DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

A lot of his interactions with Hally this game are very shallow compared to how he's questioned other players. It's something I want to note for later. He never really seems like he's trying to figure her out like he does the other players.

It's the first line that's getting me here. "She's probably not the best lynch TODAY, but I'm not feeling good about Tab at all" Reminder of Prime Mislynch Targets (#PMT) of Alanna, Lessa, Taborline. D2 I kinda lulled on pushing Taborline, it was a slow day, but Clov is actively nudging to see where he can poke holes (like with RTE to Rhea: RTE for his competing wagon/self preservation vote/Dice didn't vote him instead of NL and Rhea for her saying Dice Lessa RTE could all be scum together). He then votes Rhea for that last reason.

My problem with D2 Clov is that he's putting forth the appearance of trying to get other trains going which looks REALLY town and feels townish, but either fails to recognize or he's ignoring the fact that Lessa is going to happen regardless. So my problem is him acting like town but not really achieving anything here. All his nudging accomplished, for me, was more paranoia.

First - My interactions with Hallia are a completely fair point, and I actually like that you made it.  I wish I had a better reply than the fact I can't interact with people who aren't posting or analyze posts that aren't there, but I don't.  She was an exceptionally quiet player for most of the game.  

Second - I don't understand what you don't like about that.  I had already explained why I thought she was a potential partner of Dice, and I didn't feel as strongly about her as I did Lessa.  I was extremely comfortable with Lessa's lynch so I didn't want to actually derail it, but I did want discussion going about other players.  Especially considering the fact that there were more than a couple players that referenced my #WoT but didn't really try to engage me about them.  

It ties into what I said earlier (as does the bottom) - I was fully aware that Lessa going to be lynched by that point, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sit by idly.  Best case scenario, Lessa flips mafia, but what do we have going for us D3?  Worst case scenario, town and mafia park their votes their and there's a mislynch with nobody to look at (see: House of Cards).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taborline and Sooh immediately try to clear RTE and Taborline as BFG's peeks and Clov begins to push the thought that the peeks are too ambiguous to be trusted. I'm thinking now that Tab and Sooh (and Rhea) were right about BFG's "relatively confident" wording to be significant by way of being her peeks. If anyone still believes this to be the case, then I think RTE is clear (look at interactions with BFG/RTE d1 to see) and Clov hinted at her knowing his alignment d1 (quoted/linked above). It's odd that even after his recognition that BFG knows RTE's alignment d1 he has this post, which is inconsistent to that line of thought that RTE was the N0 peek (specifically the last line)

Clovdyx, on 01 Aug 2015 - 5:31 PM, said:snapback.png

If anybody is feeling highly confident about somebody's chances to be peeked, I'm all ears, but I can't make heads or tails out of it. I think there's an argument to be made for just about everybody left in the game, and there's something you can argue that suggests they weren't the peek. I know if I'm the cop and get an innocent viewing of somebody, I'm never saying something like "<whoever> could be in my POE" or "I think <somebody> is a good place to look today", but I'm prepared how BFG would (or would not) put her peeks out there.

There's a finality about this post that feels like he knows he's done enough to discount all peeks. Am I the only one seeing it?

*He hasn't really addressed Hally much this game, as I referenced before. I'm realizing this looking at him questioning Hally about her vote on the Lessa wagon.

Here's where I'm bothered. He votes me for, well, me being stupid this game. But then unvotes me for townspewing because I left Cairos on my POE post HERE I guess it has me confused a little bit. This would bother me more (him clearing me) if he didn't set me up in a trap (yes I'm calling it a trap).

This is BFG leaving a peek from Csarmi's April Fool's game.  (@BFG - I know we agreed to never discuss this game again, but I'm getting kind of fed up having to explain why I'm not writing people off).

Clov can be town :)

Statement.

Clov can be town :)

giphy.gif

:wub:

Not really relevant, I just wanted to share that picture again.

Roughly at this stage at the moment

Clov

Sili

Yates

Zander

Tress

Cass

Dice

Sooh

Reads list.

Clov for obvious reasons

Difficult when the game is so quiet but Sili looks engaged at the moment. His read on me is consistent with his current 'blues'. The early vote and questioning are a good look.

