DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

I only have a few minutes. Are y'all literally voting Clov because it's strange that he's still alive? This is terrible reasoning. Vote who has been consistently scummy this game and who you think is the last wolf. For serious though.

Anyways, I've said all I need to on Tab, and please follow me and vote there today. I have to get ready and go for work...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have a few minutes. Are y'all literally voting Clov because it's strange that he's still alive? This is terrible reasoning. Vote who has been consistently scummy this game and who you think is the last wolf. For serious though.

Anyways, I've said all I need to on Tab, and please follow me and vote there today. I have to get ready and go for work...

Wouldn't that logically mean that they're thinking he's the last scum?

You're coming across as frustrated, I'm not sure if that's the case or not. I get that you don't have time right now, but if you want people to follow you on Taborline, you have to show us why we should follow, and not just say vote with me.

But it's silly. You tell me to back up my vote so people will follow and I've done nothing but case and back myself up, but then why aren't you holding the other trains to the same standards? It's one thing to say I'm coming off frustrated, another not trying to understand WHY I'm frustrated.

But it's silly. You tell me to back up my vote so people will follow and I've done nothing but case and back myself up, but then why aren't you holding the other trains to the same standards? It's one thing to say I'm coming off frustrated, another not trying to understand WHY I'm frustrated.

But I am seeing it - it's because people aren't seeing what you are from Taborline.  And I am trying to hold them to the same standard.  It's why Clov is the lowest on my lynch list.  There hasn't been anything I've seen at this point that leads me to believe that he's the way to go today, at least.

I'm going to be short about this because I'm in a bad mood (something about breaking my car pisses me off... Who knew?), but if I get mislynched for being alive, I'm not going to be happy. Furthermore, if that happens, I expect everyone to take a look at who was working that angle and figure out if they actually even KNOW me. I haven't played with like half the game...is there some underground fanclub for me I'm not aware of?

I may or may not have time to play tonight, so I'm going to [v]Tabor[/v]. She seems to be clinging onto the hope of being cleared via peek too much, and I put my observations of BFG's "hints" in the thread for everyone to see - and I openly invited everyone to prove me wrong. Saying I steered everyone away from it is absolute garbage, and pushing me for that reeks.

There's only one wolf left. You can defend a player without coming off scummy. If you think he's a bad choice today, convince people. I can check in on breaks at work but I probably won't be able to post.

I can promise that my vote will not be changing today, and I think we should take the chance that I'm right about tab TODAY. Otherwise I'm going to continue not shutting up about it tomorrow.

There's only one wolf left. You can defend a player without coming off scummy. If you think he's a bad choice today, convince people. I can check in on breaks at work but I probably won't be able to post.

I can promise that my vote will not be changing today, and I think we should take the chance that I'm right about tab TODAY. Otherwise I'm going to continue not shutting up about it tomorrow.

additionally, I'll be more annoying and loud about her lunch tomorrow If she's still alive.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (3): Laine, Mish, Clov

Clov (2): Taborline, Rhea

Laine (2): Razen, RTE

Not Voting (0)

Deadline for Day 4 is Wednesday, August 5 at 9 PM MST/12 midnight EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150805T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Four+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN APPROXIMATELY 7 HOURS

Unvote, vote: Taborline.  If she flips scum, game over and good job everyone.  If you're wrong, Laine, I'm going to be very interested in what you've got to say about the situation.

There's more to it than that. 

You are frustrated because you've been making a case against Taborline and we don't all agree with you. 

So okay...i will unvote [v]Taborline[/v] just for you. If you are right then game is over and you earn bragging rights. If you are wrong then we're going to have issues!  :wink:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Taborline (5): Laine, Mish, Clov, Razen, Rhea

Clov (1): Taborline

Laine (1): RTE

Not Voting (0)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150805T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Four+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN JUST OVER 6 HOURS

Okey, I have done a very rough skim through the thread. All in all, we're at a good point; we're 7 remaining players, and only 1 mafia. That means we have at worst 3 game days to solve this, wich I think we'll do swimmingly. Now, a small note on my play. I've been out of the game for a long time, I played one game around december and I think my last game before that was last years HP game? About there. I'm rusty, and the game has evolved in my abscense wich makes it a bit hard for me to follow along. Also, deadline is 6am in the morning my time; I probably will not be around the last 4 hours before deadline unless I'm unable to sleep, just so you know.

