DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello from Australia

Paul G

G'day all just a quick hello and intro. My name is Paul and i live on a small farm is Victoria Australia, I'm 39, married, have 2 kids and we have a myriad of animals & pets.

I was a bit of a late comer to the series as I only started the Eye of the World in early 2012 and finished the series with A Memory of Light followed by New Spring in mid 2013 (all via Audio Books). I came across the series with a friends recommendation as I was in a gap in the Game of Thrones series. Like many, the WoT series has been a bit of a life changing experience for me and I often feel like I carry a small part of the books & characters with me at all times. After a bit of a break I have restarted the Eye of the World and am thoroughly enjoying it and I admit it has filled a void I've felt ever since I finished the final book.

Living here in Australia there isn't really any opportunity to connect or immerse yourself in the world, though I am aware there is a gathering of sorts later this year in NSW that I'm unfortunately unable to attend. Apart from the books I don't really have any related WoT items but I have told my wife I'd like to receive the WoT world map (on canvas if I'm lucky) for my birthday later this year and the new Companion book (hardcover) for Christmas and I'm also a bit excited as I recently ordered a new sword (I collect medieval swords) that to me will be my warders sword.

Anyway hello again and I hope to be able to contribute to the community.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul! Welcome to Dragonmount!

I expect one or two of our native Aussies will be along to welcome you properly before long.

Meanwhile, make sure to poke around the site and explore. The social groups are a great way to make friends with other WoT fans worldwide and offer the opportunity to play games and discuss just about anything... it took me far too long to check out that section of the site after I joined.

Please ask us if you have any questions at all!

Welcome, Paul!!! I'd like to invite you to stop by the White Tower and Warders and any other social groups that might catch your eye.

I once started a thread called "Everything in Australia will Kill You." It was good fun and gave me a hearty respect for your country.

I'm American but right now I'm pining to be a citizen of Iceland. Long story. Anyways, we are very happy to have you. I'm re-reading EoTW too.

Thanks for the welcome guys, been having a bit of a poke around and reading the content, there is a lot to take in. The social groups look interesting and I'm working my way group them and deciding which I'd be suited to, seems to be a lot to consider ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys, been having a bit of a poke around and reading the content, there is a lot to take in. The social groups look interesting and I'm working my way group them and deciding which I'd be suited to, seems to be a lot to consider ;)

No hurry. Take your time and find places you enjoy and can have fun.

Gday bro! Im Dice and ive got a spare bed in sydney if that'll get you the the conference!

Welcome to DM!  hands a good beer 

carltondraught_zps8d0fpvfw.jpg

mind telling me how you found us?? Ive been advertising a little on the Conference FB site so im curious

now  suggestion time!  Seriously check out the Social Orgs  (waits for tress) ESPECIALLY the Band of the Red Hand!  thats where I hang my swag and they are already trained in Aussie humor!!

Theres also the Black tower if your a spammer at heart or just wanna go dark and channel the world to pieces!

Come visit and look me up!

Thanks Dice,

Offer sounds good but it's just bad timing around then.

Still working out the social groups, looks like a lot of fun. I've been aware of DM for a year or so I guess and I'm pretty sure I came across it in one of my many WoT google searches ;) I recently got my WoT spark back when a sword vendor released a new sword that caught my eye that would be an ideal malkieri king sword and I did another Google search and joined up here.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Archived