you consider risky exchanges or discussions, I think they have been a part of them and they wouldn't have done so as town (at least not to that extent).

So yea right now they feel firmly town. If I'm wrong about you I feel I need to be wrong about either Andrej or Yates and one of them must be scum. 

Not a slip. Not the most compelling reasoning. But it's what I got when I had to take a new look at this game after Night 1. So yes they swapped. And here we are. 

What makes you think scum are playing in isolation?  How are you arriving at this conclusion?

Can you tie anyone at all to Zander? If anything scum must be avoiding each other in a somewhat subtle way. The fact that he posted as much as he did and we have nothing says a lot to me.

Do I think Yates is a teammate with Zander?  I dont' know yet.  I lean towards no, though.  Yates is pretty close to a green for me.

Possible teammate, then?  Maybe AJ for the early vote and then quick jump off (albeit too late).  Maybe you for not being on the train and being on a train that I thought was a townie and that you now also thing is a townie (which makes no sense how you swap like that).  Maybe BFG for the same reason as AJ.  She was a late vote and quick jump off.

Any other questions?

But you need to explain why without saying things like "you're still alive" or "you're not trying".  I can explain my thought process behind anything I've done in this game, but I can't even begin to defend what you're throwing at me, which makes it both a lazy and weak case.

Frankly I feel when you find a scum lead you tunnel on them. Hard. And you're pretty good at this game so let's say you do pretty well on that most of the time. Who have you pursued this game as a strong scum lead? Because you've done that in all the games I remember we have been in. 

@Verb - generally I would agree the late claim wasn't good but we're talking about Zander here. Also, the character.

What do you mean by this?  If you recall, that kind of talk is what I was questioning Zander on D1 and he never responded.....probably because he didn't have a good answer.

The thing is if you're town then that makes me question what I'm feeling about Andrej and Yates based on their posting. I feel the way they have interacted with others this game and put themselves out there is indicative of their town. If you consider risky exchanges or discussions, I think they have been a part of them and they wouldn't have done so as town (at least not to that extent).

So yea right now they feel firmly town. If I'm wrong about you I feel I need to be wrong about either Andrej or Yates and one of them must be scum. 

Not a slip. Not the most compelling reasoning. But it's what I got when I had to take a new look at this game after Night 1. So yes they swapped. And here we are. 

I don't follow any of this.  How does your read on me now get linked to your read on two other players?

Frankly I feel when you find a scum lead you tunnel on them. Hard. And you're pretty good at this game so let's say you do pretty well on that most of the time. Who have you pursued this game as a strong scum lead? Because you've done that in all the games I remember we have been in. 

Ok, but have I done that on Day 1 in those games?  No, I'm usually trying to find some townies I can trust on D1, and then use the lynch, wagonomics, and NK flips to reassess where I'm at and look for scum more openly on Day 2.  This is nothing new for me, like...ever.

Archived