DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tarmon Gai´don Mafia Part 1 - Tel´aran´rhiod

Niniel

I agree that I don't think you were derailing anything at the time,

THANK YOU...

Christmas on a cracker...

...but I don't understand the thought process behind derailing a Spidery thread by posting Spidey pics??? And I think this last is one of the points AJ is saying/asking?

The thought process went like this...

"Oh great, Here we go with the spiderman stuff again."

"You know what would be funny? Stealing his punchlines. Then he can't use them."

*Proceeds to post SIX spiderman pics in a span of 10 minutes because they were funny*

That's my entire thought process. And the fact that I *wasn't* derailing the thread with them and was QUITE CLEARLY just having a laugh at Verb's [kind of] expense is why I wondered how that would ever show up in a "scum case" on me. Like, it was so obviously just lulz that it looked as made up as RTE's reads list.

I agree that I don't think you were derailing anything at the time,

THANK YOU...

Christmas on a cracker...

...but I don't understand the thought process behind derailing a Spidery thread by posting Spidey pics??? And I think this last is one of the points AJ is saying/asking?

The thought process went like this...

"Oh great, Here we go with the spiderman stuff again."

"You know what would be funny? Stealing his punchlines. Then he can't use them."

*Proceeds to post SIX spiderman pics in a span of 10 minutes because they were funny*

That's my entire thought process. And the fact that I *wasn't* derailing the thread with them and was QUITE CLEARLY just having a laugh at Verb's [kind of] expense is why I wondered how that would ever show up in a "scum case" on me. Like, it was so obviously just lulz that it looked as made up as RTE's reads list.

would you say that this topic is??

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

isnt every post technically talking to the crowd?  please touch on this Yates.

Nope. In this post you were talking TO ME. You quoted me then you asked me a question. Now I'm talking to you in response to your question. Like a conversation. This is something I told either you or Seph a while ago. When people start telling a story/spinning a narrative in the thread? That's WAY more likely to come from scum. The reason being; in a conversation? You are trying to draw out information. When telling a story? You've already come to or fabricated a conclusion and now you are just laying it out to be read. See the difference?

No - it's not.

If it wasn't important then I don't understand why you brought it up in the first place. It looked to me - and apparently BFG - like you accused me of derailing the thread. So yes. It was important TO ME that I prove that I didn't derail the thread. Then I put the onus ON YOU to prove that I did.

AJ - Do you think Rhea and Yates could be teammates?

Could be. Not sold on scum!Yates yet tbh, but I do think him attacking on her behalf doesn't look that great.

noted

Noted? Please quote my "attack."

I've played with Hallia in many games and there is a difference. She would make a terrible poker player. (Love ya Mentee!)

I think you [and Verb] are GROSSLY underestimating Hally's scum game. To an insulting degree.

isnt every post technically talking to the crowd?  please touch on this Yates.

Nope. In this post you were talking TO ME. You quoted me then you asked me a question. Now I'm talking to you in response to your question. Like a conversation. This is something I told either you or Seph a while ago. When people start telling a story/spinning a narrative in the thread? That's WAY more likely to come from scum. The reason being; in a conversation? You are trying to draw out information. When telling a story? You've already come to or fabricated a conclusion and now you are just laying it out to be read. See the difference?

i just meant that everyone reads it regardless but i kinda see your point

AJ - Do you think Rhea and Yates could be teammates?

Could be. Not sold on scum!Yates yet tbh, but I do think him attacking on her behalf doesn't look that great.

noted

Noted? Please quote my "attack."

sorry i wasnt clear..

Show me where I said that you interrupted scum hunting.

Okay.

Thanks! Thought it was smart!

Same question I asked earlier though; what actual game play did I derail during that 30 minutes or whatever when I was playing all by myself? The answer is none, but I can wait for you to come to that conclusion on your own.

Leelou/Talmanes interaction, for one. I can post the sequence if you like - I just went back to review it myself. It was longer than 30 minutes as well. The initial spam fest was short, but later, you returned to it a few times when the thread had moved on.

^^^THIS is why I [and apparently BFG] thought you were saying that those six posts derailed game play. It's because when I ASKED YOU if I derailed game play you claimed I interrupted game play between Leelou/Talmanes "for one." I looked. I didn't impede that interaction in any way. So I asked you to prove it so I could see what you saw. Then you didn't. Then you changed your narrative to "well posting spidey pics to stop Verb from posting spidey pics is dumb." Which is not the same thing as what you were arguing.

To clarify - I wasn't saying you were trying to derail the thread. I'm saying your attempt to stop the Spidey memes doesn't jive with posting more of them.

1. That was not at all obvious or clear

and

2. I disagree. We got all of the spidey out during RVS. And without cluttering the game. And I did it in 6 posts. I think Verb did it in 3... maybe 4...??

If I had BFG at the top then I would understand. I think a big deal is being made out of nothing. 

Top of the list is town

Middle is Null

Bottom is scum. 