Now, here's my thoughts in no particular order.

Razen is absolutley my strongest town read and has been from the beginning. I haven

Razen is absolutley my strongest town read and has been from the beginning. I haven't seen a single thing from his that's made me question his alignement.

Clov is a hard nut to crack. His game seems very pro-town. But as someone pointed out; why hasn't he been killed yet? The two mafia we've seen so far are Hallia and Dice, two players who know how much of a threat to mafia Clov can be. That + how he's not been on any of the mafia lynches as Razen pointed out, makes me very, very wary. I don't feel like he's tried to be a town leader, only making himself look good. He hasn't been on a single lynch, and his vote placements at each EOD has been on people I either feel quite sure is town, or in Tab's case, less convinced is mafia. This is where I think we should lynch today.

Rhea, I think is town. It's mostly a meta thing; she plays so rarely, that if she'd been mafia, we'd seen that by now. Add to that I've generally liked the tone of her posts, they seem genuinly open and honest and I can follow her thinking, even when she stumbles.

Tab, I am torn on. Her posts have given me good vibes, but the way she's implicated with others give me pause again. I do not feel like she's the way to go today, however. I feel like she's a too easy spot to place blame and she's a too easy lynch like Lessa.

Alanna is where I am most unsure. Her posts seem very protown, but the endless pushing on Tab (feels a bit like a very long tunnel), and as far as I can remember, she hasn't been activly involved in finding Hallia or Dice so far, but I don't remember that for certain; she has a whole lot of posts and she seems to be repeating herself alot. I feel like I'm drowning in sheer number of posts. She's also on the wrong side of the mafia votes. Firmly stuck on "no clue" for now, and that no clue makes me so uneasy I'll mark her mafia. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else :P But the fact that I can't pin down a read, or even a gut feel, is to me very worrying.

RTE is to me clear by association. His posts haven't swayed me much either way (in fact I was convinced D1 he was scum), but looking at how D1 voting went down, and the fact that he was the first vote on Hallia D3, it makes it EXTREMELY unlikely that he's mafia.

My preferred lynch order would be this:

Clov

Alanna

Tab

Rhea

Razen

RTE

And I will [v] Clov [/v]

You complete me.   :wub:   

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make about the hard nut to crack comment, so I'm going to ignore that.  I already stated what I think about the "argument" of me being alive as a reason to suspect me - it's not one.  You go on to state that me being alive combined with the fact I haven't lynched mafia (which IS a perfectly fair statement) makes you wary, but let's think about this logically.  Why would they shoot me?  You don't kill people you can get lynched - you get them lynched.

I think your point about me not trying to be town leader is blatantly wrong.  Go back and look at D1.  RTE was the leader for a good portion of the day, and I was one of the first to argue for him.  I don't know if anybody was on him before me and unvoted, but I'm fairly certain he was at zero when I pushed him.  Yes, that meant not lynching Dice, but you can't have it both ways - should I have been trying to lead, or should I have been following BFG's case?  

I haven't been on a single lynch.  This is ALSO a perfectly fair statement to make, but I think it's pretty misleading, too.  RTE was the leading vote getter when I went to bed, he was the leading vote getter when I went to work, and he was the leading vote getter when I checked in on my phone.  I get that you don't know my schedule, but I don't think it's hard to see the vast majority of my posts this game have come at certain hours.  The Lessa lynch I didn't vote for, but why should I have?  I made my argument for her being very likely to be mafia based off Dice as soon as day started, then I went back to bed...she had been run up before I got home.  I'm not going to apologize for NOT trying to get more information out.

