DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Lessa (7) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline, Sooh, Hallia
Razen (1): Lessa
Rhea (1): Clov

Not voting (2): BFG, Kronos

Deadline for Day 2 is Friday, July 31st at 9:00 PM MST/midnight EDT:
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150731T21&p0=197&msg=Day+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE IS IN 15 MINUTES

"Something in these woods is killing unicorns." Hagrid's deep voice rumbled over his shoulder. "Stay close, Ron."

Ron Weasley was trying, but the burly gamekeeper's stride was long, and he was distracted by the squirming rat in his pocket, who seemed to be unnerved and desperate to escape.

"Scabbers, stop it," Ron hissed, but the rat bit down on his finger and dropped from his grasping hand to the forest floor.

Ron only meant to stop for a moment, to kneel down into the underbrush and pick up his errant pet, but it only took a moment.

When Hagrid turned around, Ron Weasley was gone.

Lessa Nikia - Ron Weasley, vanilla town - has been lynched.

It is now Night 2.   Night deadline is Saturday, August 1 at 9:00 AM MST/Noon EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150801T09&p0=197&msg=Night+Two+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

YOU MAY NOT POST IN THE THREAD DURING NIGHT PHASE.

The invisibility cloak was probably the best thing Harry could have imagined, he thought as he slipped it off, except for one thing.  The mirror.

Harry stood before the mirror of Erised for hours, entranced by the vision of his parents standing beside him, memorizing their features, longing for a childhood different than the one he'd had.

The invisibility cloak had allowed him to slip out of the dormitories and past the watchful eye of Filch's cat, Mrs. Norris, into the forbidden wing night after night. With Ron gone, nobody knew where Harry was, and it never occurred to him this was a bad idea.

It had, however, occurred to the man watching him from the doorway.  While Harry lost himself in the vision of the life he could have had, the man slipped up behind him and drew a knife.

"So sorry, Harry Potter.  But this time, you are the boy who died."

BFG - Harry Potter, Town Seer - has been killed.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

Not voting (9):  Clov, Razen, Laine, Taborline, Hallia, RTE, Rhea, Sooh, Kronos

Deadline for Day 3 is Monday, August 3rd at 9:00 AM MST/12 noon EDT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20150803T09&p0=197&msg=Day+Three+Deadline&font=cursive&csz=1

I just barely missed your post. And I'm angry at myself, I just used wolfy for the first time in a while. Make. It. Stop.

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

If Mafia!Dice pushes Town mislyches, why isn't RTE dead right now instead of Dice??

Are you saying you DO see a mafia Taborline or based on how Dice played it, he WANTS us to lynch Taborline?

Meh, I'll check it but I think Tabor and RTE are both Town here. Mafia Dice was gearing up to vote Town Tabor, and RTE is likely town through content. Of the 2 I'd say that RTE is marginally more likely to be a teammate, based on the FoS and the way RTE was holding off his vote (although that was a good catch on the timing of the votes :smile: )

When dice voted No Lynch there was no traction on him and the lynch was going to be RTE or Tabor, there was no need for him to do anything. Dice is hard to gain traction on normally as mafia, so there was no reason for him to think he'd be lynched. I failed last time in this situation and had Cory egging me on behind scenes. Votes have been slow all game, and I get that I'm part of that, but it's more reason for Dice to not have to worry about a CFD.

@Razen, Laine - I understand what you're saying about Tabor, BUT that post is how Mafia!Dice pushes Town!Mislynches, if Tabor is actually mafia Dice must be fuming right now :laugh:

I'm NOT 100% confident, but Tabor's going to have to do something pretty scummy to move into my POE. Secondly, her apparent 'missing' my case/push is bizarre no matter what her alignment, but seems more unfeasible from mafia given that I'm hoping there were some nasty words said about me on the QT last Night. I'm NOT saying it makes her town, but it seems null to me at best.

These two posts had me wondering yesterday if BFG was Seer and had peeked on me. 

