DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

*ventures out of the wood work*

Heh. I'm sure you'll be fine. 

I like the age group I teach now because they are just starting to be grown ups. It's an interesting time for them, and it's a fun time to follow them through. 

I would love to write too. I have a ton of stories in my head, but whenever I start writing a project I find it looks less great on paper than I hoped it would, or I grow tired of the length of it and move on to something else. Patience isn't a strong suit of mine... What type of writing have you done?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I struggle with teaching the middle school and younger ages, but seem to connect pretty well with the upper classes most days!

My goal is to write a fantasy trilogy - I have it almost completely outlined, but haven't the faintest idea of how I really want it to end so the outline for the third book just keeps getting longer! I keep getting started on writing the first book of the trilogy, and I have a great intro and first chapter, and then I get stuck - which is why I started making the outlines instead so I knew ahead of time where I was really going even though my usual writing process is to just sit there and write (it got me through college just fine lol). I even did NaNoWriMo with my students last November to show them some of the processes it takes to become a published author and they are very supportive of me getting published.

As for editing and article writing - I tend to do a lot of personal development and informative articles. I helped write a few e-books about autism, and even an e-book about geothermal energy, so article writing consists of pretty much any project I can get my hands on to supplement that teacher's salary, ya know? Most of it is pretty easy work and helps fill in the summer days.

The same shenanigans, but we have a whole new crop of culprits!

*looks fondly at Sooh, Zander, and Besie*

Trust me the oldies are still up to it too.

*sends a wicked evil grin to Dice and Thane*

And of course, those that I can't think of at 11:34 pm on my vacation!

Hello I just thought you should know Brid was right about Dice, Thane, Sooh and Besie they are trouble but I'm innocent of all things even when guilty!!

You believe me right....???

I struggle with teaching the middle school and younger ages, but seem to connect pretty well with the upper classes most days!

My goal is to write a fantasy trilogy - I have it almost completely outlined, but haven't the faintest idea of how I really want it to end so the outline for the third book just keeps getting longer! I keep getting started on writing the first book of the trilogy, and I have a great intro and first chapter, and then I get stuck - which is why I started making the outlines instead so I knew ahead of time where I was really going even though my usual writing process is to just sit there and write (it got me through college just fine lol). I even did NaNoWriMo with my students last November to show them some of the processes it takes to become a published author and they are very supportive of me getting published.

As for editing and article writing - I tend to do a lot of personal development and informative articles. I helped write a few e-books about autism, and even an e-book about geothermal energy, so article writing consists of pretty much any project I can get my hands on to supplement that teacher's salary, ya know? Most of it is pretty easy work and helps fill in the summer days.

That sounds interesting. I would love to read your books when you get published (I say when because I'm an optimist).

*tries to hand a serve a mug of brew to Jea but before she manages to do anything is carried away by the Mighty Zander*

Diva%20sell%205_zpskzp5ltpi.gif

Oh how I've missed the shenanigans of this place lol Just not sure I'm ready to get a spotfine again anytime soon.....then again, as far as spotfines go, I've got a pretty clean record :wink: I guess I just found my ways around those things!

I suppose we're going to Taco Bell for dinner as well?

I'm not thrashy!!!  Mickey D's is much fancier!!! 

How is Mickey D's less trashy than Taco Bell (says the former Taco Bell employee who worked there for 6+ years, several as a manager and almost became an assistant manager.....)?

This dating thing is harder than I thought.

Sorry Zander, it's just not working out. It's not you, it's me. :sad:

Lanth Say It Ain't So!!!!!

.....story of my life letting the good ones get away......

Archived