DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

RTE (5): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine, Lessa
Dice (5): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos
No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE HAS PASSED!  PLEASE DO NOT POST!!!

I swear I saw Potter and that Granger girl head down this hallway, he thought.  They told us it was off limits, but I am going to find out what they're up to.

He heard voices ahead, and a deep, terrifying growl.  

Maybe following them isn't such a great idea.  As he rounded the corner into the room from which he'd heard the voices, Draco Malfoy was faced with a massive and furious three-headed dog.

Dice - Draco Malfoy, mafia goon - has been lynched by virtue of random.org tiebreaker.

==========

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1

NO POSTING IS ALLOWED DURING NIGHT PHASE.

Night deadline is 9:00 PM MST / 12 Midnight Eastern Daylight Time

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150729T21&p0=197&msg=Night+One+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

Albus Dumbledore was hearing things.  This wasn't unusual, mind you.  Having a poltergeist in Hogwarts Castle meant that the students and staff were regularly subjected to randomly thrown objects and loud noises, among other manifestations.  The specific sounds coming from one of the classrooms at three in the morning, however, seemed to contain less mischief and more... terror, if such an emotion could be attributed to a spirit.  Dumbledore hurried down the hallway as the sounds abruptly changed from a frantic pounding and crashing of desks to a series of small, weak thumps on the classroom door.   

thumpthumpthump... KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. thumpthumpthump.

Was that morse code?  Dumbledore placed his hand on the latch of the classroom door.  Defense Against the Dark Arts, he thought.  The handle was ice cold.

He created a globe of light as the door swung open, and could faintly see the ragged letters on the back, written in what appeared to be blood.  "HELP ME," it said.

Peeves the poltergeist was gone.

Cairos - Peeves the poltergeist, Vanilla Town - has been killed.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Not voting (11): Clov, Razen, Laine, Taborline, Hallia, RTE, BFG, Rhea, Sooh, Kronos, Lessa

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

Mod note: Let me know if this is terribly inconvenient for most of you - it can be changed to 12 hours later (Saturday at noon EDT) if the majority prefer.

First of all, good job on the lynch.  I've gone through Dice's ISO, and I really don't get much from him towards other people's alignment.  He did make a couple posts towards Laine that I'm not sure what to make of.  

yits not like his tone was bad....like a certain persons.....

:rolleyes:    :wink:

This was directed towards me and was talking about Cairos.  After I asked him for some clarification on the back half, he said that it was a dig on Laine based on Darthe's game that just ended.

I am tired of laine beating up on me in all these mafia games :( 

play/mod better then  lol

:dry: [v]Dice[/v]

revenge vote?

After he made this, she responded and asked if he had a problem with it.  He just said "not really" and moved on.  

Neither of these are huge issues, but both were incredibly early on.  Afterwards he said that he didn't have any issue with her tone this game and explained that's why he didn't care about her vote.  He mentioned her having good tone and was townreading her for it the rest of the game, though he made a comment about (presumably jokingly) lynching her in one of his multiquote posts

I'm totes gonna make everything a huge deal. I'm going to overreact to everything, BFG is going to nitpick, Sooh is going to be helpful, and Clov is gonna be Clov. At some point in the game Razen and/or Dice will try to lynch me after Clov creates a case on me out of nothing and I judge him harshly.

Oh wait, Hallia's in this game? If Hallia gets too friendly, she's probably scum.

Right now her joke:serious ratio is good.

I can vote you now and beat the rush if you really want me too....

Chopped for size.

That's more than one occasion he made a small, light-hearted push in her direction.  I can't imagine any of them would actually get negative attention on her, so I'm not sure why he would do that if he was trying to paint her as town.  It comes off looking like he a weak distancing attempt to me, though.

This is where I'm at with other people based on their interactions with/about HIM:

BFG is always town here.  This should be pretty obvious, but that's all there is to it.  The only way she would ever be mafia here is if they had some huge thing between them IRL and refused to work together, or he absolutely could not play and offered himself up because of that (basically impossible, given that mafia can't communicate during day).