Yates is a weak meta read because I expect him to be more engaged as mafia.

Zanders hedging on Yates was before Clov started the train, not jumping on is probably a good thing. Extremely relaxed, although this is less of a ell than I'd normally consider it to be since he's possibly one of the more relaxed people on DM  :smile:

Cass and Tress are null, since I have nothing to clear them on, BUT both are relaxed so far. Tress probably closer to a light town read than Cass, due to Yates interaction.

Sooh seems self conscious this game, and most of her contributions are 'null' statements (contrast with the Arthur game where she wasn't afraid to vote a claimed mason to kick him into gear) :/

Dice seems uninterested so far. I'd expect him to have an opinion on the Yates train by now if nothing else. But mostly I feel this should be a fun group for Dice and I don't feel he's having fun yet.

Explanations.  Bolded is her justification on me.  

From my POV, there was no ambiguity that she was presenting me as a peek.  Compare that to the statements she made about RTE and Tabor throughout the game.  There's a pretty large difference, and I'm not going to chance taking something as a peek that might not have been.  Taking a quote from Tom's post that was quoted on what not to do:

-Fake peek someone whom you've already called wolfy or implied COULD be a wolf

If you're not suggesting your fake peek might be mafia, you shouldn't be doing it with an actual peek.  I suppose she had to - I think she made some statements that could be considered pushes to basically everyone - but that means we're not going to know.  I would rather play this as a straight vanilla game and rely on threadplay than gamble on an uncertain peek,

This fudging post:

Clovdyx, on 02 Aug 2015 - 7:27 PM, said:snapback.png

Hallia (3): Razen, RTE, Kronos

Rhea (2): Laine, Hallia

Not voting (4): Taborline, Rhea, Sooh, Clovdyx

I think this is the votecount right now. Hallia wagon looked very clean to me with Razen and RTE, not feeling strongly about Kronos either way right now. I thought his posts sounded pretty good earlier, but Razen and Sooh are probably my two strongest reads right now because of the Dice lynch. Rhea train looks worse because the best thing Laine has going for her IMO is that she seemingly didn't know who had been NK'ed, and Hallia's just a huge a question mark for me.

I'll Vote: Taborline for now. If I'm right about Laine, that means Tabor is the only one from my original list of teammates for Dice, unless it was Dice/Hallia/Kronos and he just didn't interact with them because they weren't posting?

Mafia!Hallia is getting run up, the Rhea train isn't going anywhere. Activate Alanna-tunnel. I pretty much know 99% here that if I didn't vote on the Taborline train, I would have been voted for not following through with my read. This post is a blatant attempt to detract from the Hallia lynch.

My mood about this is reflected here and here with the "Clov I hate you" because I know I HAVE to vote on Taborline (Clov would jump on me voting elsewhere regardless of his alignment but town me was trying to get town read by others) and the second post where I vote Taborline (which, reading back, reads as me being annoyed). After that I do case Hallia and decide she would make a good teammate with Taborline/Hallia but still don't switch over. Even if I was a teammate of Dice/Hally, I would have bussed here for town credit. In this instance though, I feel like Clov was doing what he could to bring down the Hallia train. 

You say the Rhea train isn't going anywhere, which is correct, but the Hallia lynch was far from a foregone conclusion at that time.  She was tied with Rhea when I voted you, and Kronos voted Hallia giving her a one vote lead (3-2-1).  I then unvoted you and moved to Taborline after you seemingly didn't realize Cairos was NK'ed, keeping the vote totals the same.

This means a few things:

1) I had plenty of opportunity to bus Hallia, if I thought she was dead weight

2) I had plenty of opportunity to vote Rhea and force the tie, if I thought I could save her

3) Even if I had done that to pull your vote away... YOU WERE ON RHEA.  That means Hallia was STILL in the lead (3-1-2).  

So you're right, over a week ago I was able to accurately determine how the thread would unfold to set up three consecutive mislynches while telegraphing my NK's (since nobody ever becomes a better/worse option) and made a master plan to set up my ideal F3... 6 deaths later.  

