DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

He was so close to his goal.

Professor Quirinus Quirrell had been part of the team of instructors who had created the traps to protect the Philosopher's Stone deep within a forbidden wing of Hogwarts Castle.  He knew the tricks to defeat and disarm every one, and now he stood before the Mirror of Erised, staring at his heart's desire - himself, holding the stone that would grant immortality.  Everything he had done, he had done for Lord Voldemort, and if he could only get the darn mirror to show him where to find it, he could be away from the castle and any danger of discovery.

The voice from behind him startled him. 

"That's far enough, Quirinus."   Dumbledore.

He spun around to face the headmaster, prepared to fight to the death, when he realized that Dumbledore was not alone. Minerva McGonagall and Severus Snape stood with him, wands at the ready.

His capture was something of a relief.

Hallia, Professor Quirinus Quirrell - mafia goon, has been lynched.

==========

It is now Night 3.  Night deadline is Monday, August 3 at 9:00 PM MST/ 12 midnight EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T21&p0=197&msg=Night+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

NO POSTING IS ALLOWED DURING NIGHT PHASE.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, mod's an idiot and forgot tonight was deadline when I went shopping for baby shower gifts and craft supplies after work. I'll be home and end night ASAP.

I hope nobody's staying awake waiting for me, should be less than an hour.

Hermione Granger missed her friends.

Oh, she was certainly occupied with her schoolwork, but there were occasional evenings when the melancholy overcame her, and she found it hard to concentrate.  On one such evening, desperate for a friendly face, she slipped on Harry's invisibility cloak and headed down to Hagrid's, hoping to pass some time with him and perhaps see what new exotic creature he may have adopted.

As she approached the gamekeeper's hut, she heard the screams.  It wasn't clear whether the screams were from Hagrid himself, or whatever vicious beast was savaging him.  In the shadowed night, she saw wolves run past, dragging what looked like his lungs behind them.

Sooh - Reubus Hagrid, Vanilla Town - has been killed.

IT IS NOW DAY 4.

MOD QUESTION: As I was a little over an hour late ending night, please let me know if you would like me to extend the day phase to compensate, or leave deadline at 9PM MST/12 midnight EDT on Wednesday, August 5.

I wasn't waiting.....

....ok, I was!!!!

Holy Crud! Hagrids lungs....that was gruesome!

and 

tumblr_lo5vbgRbdy1qbknh7.gif

Two down, One to go!!!

Sorry Hallia, you know I love ya but Professor Quirrell always gave me the creeps!

@TressMod, I am fine with keeping the original deadline. It gets pretty late for me otherwise. :)

They're killing off those on the dice lynch, IMO, because I'm pretty sure that train was clean. Everyone else is more ambiguous. That's what I think but meh. I need to look over Hallia/Dice one more time to make sure I'm not imagining taborline as the last teammate

They're killing off those on the dice lynch, IMO, because I'm pretty sure that train was clean. Everyone else is more ambiguous. That's what I think but meh. I need to look over Hallia/Dice one more time to make sure I'm not imagining taborline as the last teammate

That would make sense to me. Sooh was about the most obvious Town of the Towns, and we gain no information by losing her.

That would make sense to me. Sooh was about the most obvious Town of the Towns, and we gain no information by losing her.

I think that's the point though.  Thinking about it from a mafia perspective, Sooh could fairly logically be eliminated from most people's list of suspects.  She made two votes on scum, and I highly doubt that she was going to vote her teammates (from before the flip).  With only one scum member left, they are best served eliminating people that can be eliminated like that.

Looking back at the votes, everyone that's still alive voted on one of the two scum trains except for Laine and Clov.  My gut is telling me it has to be one of them.

Eh. If I was scum I would not kill Sooh over Clov. At least not experienced scum.

Interesting.  I personally don't see it, but that might be because of what I just outlined.  Do you think Clov is the last scum?

For reference:

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

RTE (5): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine, Lessa
Dice (5): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos
No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE HAS PASSED!  PLEASE DO NOT POST!!!

FINAL D2 VOTE COUNT:

Lessa (7) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline, Sooh, Hallia
Razen (1): Lessa
Rhea (1): Clov

Not voting (2): BFG, Kronos

DEADLINE HAS PASSED - DO NOT POST!