My highlights are in purple.

@Dice

You asked RTE to answer questions, you hadn't asked any. It's a minor discrepency in your post; as is forgetting Laine at the bottom. I even said they were minor at the time.

I'm not trying to tell a narrative? I'm saying it sounds like you are.

You literally say in your original post

"Really bad post. Was thinking of voting then realised she is new so decided to let it go esp as people all jumped on it"

and just said

"I dont care if she has votes. If I wanna vote her I will vote her. Thats it. What i want is an ANSWER from her. Is she or is she not a newbie? the answer decides how i read her."

Which is precisely why I have a problem. If Town!you wants to vote, you'll vote so why should other peoples voing even enter your head here?

If you didn't vote because you wanted her to answer whether or not she had experience then why add the bit about people already voting? The fact that you did means that you're aware of the fact that people voted her and are possibly(?) wary of joing the train.

You're working to justify a potential vote, which is something I've seen you do more as mafia than town.

first time you were concerned was when you didn't vote Cairos because Clov already was, important No. Indicative of a way of thinking, maybe.

You're also being closed now; you have town reads/leans, but reading through your ISO I have no idea who; if I had to guess I'd say Laine and Cairos.

No Vote is absolutely a bad idea. Currently we're at 10v3, assuming a lynch and NK every day that gives us 4 mislynches before losing. Numerically we still get 4 mislynches if we No lynch today, BUT we end on mylo instead of lylo and that's generally worse for town. It also means we start tomorrow in a similar position to today and people are saying that they're finding it hard to post without much info.

[v]Dice[/v]

A lot of people finding Dice odd, but unwilling to vote

Just saying   :wink:

RTE - make your case on Rhea/Lessa again...

I have more reason to think you're town, but they're both null for me.

Razen is always town here.  Timing is everything here.  RTE had been sitting comfortable at 4 votes for a while, and the only person voting Dice was BFG until Sooh came along at 11:35.  Razen had previously mentioned Dice as one of his candidates but wasn't in the thread for almost an hour before Sooh's vote.  He had all the opportunity in the world to just stay out of the thread and let RTE take the lynch.  He instead ties the vote at 4-4 with 19 minutes to go.  

I can't imagine Cairos being mafia here.  The tone of his vote and the preceeding post (spoilered) keeps me from considering him mechanically cleared, but his vote completely eliminated the chance of RTE being lynched (at the time, anyway).  I also don't know that a "newer" player would necessarily bus his teammate D1.  

I know from my time in playing actual mafia in person, to throw off the town they would vote for somebody that's mafia right. It's to get everybody off track. I mean how do you vote. Vote for somebody with the majority vote or no one! Ugh so hard

Well if you guys think Dice is mafia I'll help. It was my gut feeling that dice was mafia.

[v]Dice[/v]

Both of those sound awful to me, but I can't ignore the results.

Strangely enough, the person I feel like I SHOULD be clearing here is RTE, himself, but I just can't do it.  I'll concede that I was likely wrong about him - the fact he was a second large wagon on D1 makes me think he's probably not mafia - but I can't really give him much credit for his vote.  Even if they are teammates, RTE had to vote there because it was the only viable move for preservation.  On top of that, he had this sequence.

Ok, can you explain your 'progression' on Dice and anything you have on Kronos? I don't think I've come remotely close to reading him correctly in any game

Think my progression on Dice has been quite transparent through my posts you so effectively summarised. I am not at a place where I would vote for him but I am wary of him and his decision to go no lynch is quite a poor one. But I find it hard to understand some of Dice's actions. 

Kronos just came in, gave a short summary that he disguised as reads, and then went with an easy vote IMO. Can very easily be scum floating in and out. Although never played a game with no scum day talk so not sure how that works and how to think of people in context of that. 

At this point I am willing to move to a competing train to avoid my lynch but not sure we have one...

