DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hi! I'm MerrilinRoadie!! (lol) :p

MerrilinRoadie

Hi, Merrilin!!!  Welcome to DM.  A great place to meet people is in the social groups.  Each has their own focus and activities.  I'm in several but where I spend the most time is in the White Tower and Warders.  You won't be able to see all of the forums in the groups until you decide to be a member.

Please be very careful in the discussion forums so the series doesn't get spoiled for you.  You have an amazing time ahead of you in these books!

Welcome to DM, Merrilin!

I'll second Ryrin's caution about the book discussion boards because they DO contain spoilers, and lots of them!  However, the social group forums are mostly spoiler free and a safe bet for interacting with other WoT fans.  I'm a member of the White Tower & Warders social group and the Band of the Red Hand Social Group.  I hope to see you in both!

Welcome & Salutations!!!

I see the others have already warned you but, to reiterate, since you're still just starting the series you should be careful of possible spoilers when viewing the discussion boards.

While reading the series you might want to check out the social groups which can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. Each group has their own draw and all of them have some great members (Many of us are members of multiple groups). If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply for as many of them as you'd like. The others have given some great group suggestions to check out so give the groups a look and feel free to let us know if you have any questions. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I'd be glad to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). I can also answer any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, should you have any (I'm Logain, leader of the light faction). Other than those two groups I can't help you however, as I said before, just post here and I'm sure members from that group will be more than happy to help answer them. From my experiance, many of the groups seem to have a little RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it. They also only allow a small part of their group to be seen until you join them so just realise there will be a lot more than you can see until you are added to their group(s).

Finally we have the RP groups which, though I have little to no knowledge of, is something many find fun and participate in. If you plan on participating in RP I believe they have a main board you can post any questions to. If not maybe someone else who participates in the RP boards can answer them here.

So this may be a stupid question with all the warning i've gotten lol. All the general discussion forums have a risk of spoiling the story?

The Structured Discussion subforum has threads specific to the individual books, and you are definitely safe from being spoiled here:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/85-structured-wheel-of-time-discussion/

In the rest of the book discussion forum, even the titles of the threads may contain details that may provide spoilers, so you'll definitely want to tread with caution.  Normally they won't provide huge shocking details (although no guarantees), but unless the title of the thread specifically says the poster doesn't want spoilers past "x" book, there is very likely going to be discussion present from all of the books.

Archived