Last point...I want to make a snarky comment about hindsight, but you subbed in late in a game.  I can't expect you to have the same perception you might had you been there from the beginning.   :dry:

Rhea - No problem with your conclusion here.  I think some of her posts had some awkward tone, but there's no objective way to debate that.  This is my first game with her, so I can't really confirm or refute the meta claim.

Tab - What do you feel she can have blame placed on her for?  Not really sure where you're going with that.

Alanna - A few questions about this read.  First, I don't know what you're suggesting by saying she hasn't been very involved in finding Hallia or Dice "this far".  I feel like you meant "Hallia and Dice's teammate", but I'm not 100%.  Can you clarify that?  Also, I'd like to hear what made you initially go Alanna over Tab.  You said that you were going to chalk Alanna up as mafia because you don't have a read on her, but the first sentence of Tab makes it seem like you're equally confused.  I would expect them to be at least even in your order.

RTE - Agree with your conclusion.  I would note that RTE was NOT the first to vote Hallia on D3 - Razen was.  Razen moved off to Hallia to Tab the last day of D3.  However, the fact that RTE stayed is a big plus in his favor for me.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT (unchanged):

Not Voting (0)

DEADLINE IS IN 30 MINUTES

FINAL D4 VOTE COUNT:

Not Voting (0)

DEADLINE HAS PASSED - PLEASE DO NOT POST

Minerva McGonagall hadn't slept in days. 

Something terrible was happening in Hogwarts Castle - students and staff alike had been victimized in terrible ways.  She shuddered at the recollection of this morning's incident, when she had followed a frantic, sobbing Hermione to the gamekeeper's hut.  What had been left of Hagrid was a horror she would not soon forget.  There was only one conclusion she could draw - Voldemort had returned.  

Her eyes burning and gritty, every joint aching with fatigue, Professor McGonagall forced herself to mount the steps to Dumbledore's tower.  He must know what she had found, and then - finally - she could allow herself to rest.

Near the top of the steep stair, something lurked in the shadows.

Her final rest came much sooner than she had planned.

Taborline - Professor Minerva McGonagall, Vanilla Town - has been lynched.

==========

It is now Night 4.  Night deadline is Thursday, August 6, at 9:00 AM MST/12 noon EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150806T09&p0=197&msg=Night+Four+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

NO POSTING IS ALLOWED DURING NIGHT PHASE

Severus Snape was being cautious.  

With the death of Minerva McGonagall - so close to Dumbledore's office - he had realized that the source of the recent troubles at Hogwarts must be powerful indeed.  He had his suspicions of what they faced, and when he entered his classroom later that night to prepare for his next day's class, he had his wand drawn and at the ready.

"Expelliarmus!"  A voice hissed from behind the door, and before Snape could react, the shadowed figure was at his side, gripping his wand in harsh, clawed fingers.  Within the cowl, cold, dead eyes hovered inches from his own.  Oh, no.  I was right, he thought.

The pain in his chest was immediate and incapacitating. Snape looked down to see his own wand, plunged into his heart as the claws sunk deep to hold him upright.

Razen - Professor Severus Snape, Vanilla Town - has been killed.

You complete me.   :wub:   

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to make about the hard nut to crack comment, so I'm going to ignore that.  I already stated what I think about the "argument" of me being alive as a reason to suspect me - it's not one.  You go on to state that me being alive combined with the fact I haven't lynched mafia (which IS a perfectly fair statement) makes you wary, but let's think about this logically.  Why would they shoot me?  You don't kill people you can get lynched - you get them lynched.

I think your point about me not trying to be town leader is blatantly wrong.  Go back and look at D1.  RTE was the leader for a good portion of the day, and I was one of the first to argue for him.  I don't know if anybody was on him before me and unvoted, but I'm fairly certain he was at zero when I pushed him.  Yes, that meant not lynching Dice, but you can't have it both ways - should I have been trying to lead, or should I have been following BFG's case?  

