DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*scene*

They didn't listen. They played the game. Another target was chosen and fried. It was barely morning. He'd not even eaten his yucky porridge. They found his face in the bowl when they went to check on him later that day. It was all in his beard and everything.

Turin - Vanilla Town - The Post Count/Activity Announcer & The Smiley + 1-Liner - Has been Lynched

Dark clouds covered the sky.

Email to all remaining members of the MVPS. Please. Stop. Playing. The. Game. We know you're doing this. Your immunity won't hold if you keep killing people. Lock your doors. Don't let anyone in - or at least try. Actually - maybe you should just stay awake.

It is now Night 3 - You have just less than 48 hours to submit your actions. Night 3 ends 9.15pm 26 March 2015 - unless I get all actions sooner

RTE ISO

I'm not quoting the whole thing this time as a lot relates to people who have now already flipped.

Again, I can't get that much from this, Leyrann's almost certainly town, but most people have accepted that for a while...

So the guess should be 2? :smile:

Does anyone think Cass could be protecting Tress in floating the no lynch option? Besides me of course

Who suggested the no lynch? One of my RL buddies gave me some advise before the break, which was if they dont want to lynch they are probably mafia. Which I am deaming sound advice.

So Cass is actively attempting to avoid a Tress lynch? Interesting.

[v Cass [/v]

Ugh Coding. Matlab. I hate it all.

[v] Cass [/v]

Sorry guys, I was quite busy during the day yesterday and wasn't able to get on around deadline. That being said I was happy with where my vote was at the time based on my impressions from following the thread as much as I could. 

I officially regret looking into Panchi today.  Might be scum but it's taken away from achieving a lynch cause people voted and disappeared which doesn't sit well.

I actually think given the flip that Cass' train (or the non-voters) is where we need to look for scum. It was only in scum's best interest to stay on Cass because: they knew she was town and they were fine with not getting a hammer. The only reason scum would change to Panchi is if Panchi herself is mafia and someone wants to get town cred in the future by saying "Hey, look! I voted her Day 1 but you didn't follow!". So I do think of the two trains, scum is most likely on the Cass train and amongst the non-voters.

Ley. Switch.back

Read my post: I wasn't caught up yet, so I wouldn't see your post. And on top of that, as far as I knew I was after deadline, and when I found out I had not been, I realized it was only VERY few minutes before, and well, only consolidating on a lynch that late is REALLY bad town play anyways. You're leaving far too much open that way.

Do you mean not consolidating?

I mean consolidating this late. It's far too easy to derail a lynch, though, admittedly, too obvious to do so on D1. But if you're at LYLO, you're most likely going to be dead if you let it get this close, and in general, what if ONE player less had showed up? Wheter I'd have swapped or not (and when I made that post 12 minutes past the deadline that I knew about the train I moved to was the bigger and, imo, more convincing one), we wouldn't have had a lynch. Please, EVERYONE, try to get a lynch at least 2-3 hours before deadline.

I obviously agree with Ley regarding trying to consolidate well in advance of deadline. That being said, on Day 1 (if any) you want as much info as possible before it ends. Doesn't mean we have to let it almost go to no lynch though... Don't feel like we were expecting any last minute revelations given how the day had gone up to that point.

Darn it forgot Shady. He was very jokey and nooby before also piggybacking me onto Cass. Then a last post about how a friend had said that no lynch was a sign of mafia. One comment I didn't like directly was about having 3 days until deadline to decide. It is more in mafia's best interest to stall talks until a deadline rush.

The story is 100% true, but it seems I shot my self in the doot so to speak. That and Iwas supposed to be following this topic and getting emails on my phone but did not see one today, and had forgotten about the end of day, which my commit was more a reminder so I did not forget on break, which also did not work to remind me at all. And reading through just now I was hoping that cass did not get it because I would have changed my vote even before I say the final. She had good points and a conviction which lead me to think she was not mafia. But it did not matter because I was too late to the update.

So to summarize my mind is a steel trap that rusted open and things just come and go as they please. But I should be around more so I dont make the same mistake again.

I like this guy. A bit of poetic-ness to his game :wink 

I think I'm firming up on some reads at this point, will wait to see what happens tonight.

I'm pretty null on Panchi to be honest up to this point. However when she did check back into the game she just did so to say she was busy and not give anything in the way of content really. Mafia or not if she can't contribute it's only going to hurt us. Yea she was the rival train on Day 1 and not a bad one considering the circumstances at that point but at the same time she hasn't really appeared all that scummy IMO. But not good either. 

My strongest scum lean at this point is Ley. I gave him a lot of slack due to his cliches but he's dropped those now and still doesn't look any better to me. Of all people to get the paranoid cliche in the first place... But his posting and interactions gives me cause for concern and I've been happy with my gut reads lately.

Tress I always remind myself to be more wary of. Called her Mafia's Moghedien last game and I was certainly right. Feel she's playing quite similarly this game, if not more scummy to be honest. 

Have a town read on Darthe and Dice thus far, with town lean on Yates and Turin. Those two are probably the two people who can be most dangerous in this game though. Both have had moments where they didn't look spectacular but leaning town right now. Town lean on Shadar as well (soft spot for teh noobies :wub: ).