Give me a break.

Edited 1:04 EST to remove inappropriate word with permission from Tress.

So you're right, over a week ago I was able to accurately determine how the thread would unfold to set up three consecutive mislynches while telegraphing my NK's (since nobody ever becomes a better/worse option) and made a master plan to set up my ideal F3... 6 deaths later.  

Give me a CLOV, YOU'RE AN IDIOT break.

Post has been reported to game mod and site moderation.

Give me a CLOV, YOU'RE AN IDIOT break.

Post has been reported to game mod and site moderation.

Permission granted to edit for PG-13.

So I'm having a hard time reading this on my phone. The quotes are all messed up but I think I get the jist. I'm not prepared to move my vote yet.

@Clov...what I was referrimg to that Laine messed up was her push for Taborline lynch. I did back off RTE but after reading through things above you posted that might have been a mistake too. I'm just not convinced and there's no way that's going to happen while I'm sitting here at a water park!

I'll be back online later.

Trying to keep up by email is hard!

Clov I'm sorry but that post just reeks of self-preservation. RTE is the only one you logically could go after; Rhea is without a doubt town, going after Alanna would've mde you seem even more desperate, and you couldn't go after me after being so buddy with me yesterday.

Also can't believe I forgot to do this with my first post at start of day :blush:

[v] Clov [/v]

Clov I'm sorry but that post just reeks of self-preservation. RTE is the only one you logically could go after; Rhea is without a doubt town, going after Alanna would've mde you seem even more desperate, and you couldn't go after me after being so buddy with me yesterday.

Also can't believe I forgot to do this with my first post at start of day :blush:

[v] Clov [/v]

Yeah, it's like reads change.  Go figure.

I do agree that Rhea is almost certainly town, though, and you're at least TRYING to read the game (plus I still don't believe that the last mafia subs out without saying anything), so at least one consensus townie will be alive tomorrow.  

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but seeing as there's nobody posting...I don't see any other option.  You all can unvote me now - I'm not getting lynched anytime soon.

If you don't understand why, go back and re-read BFG's posts from EoD1 to EoD2.  See what jumps out at you.  I was hoping to save this, in case the game reached F3, but smoke 'em if you got 'em.

"Over here, Professor!  I saw him turn down this corridor!"

Hermione Granger pursued the cloaked figure, George Weasley jogging close behind her.  "Slow down, Hermione!" George panted. "You don't want to get too far ahead of Professor Dumbledore!"  Percy matched his pace to Dumbledore's with solicitous care, lest the elderly wizard have a sudden need for assistance.

Hermione was fairly sure that the professor's red face was due to annoyance, not exertion, but the four of them needed to focus on catching the mysterious intruder. He may, after all, be responsible for the recent deaths at Hogwarts.

==========

It is too soon for this confrontation, Voldemort thought.  He was still too weak - Quirrell had been a useful host, but his death had come before the Dark Lord was able to regain sufficient strength to defeat a wizard as powerful and experienced as Albus Dumbledore.  If only he'd been able to abscond with the Philosopher's Stone as planned.... Alas, if he allowed Dumbledore and the trio of students with him to close in, all would be lost.

Casting a quick spell to misdirect his pursuers for a moment, he doubled back and slipped into the girl's bathroom, hissing the password in Parseltongue to open the Chamber of Secrets.  The hidden door closed behind him.

He would find a way to contact one of his servants from deep within the castle.  He would regain his strength somehow.  

He would live to fight another day.

Clov - Lord Voldemort, mafia goon - has conceded defeat.

===============

TOWN WINS!

We didn't even get to my grand finale of death!  It was going to be my magnum opus.  I would be the Michaelangelo of suffering; the town, my Sistine Chapel.  And centuries from now, only hushed whispers would be used to tell the stories of my nightmares.

We didn't even get to my grand finale of death!  It was going to be my magnum opus.  I would be the Michaelangelo of suffering; the town, my Sistine Chapel.  And centuries from now, only hushed whispers would be used to tell the stories of my nightmares.

:wub: I'm glad I waited until the end to case you, but you really did play a good game

Oh my :unsure:

Archived