Six minutes apart, and he went from being opposed to lynching Dice - the person who was being talked about the most, besides him -  to being able to jump on any wagon....and he didn't even try to get people onto Dice.  He voted twenty minutes later

I'm not sure about Dice but I know I am town... And that No lynch vote...

Unvote. Vote Dice

There's nothing wrong with the underlined mentality at all, so he really didn't have any need to add anything.  If he HAD to put something, I'm not sure that Dice going no lynch is necessarily the most damning thing in the world.  And I can't come up with a reason that mafia!Dice goes no lynch there if he could help push Town!RTE.

The ones I feel the worst about based on their play IRT Dice are Laine, Taborline, Lessa.  

Laine wasn't around for EoD so there's nothing there worth noting.  Really the only thing that stood out to me when I went back and looked were a few posts.

Gonna cut up Dice's post ahead, jump back to see context (spoilered to cut down my wot and avoid confusion) 

Like this. Laine to be clear  are you insinuating Tab is scum or is this a general comment or is this an injoke?  Im reading it as the first

It was a general comment when I responded to Taborline, also to be considered a little snark for your reading pleasure. I noticed it was missing from her speculation because that was one of the first things I thought when I saw that Jagen had subbed out. Hence, why I didn't think Taborline's thought process was that of a town member.

I can vote you now and beat the rush if you really want me too....

No thanks on your vote offer. You should put your vote where your suspicion is. Unless I'm suspicious, then by all means.   :dry:

OOC RL story   my ex boss is named alanna  but she says it as al ANN a.  For nine months i was saying it never getting picked up on the fact I was saying it wrong. Then 3 days before she leaves she blasts me for it! go figure

Haha you probably deserved getting blasted; for the record, my name is pronounced like it's spelled Alaina.

Catching up, through page 20

thought it was kinda null really. Clovs vote didnt have anything that was making it obvious that it was a joke so asking is fair enuff imo. especially coming from someone that is basically a noob

Meh. I'll play nice for now then.   :dry:

This immediate backing down I don't like to see from Laine.  Even for a newer player, or someone she doesn't really know, I have not seen a Laine go easy on someone

*snip*

That being said, based on numbers if I had to guess I would say at most only one of the active posters is scum. Hope this game sorta wakes up soon (although nice not to have missed much).

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.  I don't like this.

Hally, I backed down there because Dice was right, and I'm going to trust his input this game. And I definitely am trying to play nice, or nicer than usual: this is the WT and there are newer players. I don't want to be rude in my SG and I don't want to scare people away. Doesn't mean I'm not going to treat mafia regulars all the same though   :laugh:

I agree on the "EWW" It's the "at most only one" part that bothers me the most. Like, what? Why only one RTE? Activity depends on the player, not on the alignment.

My top three scum suspects at the moment are Rhea, Lessa, and Dice FWIW. While I understand when Clov said voting Taborline wouldn't give Lessa credit, I think it was a lazy scum vote on what she thought was an easy train. She says she didn't see the earlier vote but I think regardless she thought it was a safe time to vote and that's why she did so easily.

Reminder to look back at this.

Also, why Dice? I can see Rhea for popping in and out and for the post you quoted of Clov's, and Lessa for what is red, but Dice? I'm getting a town Dice this game

Top town for me: Dice, Clov, BFG

Bottom three.... Tab, RTE, Rhea?

Everyone else is  mixture of null/townish

The top is about the extent of her interaction with Dice, and I already highlighted what he said towards her.  There's hardly anything between the two of them, and then Laine comes out with Dice being her strongest town read?  I don't understand how she got there at all.

Tabor - 

3.5 hours to deadline

Knowing that I'm Town, this is what I read so far.

Based solely on her confidence, activity and straightforward arguments (I've not felt she's been pushing anything odd, or jumping to anyone's defense), I would venture a sturdy guess that Laine is Town.

I really want to like Kronos for his defense of me, but he could so easily be Scum playing for Town brownie points. As soon as I'm lynched, and you see that I am indeed Town, he can ride in and say "See, I told you!"

BFG has me confused so far, but I'm going to go back and read again.

