DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Book Tor Should Have Made ;)

sffnews

• 2 weeks later...

I mean the design is slightly different on what your showing, but if anything the one they did in fact make is more intricate. Not saying yours isn't one you had made, just that they did release the same concept already, and the concept itself is nothing new.

It specifically says it is leather bound. There's even a picture that shows it's the same. I bought it when it came out years ago and am not seeing a difference.

I mean the design is slightly different on what your showing, but if anything the one they did in fact make is more intricate. Not saying yours isn't one you had made, just that they did release the same concept already, and the concept itself is nothing new.

You say you bought the Orbit Limited edition? Have you ever taken it out of the shrink warp? Because I can assure you it is not leather bound(the Dragonmount article is wrong). As for it being more intricate...if you consider more lettering on the spine more intricate than I guess it is...

Oh and the Orbit edition is what gave me the idea. I just made it better...obviously not everyone will agree ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I really do wish they would release Wheel of Time in leather bindings, and for a mass market not just hyper expensive collectors only editions that no one would ever read. If they included the illustrations it would be a real bonus.

TOR and Library of America should team up for the first 3-6 books. Oh my god! The books would be so beautiful ...

The Library of America, a nonprofit publisher, is dedicated to publishing, and keeping in print, authoritative editions of America's best and most significant writing.

LoA is seeking now new grounds (scifi, fantasy), and while Jordan is not a Faulkner, he and his books deserve an admirable edition.

I think we should start a petition.

Archived