DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

All is vanity and a grasping for the wind

Reyoru

You know how sometimes in life you work, and work hard, and it all comes to nothing? 

It kind of sucks. Really sucks.

How have you guys dealt with the times you've felt cheated or underappreciated?

Yes... of course... sorry you feel that way though... 

I haven't yet found an adequate way of dealing with the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

:wub: and he quotes Hamlet...

I try to do as much as possible for my clients but can and do fall short because of a lack of time, too many to serve, too little resources, and my own poor health.

I accept the past can't be changed, much of life can be very hard, and take joy wherever I can find it.

ive gotten angry and depressed, usually would withdraw if i could or couldn't do anything to get at what made me feel that way, and though i still get that way sometime, im learning that is what most actions in life are - "vanity and a grasping for the wind" - and it might as well be laughed at for thats one of the only things pettiness, yours or others, deserves, dismissal. not valuing yourself based on what other petty people think of you is extremely hard, i'm still working on it myself, but that is something to work for, finding a true reflection of yourself.

You know how sometimes in life you work, and work hard, and it all comes to nothing? 

I´m not sure that I can deal with it very good. Sorry, no good advices. 

sometimes you just got to not work so hard but shout about like you do and you seem to get all the credit, at least that's what I have seen. Unless you have a system redress your concerns, Just learn from it and work out away that you will gt what you deserve next time. 

And yes, it really does suck

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

I approve of this rewrite!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Or have good friend who will dispose of them for me!

A plague on every ******* house.

Once more unto the breach, dear friend?

Captain my Captain.

Thanks for everyone who replied. You're all kind and sort-of well adjusted people. Except for Verbal. H8u you <3

My dad always told me "Accept, Adapt, and move on." So that is about all you can do sometimes. And moving on does not mean quieting, it means to move forward. 

These are great thoughts, I will try to go with these next time.

My honest answer? Brownies work for me. Mutter bitterly under my breath. Then find something else to try and be awesome at.

Good luck Rey. You're awesome. I believe in you.

Go rock the medical world!

I really don't think we should be lying to the poor kid......

Thanks Ithi, lovely to hear you're well.

Brb, gonna egg Old Man Verb's house.

Archived