BFG: top/bottom reads?

You're not going to like them

RTE, Tabor, Sooh, Razen are likely town here. Relatively confident on RTE/Tabor, need to review Sooh and Razen beyond end of day yesterday.

Pretty much everyone else is in my POE, not sure how I'd arrange you all yet :(

Clov is making me uncomfortable, but I'm not sure how much of that is just paranoia.

You've been pretty townie, but the complete opposite reads thing is starting to make me edgy

Lessa is starting to feel too easy, I don't think her vote is as decisive as the train today suggests

I'm pretty comfortable with Kronos pending more interaction

Hallia is troubling me; last game she was obvious townie by the end of Day 1, and I'm not sure I see that here

Rhea is sort of null as well.

RTE/Tabor her peeks based on this? I'm reading backwards through the thread, so I'm not 100% yet, but her "relatively confident" on RTE/Tabor could be significant. 

FSM this is difficult.  BFG, you know I think you're fantastic, but you did not do us any favors by tipping your peak.   :dry:

D1:

1. Clov
/a lot of effort to explain her posts/thougth process to me
/not on the same page as me, but agrees my point RTE's reaction was weird
+/comes back and says we're not really apart
+/liked my early kickstarter vote, likes my prodding, but -not confident calling me town yet
-worried I'm going to break her heart, I'm being cautious

2. Razen
/asked for expansion on him liking Dice's responses
+/posts have been making sense, ++"Am really, really liking the fluidity of his reads"

3. Laine
-Odd vote, questioned about her voting Hallia.  
+/Activity a good thing. 
-/Slight push for going back to fluffy. 
+/"Edging townward" after asking for lurkers to get active
/reaction was either incredibly pro-town OR pro-mafia
+asks her to be "strong, confident Town!Laine"
+/mostly ping in "good ways", but -still needs time to be sure

4. Taborline
--thinks Tabor possibly TWTBAW, but explains she had bad luck with that previouly
-/soft FOS for asking why she would bring up sooh might be cop
-/ISO'ed for exchange with sooh, but doesn't give conclusions
+/Tabor not the way to go today.  Points out issues with Tabor's explanation but makes it sem possible
-didn't like her "that too post", but +/posts seem reasonable

5. Hallia
/points out several people "conspicuously absent" but names Hallia specifically
-no read on her

6. RTE
+/humor, but maybe nto alignment indicative?
-points out RTE has Dice in bottom 3 but not commenting on BFG's case
-Suggest he could fool her, being relaxed is a null tell
--really big ISO on him
--"Actually RTE talk me through that again... You're voting Rhea because she ISN'T voting you??? What???"

8. Rhea
+/humor, but maybe not alignment indicative?
/posted fluff during initial debate. +/sounds relaxed but -/"haven't payed enough attention to content."

9. Sooh
+/says Sooh is right about not incriminating oneself as town
-no read on her

10. Cairos - Peeves the Poltergeist, vanilla town - killed N1
+/ asks him directly what he thought of my vote
+/ well wishes about exam, asks for thoughts
++disagrees with the majority about him, says he was townie and hopes he can get involved D2

11. Kronos
/excited when he came in thread?, asks who he wasn't feeling happy with

12. Lessa - Ron Weasley, vanilla town - lynched D2

If Tress didn't specifically state in the rules that N0 peeks would be randomized among VT's, I would actually guess that the peek was Dice.  I've excluded him because obviously he wasn't, but I really don't know.  I'm comfortable saying it definitely was not me, Tabor, RTE, Hallia, or Sooh.  I would also GUESS it wasn't Laine.  Gun to my head, I would go with Cairos as the N0 just because everything she said about him was positive.

That might be confusing to look at.  Basically, + is something that I feel could tip a peek, - is something I feel suggests not peeked.  / is a comment that caught my eye, but it really doesn't sway me one way or another...essentially null.  +/ and -/ would be in between.

