DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't make you do anything, but I will hold against you at f3 if I make it there :P

I won't bother rereading as I'm probably going to die overnight and I put a satisfactory amount of effort into solving this game

Up to you guys

My strongest hunch is Shadar, but if we can't agree on it it's not going to happen... so... idk... 

I hope you'll change your mind Ley, but I see the worry about a mislynch...

I'm pretty sure it's Shadar so you guys can do what you want but I'd rather make sure I voted right for POST-GAME TAUNTAGE  :wink:

Like the only thing a no-lynch will change is that one of me or Sooh dies; SK isn't going to kill between Leyrann/Shadar anyway, so it's the same decision

[v]Shadar[/v]

I would hope there's just one left so it'd have to be the SK

Need to look at the kills and JKs again

Leyrann why is Shadar the SK?

Shadar why is Leyrann the SK?

I dont think Ley is the SK, but I am not either. I honestly thought it was Panchi because I was not shot. But I was expecting to die. So I dont know what to amke of things.

So AFAICT the hits were probably

n1 Pral (really doubt mafia hit Pral and they very likely hit Verbal, I expect a dice/Hallia/RTE wolfteam to make competent NKs)

n2 RTE

n3 Tina or holster?

n4 BFG or holster?

Going to focus on this for my reread

Sooh - Just too many things I find unexplainable or unlikely if Sooh is mafia. Her breadth of content is fine; she seems genuine in her approach and has paid attention and has become more visible as the game has gone on; there's inklings of frustration that pop up, especially as of late, that I think would be much more likely to be village indicators for her; her actions make sense in a linear manner, even if it can be summarized into "she trusts player x, and therefore decides to vote with player x". But all of that is probably insignificant in comparison to her movement AWAY from the Panchi wagon at L-2; dice/Ley were the wagoners at the time, Sooh has seemed comfortable lynching several people this phase, but does not budge and moves away from the Panchi wagon, pushing onto Shadar instead. There are two explanations in my head for why she behaved this particular way. A is Sooh is a villager who had a village read on Panchi. B is Sooh is a villager who had a scum read on Shadar. I don't even think she has prominent SK equity, as it's a hard role to play "villagery" for a long period of time and I think she'd have been more anxious to get the lynch today than she was. I think the roundabout ~clearing of her by Darthe/Yates was correct and if she is mafia I'll tip my hat to her and move on.

She's almost certainly not scum with BFG or Shadar; she and BFG had an opportunity to hammer Panchi but did not, she wagon-ed BFG at day start; she pushed onto Shadar away from Panchi today. She had an interaction with dice d1 that I thought was never w/w (the dice-votes-her-and-takes-it-back thing, which seemed just a little too "obvious" to be w/w) and Sooh has floated him as a suspect on/off in a genuine manner. That leaves Sooh/Leyrann, which considering Sooh's d4 behavior just seems a little too obvious and also doesn't explain her movement away from Panchi considering Leyrann was pushing that wagon for awhile.

I really doubt she's SK just because she's been THINKING like a villager and you can see it

Like, why would she NOT vote Panchi and vote you instead with Panchi inactive and at L-2? If she's SK, she just wants someone to be lynched that isn't her, and I don't think she has the experience to "level" people that way yet by doing unnecessary things. She seems super genuine and when I really think someone is a villager I am almost always right. Maybe I'm not as good of a third party hunter but basically as long as I am alive Sooh can never be lynched so I'm going with the "either she's town or I'm losing to her".

IPSO FACTO, it's you or Leyrann. Leyrann's body of work looks better to me in a vacuum this game, but SK is a shifty role and not easy to think how it should be "played optimally".

I legitimately believe it's you. I could be wrong, but if it isn't you I would guess it's Leyrann about 95% of the time and I'm crossing Sooh off as an option. lolcory if wrong, but you go with what you know

Leyrann doesn't have Sooh as an option either so she's either town or going to win as SK, and if she is I applaud her for playing tricksy as an independent role while being inexperienced. As far as I'm concerned, I came into the game and made a good read on dice, but since I came in late I didn't get to set the PoE or direct lynches like I could have at game-start, so I'm fine with my performance if I'm right or wrong.

tl;dr:

tumblr_msytq1GxMU1qe3ctvo1_400.jpg

Ugh IDK

Pral's major d1 read is Leyrann = Mafia so IDK why BFG was so convinced Shadar would have shot him

Shadar gets really randomly repentant after d1 though and does say "shot" a lot, but IDK why he'd do that if it wasn't to lead up to a vig claim?

I have no idea 

. Keep Calm and Don't Play the Game

Sage advice MVPS Central office :rolleyes:

Very sound advice that want back fire, this is the last game of mafia I play, things just dont go right at all.

I already said that the advice shot me in the foot, couple pages back now, I thought I was getting advice that was helpful. There was more on the other post.

IDK miminal just something I noticed at some point

Was less than I thought

RTE tunnelled Leyrann d2, just like Pral was only on Leyrann's case d1

UGH THIS IS HARD, IT MIGHT JUST BE LEYRANN?

Mind is breaking

And I'm no SK and I can prove it by looking at the night kills: Night one, I would most likely have killed Panchi (because as an sk too you'll want to find scum and she was my scum read at that moment. Once the scum are dead, you're not at risk of getting nk'ed anymore which means you only have to avoid being lynched, and just look at how well I'm doing this game. It's only because I was so agressive the start of this day that people are even considering me anti-town) and I certainly wouldn't have killed Pral because he isn't the kind of person to push a lynch, and therefore I wouldn't be that afraid of him. Verbal, I might have, but I doubt I'd have killed him N1 already. At that moment I was fine with him being there and I enjoyed watching him play his cliché. Night two, yeah, I'd have gone for RTE. I'll give you that. Then again, if we assume SK we also assume unlimited shot (being SK is hard enough already), and I would have shot Turin N3 and probably Shadar N4.

Ugh I'm so tilted

Thinking it's Shadar again even though it's easy to justify that Leyrann would shoot Tina n3 ("I would have shot Turin n3" is pretty funny considering Turin was the lynch d3 and Tina was his biggest suspect after that, as he had a Hallia/RTE/Tina team d2) and Yates JK'd her... and he suspected Yates d4 so that could have been his shot and it falls in line with how he would approach the SK role

But he just has so much fire and I always find that villagery

Mechanical reasons point to Leyrann for me tbh but my gut thinks it's Shadar and the fact of the matter is that my instincts are usually more right than thread mechanics

Need to start drinking and channeling my drunken GOAT but SK hunting is so much harder than mafia hunting

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/86296-vampire-diaries-mafia-mafia-wins/

skimmed this game to see how Leyrann thinks as mafia but I don't even know if it applies to his potential SK game

would have cleared him from being Maf yesterday on that but IDK if it really does anything for me

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IDK, I don't think I'm moving

I think I'm just more comfortable losing if Leyrann is SK than losing to Shadar since his content has dropped significant after being steady on d1, which is one of the very few "universal tells" I use lazily since it works

Archived