FINAL D3 VOTE COUNT:

Hallia (5): RTE, Kronos, Sooh, Taborline, Rhea
Rhea (1): Hallia
Taborline (3): Clov, Laine, Razen

Not voting (0): 

Deadline for Day 3 is Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 AM MST/12 noon EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T09&p0=197&msg=Day+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE HAS PASSED - PLEASE DO NOT POST

I feel like there's an argument that can be made both for Clov and for Laine.

Looking at Laine, there's the whole unexplained placeholder vote on RTE on Day 1.  Day 2, she was on Lessa, which was a really easy vote to make with how Lessa had looked at the end of the day.  Hallia's vote at the end makes me wonder if she's trying to cover herself by pointing out how she didn't think any mafia could do that.  And day 3 she was off Hallia.

Clov, on day 1 was the first to vote RTE.  I don't really have much of an issue with that vote, given the circumstances, because he'd voted before Dice came up as a candidate.  But Day 2, he pushed Rhea, whom Hallia also seemed to want to vote.  He pushed Laine as well, and didn't seem to want to touch the Lessa train.  And like Laine, Day 3, he was on Taborline.

I want to look back through and examine more closely the interactions.  It's going to help me tip the scales one way or the other.  Without examining their interactions with people, I am leaning slightly towards Laine, but that could definitely change on a read through/ISO.

I feel like there's an argument that can be made both for Clov and for Laine.

Looking at Laine, there's the whole unexplained placeholder vote on RTE on Day 1.  Day 2, she was on Lessa, which was a really easy vote to make with how Lessa had looked at the end of the day.  Hallia's vote at the end makes me wonder if she's trying to cover herself by pointing out how she didn't think any mafia could do that.  And day 3 she was off Hallia.

Clov, on day 1 was the first to vote RTE.  I don't really have much of an issue with that vote, given the circumstances, because he'd voted before Dice came up as a candidate.  But Day 2, he pushed Rhea, whom Hallia also seemed to want to vote.  He pushed Laine as well, and didn't seem to want to touch the Lessa train.  And like Laine, Day 3, he was on Taborline.

I want to look back through and examine more closely the interactions.  It's going to help me tip the scales one way or the other.  Without examining their interactions with people, I am leaning slightly towards Laine, but that could definitely change on a read through/ISO.

Meh. Stuff happens. 

I'm actually going to stick to my guns and [v]Taborline[/v], you can lynch me tomorrow if I'm wrong. I think I've already listed the interactions with Dice and Hally that I found suspicious

I am wondering if those who are voting for me are not scum at all, and the last one is just letting this happen. I was suspicious of Razen yesterday for the aggression with which he might have been trying to push me through to save Hallia, but then with Hally's loss almost certain, it would be too dangerous for the last one to make that kind of move.

Good morning!

You all make good points. I will have a look and see what, if anything has changed for me. The last one on my bottom 4 is Laine, and I need to take a closer look at that.

Otherwise, Clov is making me nervous. Like the hair on the back of neck is sticking up kind of nervous. Spidey senses? I might just take a look there too!

As for everyone else, I got nothing. So if you are asking....my bottom two right now are Clov and Laine. Not necessarily in that order. 

For now though, I have a million things to do and errands to run. It's payday! AND I have company coming at 4pm. Don't count on me for a whole lot until late tonight and tomorrow. 

Ok I have a bit of a weird question but I think it's a relevant one.

Clov why do you think the mafia team haven't killed you yet? Because to me that's quite interesting.

I can probably guess, but before I answer, is this a serious question or just dirt kicking?

I think that's the point though. Thinking about it from a mafia perspective, Sooh could fairly logically be eliminated from most people's list of suspects. She made two votes on scum, and I highly doubt that she was going to vote her teammates (from before the flip). With only one scum member left, they are best served eliminating people that can be eliminated like that.

Looking back at the votes, everyone that's still alive voted on one of the two scum trains except for Laine and Clov. My gut is telling me it has to be one of them.

Love this thought train. Obviously I'm not crazy about being one of the candidates, but I understand the reasoning. Can't really fault you for it, and the fact you were willing to re evaluate makes me feel confident youre genuinely trying to solve this.

Archived