++ and -- are what I use things that I feel strongly about. 

This is a good, old-fashioned case of we as a town need to figure things out for ourselves.  BFG never stated who her peeks were, and I think that we're going on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who she had peeked.  We can debate that all day, we're never going to get the answer.

For me, it's a case of sifting through what's been posted and trying to figure out where to go from here.

For reference, final VC's and with people's flips.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT:

RTE (5): Clov, Kronos, Hallia, Laine, Lessa
Dice (5): BFG, Sooh, RTE, Razen, Cairos
No Lynch (1) Dice

Not Voting (2): Taborline, Rhea

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, July 29 at 9:00 AM MST:
http://www.timeandda...t=cursive&csz=1

DEADLINE HAS PASSED!  PLEASE DO NOT POST!!!

FINAL D2 VOTE COUNT:

Lessa (7) RTE, Razen, Laine, Rhea, Taborline, Sooh, Hallia
Razen (1): Lessa
Rhea (1): Clov

Not voting (2): BFG, Kronos

DEADLINE HAS PASSED - DO NOT POST!

There is one thing that I noticed looking at those VC's.  Yes, it's only day 2, so take this with a grain of salt.   But Taborline and Rhea move the same way.  First day, they both didn't vote, second day, they're both on Lessa, in the middle of her train.

I want to go back and find who had said that Taborline would look really bad if Lessa flipped town.  That might be the place to start.

So you don't think that post is the peek, Clov? You don't think her "relatively confident" comment is relevant?

I'm still going back over the thread, at least back to EOD 1 to see, but if I was to guess I would say those two were peeks. It would make sense for her N1 to be one of those two. I would have to go back further to see who might have been her N0, but did she ever vote RTE?

I'm seriously annoyed right now with this game. If you're town and are facing a lynch, don't sit back and take it. Find someone you think is scummy and go for them; more likely than not, they could be mafia and your own scumminess is too big a distraction to us to notice it. Don't just give up and give us no new information to go with. We just wasted a whole day yesterday because we all took that lynch as a forgone conclusion. Whatever. Rant over.

I want to look at who BFG might have peeked. Also, I need the quiet ones to come out of the woodwork more, because I'm not above trying to lynch you to come out here and give us a better read on you.

This is a good, old-fashioned case of we as a town need to figure things out for ourselves.  BFG never stated who her peeks were, and I think that we're going on a wild goose chase trying to figure out who she had peeked.  We can debate that all day, we're never going to get the answer.

For me, it's a case of sifting through what's been posted and trying to figure out where to go from here.

Without having checked D2 yet, I think this might be the best option.  I'm still going to take a look over her more recent posts so see if I can't figure something out, though.  If we can find one clear peek, that could be a huge advantage.

If they're not clear, then there's no point.

So you don't think that post is the peek, Clov? You don't think her "relatively confident" comment is relevant?

I'm still going back over the thread, at least back to EOD 1 to see, but if I was to guess I would say those two were peeks. It would make sense for her N1 to be one of those two. I would have to go back further to see who might have been her N0, but did she ever vote RTE?

Based on her interactions with them from D1, I can't see either of them being a N0 peek.  She's an experienced player and obviously played an incredibly strong game - I doubt that she would put two peeks at the same level of confidence as two unpeeked players, especially when saying they're only "likely town".  The fact she put the two of them separate by saying she needs to review you and Razen gives it more credit IMO, but I'm not confident enough on it to lock those peeks in.

Bold - Tab wouldn't have been a bad peek, but there's no RTE could be a N1 peek.  Who cops the counterwagon to a successful mafia lynch?

I feel you, Laine. I don't know if she just wasn't here or didn't know what to do or what happened. 

I do hope that WBK can find time for us in his schedule, though I'm EXTREMELY happy for him about his new job! 

Rhea has been here more lately, and I appreciate that. 

I also want to see more from Hallia, though I understand she is busy too, and Razen. 

Archived