I don't particularly feel like Dice is building up to a vote, more that he's just trying to get answers and being an offensive player, but we'll see what he says today.

Others, I have no idea.

Half hour to deadline

I really don't know who to vote for. I found Dice to be more defensive when questioned, but I don't know if he's always like that.

She kinda switches her take on Dice.  The top post gives me impression that she was townreading him to some extent, as she seems to have been refuting BFG's case against him.  Based on that, I would expect her to shift the read somewhat if he went from being offensive to defensive, but she doesn't vote.  With the wagons tied 4-4, she doesn't put a vote on the board.

Lessa stands out as the worst because the last minute vote on RTE after unvoting a little bit before.

BFG, you didn't mention Lessa in your reads list. Did you have a read on her?

Null, just ISO'd though and meh, still null.

Think she misunderstood the 'throw in the towel' stuff (or I did   :rolleyes: as I;m pretty sure that that was in relation to why Jagen quit?)

The vote could well be opportunistic, there's an awkward bit with awareness of votes, phrases/assumptions made that don't match the experience I thought she had?

Basically need more info.

For some reason my multiquote and quote buttons aren't working   :sad:
Alanna will forever be AJ to me, mostly because when I started here that was her nickname.

As for the interaction between BFG and AJ, it feels like a normal reaction from 2 townies nitpicking one another but I do think the quoting may have gotten out of hand a bit.

And though it's been stated already, Jagen could have had to drop out for family or medical reasons and it not have to do with anything game related. The fact Taborline immediately went for thinking it was possibly because of Jagen's role is scummy to me. Then by saying that if the role requires being active and that (Sooh) should throw in the towel now as it would be unfair to either team she's on. That adds to the feeling of scummy and it sounds like you're trying to get votes on someone who you see as a rival if you are scum.

So that being said,

Vote Taborline

First bold - does anyone know how much experience Lessa has? I thought she was pretty new, in which case normal reaction of town seems odd. If she's played before disregard this entirely

Second bold - I don't know if it's just awkwardly phrased or not, but I don't understand what she means. If she thinks Tabor is trying to get Sooh to throw in the towel and finds Jagen scummy for it then logically Sooh must be town? But she said whatever Sooh's alignment?

Good morning!

And welcome, Sooh! I hate balloons too, they're the spawn of the Devil.

Why did Jagen leave us? Normally I would wonder if it's not because they had a special role, and therefore Sooh has it too, otherwise why quit so quickly? If you're vanilla town, you could just ride it out, check in from time to time, but if you needed to be active then you might throw in the towel right away knowing it's not fair to whichever team you're on.

This is when the towel throwing was mentioned. I wasn't trying to make her post bigger than they appeared to be, it was just how I saw it.

I don't see how a third vote is oppertunistic of me or how it's beneficial to me either. I had thought there had been one other vote on her when I voted her.

I also didn't add anything new about any one because I didn't have anything new to mention that hadn't been said already.

I'll go over the thread again once I'm done work
It doesn't matter if it's new information, but at the moment there's nothing to show what you think or feel and that makes it impossible to read you. If you agree with somebody say what you agree with, if you disagree with something likewise.

Sorry for the WoT but I don't know the coding for the spoiler button.

Yes I have played here before but it had been a very, very long time.

I phrased that awkwardly and I apologize. I was trying to work out the thought process for someone to say "throwing in the towel". Upon rereading I now see that Taborline didn't mean it how I had thought she did when I first read it.

As for agreeing/disagreeing with things already said, I've never been one to like it. I'm terrible at writing essays for uni because of it as I don't see the point in restating something multiple times in slightly various ways.

I don't like how RTE is jumping to the defense of a few people and then never really going back to it.
Unvote

She could have easily voted to put RTE in the lead there and I probably wouldn't have thought anything of it.  She didn't vote him until one minute before deadline - after Cairos had broke the 4-4 tie and put Dice in the lead.  If she genuinely thought RTE was worth voting, why wait until the absolute last minute?

Archived