DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Autism Awareness Day

Brandie

lightitupblue-logo.jpg

April 2nd is Autism Awareness Day, in helping to spread Autism awareness, many people and places around the world are going to "Light It Up Blue" (#LIUB). As some of you know, my son Jack is on the autism spectrum. It's important to raise awareness of this condition in order for those with Autism and their families to get the services we desperately need, as well as the compassion and understanding of our communities. So tomorrow I encourage you all to #LIUB, learn what you can and support your friends and neighbors who are dealing with this condition every day. The CDC estimates that 1 in 68 children are on the Autism spectrum, so it's very likely that you know someone affected by autism. There are many charities dedicated to sufferers of Autism and their families, I would suggest that if you wish to donate, see if there is a local Autism group in your area. If you want to #LIUB with me, here are some tips from Autismspeaks.org:

How to LIUB

In honor of people with autism worldwide, iconic landmarks, hotels, sporting venues, concert halls, museums, schools, universities, bridges, retail stores, and thousands of homes will light blue beginning on April 2!

Light Homes, Businesses, Schools, and Landmarks Blue
  • Project the Autism Speaks puzzle piece or Light It Up Blue logo on walls or buildings

Wear Blue
  • Ask family, friends, coworkers, and staff to wear blue (ties, scarfs, shirts, etc.)

• Supply Autism Speaks lapel pins, bracelets, or other blue accessories to wear during the month of April.

Post Blue
  • Personalize your LIUB Selfie Sign to tell us where you Light It Up Blue

• Post your photos on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, or Flickr with the hashtag #LIUB to be a part of the global autism awareness movement!

• Turn your website blue with our Site It Up Blue kit or add the Light It Up Blue logo with a link to autismspeaks.org/liub

• Turn your Facebook or Twitter profile picture blue

• Tweet autism facts with the hashtag #LIUB

Raise Awareness with Blue
  • Distribute information about autism, World Autism Awareness Day, and Light It Up Blue in your establishment, neighborhood, or company.

• Invite a local Autism Speaks representative to speak to your staff, school, or town about autism and the Light It Up Blue campaign.

• Reach out to local media to let the community know about your great work for the autism community and your support of autism speaks!

Donate

Archived