Does that help clarify?

LOL - But you had BFG 2nd? Isn't that technically "the top?" And the question is; how could you have someone who hadn't posted in your #2 spot???

I've played with Hallia in many games and there is a difference. She would make a terrible poker player. (Love ya Mentee!)

Must've missed the one earlier as well. Retracts my thought earlier that Rhea could be new and that's why she didn't differiante between null and "done nothing to not think they're town"

@Yates - && ftr I was responding to Ley in my "narrative" post. He said he couldn't tell what color I made you so I was clarifying that you were brick red but that I still wanted time to gauge you and that RTE was still a bigger concern and why.

Okay. Misunderstanding then.

I was saying that there had been things going on in thread you could've touched on but didn't. Instead your follow up was more spam.

ALL THREE content posts that happened between my Batman post before I left for my meeting and my "they are dead" post when I left for the day:

Talmanes, where art thou?

Haha I'm here, just been mostly following along when I can while at work. Usually for Mafia I only post if I have something relevant to say. Day 1 usually doesn't have too much, and right now especially lol. I'll check in tonight if I have any thoughts.

Talmanes, where art thou?

Haha I'm here, just been mostly following along when I can while at work. Usually for Mafia I only post if I have something relevant to say. Day 1 usually doesn't have too much, and right now especially lol. I'll check in tonight if I have any thoughts.

So you are giving yourself an out to lurk. Got it.

Not really. I've been actively posting elsewhere when I had the chance. I just don't have much to contribute at the moment. I don't usually do much D1 joke voting and such. Well unless Ed is playing lol.

Once the game gets going there is usually a lot to read through and quote and what not which is hard on a phone, so I keep up to date when I don't have time for a good post, and then make relevant posts when I do have time.

Which of these should I have commented on before leaving for the day, AJ?

- The one where Talmanes says "hi I'm here with nothing to say because I don't day 1?"

- Or the one where Leelou already busted his stones for saying it?

- Or the one where Talmanes promises to make "relevant posts" when he has time?

Which of these DID YOU comment on, AJ?

Most of them, actually. Jump to the next page where I return for the evening.

Well in that case, look at the bottom of page 8? I mean... I followed up when I had to. But that wasn't 20 minutes before I needed to be out the door stuff. That was stuff he could have very well addressed without my prodding while I was afk so I'd have it to look at in the morning. When no one had followed up on it? Then it was a "me" problem.

Most of them, actually. Jump to the next page where I return for the evening.

LOL - wait. No you didn't. Not to even ONE of them! The posts in question were posted between 1:40pm and 1:48pm.

- You asked Leelou why she was specifically asking about Talmanes in her 11:15am post

- Then you asked about stuff that was happening while you were there like Talmanes 10:48pm post that you commented on at 11:05pm.

- You went back to your RTE vote, made a posts list, and checked out.

You did NOT address any of those posts because they weren't WORTH ADDRESSING.

Congrats?

If you have a point to make then make it, otherwise this convo isn't going anywhere nor am I going to continue discussing it because I think it's a distraction at this point.

If you think I am scum then nut up and vote me otherwise move on imo.

If you think I am scum then nut up and vote me otherwise move on imo.

That's what I'm trying to determine.

As to my point? Why do you keep changing your narrative with me? [i'm going to paraphrase here]

1. You said you didn't like me derailing the thread. I respond by showing you that I didn't derail the thread.

2. You said "no that's not what I meant - I meant I didn't like you using spiderman to prevent spiderman." I respond by showing you why I did it and that it was ACTUALLY both reasonable and effective.

3. You said "no that's not what I meant either - I meant you could have been responding to all the game related stuff going on in the thread instead of posting spam." I respond by showing you that the game related stuff was all of THREE posts that didn't actually require any response from me because they were part of LEELOU'S scum hunting efforts - but that I *DID* follow up on something later and posted the link.

3b. And I challenged the logic of this by asking which of those you had responded to and you said all of them. So I looked and lo and behold, as I had expected and stated, you had responded to NONE of them. Which illustrates that I was right in assuming that there actually was NOT content for me to respond to - as you had alleged - AND that you had lied/misrepresented yourself in how YOU claim to have handled that content.

Am I missing something here???

Dude - did you not understand what I just said?

Are you intentionally trying to perpetuate this argument?

The crux of it boils down to this: I said you can't claim to have stopped the Spidey spam by doing it yourself. I said the concept was dumb and that you shouldn't act like you were doing us some favor. The only change you are seeing has come from you persistently bringing up more crap on the topic.

Did I say you were scummy for it? No. Did I say you trying to derail the thread? No.

I said the tactic was bogus so don't act like you were doing something positive when in the end you were the one to continue with it.

Case in point.

Let's just STOP any and all spiderman discussion, because nothing is going to get out of it. Wheter it's town/town or town/scum, NO ONE is going to have trouble continuing this argument, which means you're not going to get anything from it.

Archived