I haven't been on a single lynch.  This is ALSO a perfectly fair statement to make, but I think it's pretty misleading, too.  RTE was the leading vote getter when I went to bed, he was the leading vote getter when I went to work, and he was the leading vote getter when I checked in on my phone.  I get that you don't know my schedule, but I don't think it's hard to see the vast majority of my posts this game have come at certain hours.  The Lessa lynch I didn't vote for, but why should I have?  I made my argument for her being very likely to be mafia based off Dice as soon as day started, then I went back to bed...she had been run up before I got home.  I'm not going to apologize for NOT trying to get more information out.

Last point...I want to make a snarky comment about hindsight, but you subbed in late in a game.  I can't expect you to have the same perception you might had you been there from the beginning.   :dry:

Rhea - No problem with your conclusion here.  I think some of her posts had some awkward tone, but there's no objective way to debate that.  This is my first game with her, so I can't really confirm or refute the meta claim.

Tab - What do you feel she can have blame placed on her for?  Not really sure where you're going with that.

Alanna - A few questions about this read.  First, I don't know what you're suggesting by saying she hasn't been very involved in finding Hallia or Dice "this far".  I feel like you meant "Hallia and Dice's teammate", but I'm not 100%.  Can you clarify that?  Also, I'd like to hear what made you initially go Alanna over Tab.  You said that you were going to chalk Alanna up as mafia because you don't have a read on her, but the first sentence of Tab makes it seem like you're equally confused.  I would expect them to be at least even in your order.

RTE - Agree with your conclusion.  I would note that RTE was NOT the first to vote Hallia on D3 - Razen was.  Razen moved off to Hallia to Tab the last day of D3.  However, the fact that RTE stayed is a big plus in his favor for me.

First of all: I think I already said this before, but my memory is spotty on large parts of the game because of the insanely big posts going on here and there. I ment that I couldn't remember seeing Alanna being much involved in the lynches of Dive and Hallia, that she was mostly looking elsewhere. But that brings me to point nr 2:

All my points about Tab and Alanna in that post was to gauge reactions from each of them. I did have Tab higher up on my suspect list than Alanna, the most point against Alanna I had was her voting pattern EOD. But like I stated before, I wanted to make Tab think I could be on her side against Alanna to see what would come from that. Now however, with Tab's flip, I'm back to square 1 with how I feel about Alanna. On the other hand... She had to know, if she's mafia, that she would be the clear lynch today after Tab's flip. That makes me feel better about her.

I haven't noticed exactly what times of day you are on, no. But I still find it a bit too hard to believe that you've managed to be on none of the mafia lynches and only town lynches. You are also one of the best players in the game, wich both Hallia and Dice would know, and they would know that if you go into town leader mode you are dangerous, and would make more sense to be a N1 or N2 kill. You're hard to lynch, at least as far as I can remember, so that's not an argument. And the most damning this is of course the one that's hardest to pin down and show; I don't feel like you've been on a strong town game.

So here's where I'm at now...

RTE is my strongest town read for the Hallia-lynch.

Still think Rhea is town, I'm gonna try to read over her posts to confirm, it's not that many so I should have time for that.

I think Alanna's tunneling of Tab would've been a very stupid move for a mafia, especially considering she was in so many people's spotlight. She never bit on my attempt to redirect her to Clov, wich I think she should have as mafia. She was getting a lot of flack for her tunneling, and the smart thing to do as mafia if she wanted to win was to give her the opportunity I have her to switch her main attention to Clov.

I know I am town.

So that leaves Clov. The case against him isn't really strong, but process of elimination leaves me with no-one else. I'll try to find time to read through his posts too.

The nightkills have followed a quite specific pattern. Cairos was a kill with as little info as possible, to give town less to go from. Sooh, BFG and Razen were all players that most or everyone agreed was town. That should've made Clov a good candidate for N2  or N3; it wasn't until D4 that he got any negative attention. Looking at that pattern makes it even more likely he's the last mafia IMO.

Archived