Null read on:

Hallia, who has largely stuck to her cliche at this point

Sooh, whose most memorable posts to me have been expressing her annoyance at this game

Tina, who can always be a threat but don't think much of yet

BFG, not enough there and don't know her well enough

If I had to guess a scum team it would be Ley, Tress, Hallia, and toss in someone from Yates/Turin/Sooh/BFG/Tina. Will be tough to win this game if we don't lynch scum today, so let's get to it. 

[v] Ley [/v

Bah. [v] Ley [/v]

I'm all for competing trains but happy to move to Hallia. I do try to give her a bit more benefit of the doubt as historically I criticize her play quite a lot. But scum is scum, so happy to see Ley or Hallia go today.

Well Ley isn't getting lynched today so your vote is currently wasted. Got any other people you are willing to lynch?   :lan:

BTW, it takes more than 1 vote to make a train  :wink:

Darthe was voting Ley too before but ah well, I see your point.

Unvote. Vote: Hallia.

As for other people, my third after Ley and Hallia would be Tress. She scurry scum :ninja: :baalzamon:

Shoot or not. It will just show you were wrong about.me.

*shrug*

I've been wrong before.

I don't remember the last time I've seen anyone so openly flaky though

I don't remember the last time I've seen anyone so openly flaky though

Flaky? Flaky, how?

While I understand your reasoning for the "intent to vote" her train wasn't that big at that point. I do agree with Turin that someone who says they intend to vote someone rather than doing it always looks scummy. Words don't lynch scum, votes do. The other thing is you being so adamant about lynching Turin because he's scum for the last few posts only to go "Oh, well I might be wrong tho". Just feels wishy-washy to me. Feel like you've done more going back and forth than usual this game, and more than I've seen lately in general.

Tomorrow my vote goes to Ley. Then one more in Panchi or Sooh, and 1 other wolfie to go. Speaking of wolves where is Dice?

Key points, he votes 3 times, his votes on Cass and Ley failed first time, he dropped his role with Hallia which strongly indicates that Ley is town, even without the pretty continuous push.

Hallia was out of place in his reads, i.e. he described her as null, but had her in his mafia team with Leyrann and Tress; rule of 3 indicates again that Ley is town.

His first reads split up like:

Darthe

Dice

Shadar - strange reason given

Yates

Turin

Panchi - mentioned separately from the other nulls

BFG

Sooh

Tina

Hallia

Tress

Leyrann

His second team consists of Leyrann, Sooh and Panchi; question is is he in antispew at this stage

Back and forth with Yates, don't really agree with RTE's logic here

Ok...

Well, at least we AGREED about the mislynch.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this.

We have 9 alive, worst case we'll have 7 alive tomorrow. If we lynch town, 6, if we lose two again, we're at 4. If we have a vig, HOLSTER, so our numbers get out better. A holster gives us one more day to find mafia, and together we can achieve more than alone. I dare say, if you shoot, you're an SK, though, I guess, that also means we get an additional day because SK and mafia don't win together.

If we have a holstering vig tonight, we can afford one more mislynch. Currently alive:

Sooh

Panchi

BFG

Tina

Shadar

Yates

Dice

Darthe

Leyrann

I propose we'll go for Tina first. The other best option would, I think, be Yates. I don't know. But Tina's a good option because she's posting just about only fluff without, at least that's how I feel, trying to participate in the game, which just doesn't sit right with me. If you're town, even if you have the meme cliché, you should be doing more.

See this is why we should not rush head long into a brick wall.

Imo you're sounding a bit too certain of yourself now, considering we've had the full night and a bit of the last day discussing Turin, I think 10-15 pages of posts.

Story time and bear costume choosing time

What does one have to do to get story time and bear costume choosing time? It sounds like a really good time...

Have little boys aged 4 and 6. Tonight one bear had on teenage mutant ninja turtle pyjamas and the other was darth vader. We read about pirates.

Story time and bear costume choosing time

What does one have to do to get story time and bear costume choosing time? It sounds like a really good time...

Have little boys aged 4 and 6. Tonight one bear had on teenage mutant ninja turtle pyjamas and the other was darth vader. We read about pirates.

:wub:  That is so cute! *melts a little*

Ok...

Well, at least we AGREED about the mislynch.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this.

We have 9 alive, worst case we'll have 7 alive tomorrow. If we lynch town, 6, if we lose two again, we're at 4. If we have a vig, HOLSTER, so our numbers get out better. A holster gives us one more day to find mafia, and together we can achieve more than alone. I dare say, if you shoot, you're an SK, though, I guess, that also means we get an additional day because SK and mafia don't win together.

If we have a holstering vig tonight, we can afford one more mislynch. Currently alive:

Sooh

Panchi

BFG

Tina

Shadar

Yates

Dice

Darthe

Leyrann

I propose we'll go for Tina first. The other best option would, I think, be Yates. I don't know. But Tina's a good option because she's posting just about only fluff without, at least that's how I feel, trying to participate in the game, which just doesn't sit right with me. If you're town, even if you have the meme cliché, you should be doing more.

Makes no difference if the vig holsters or not to number of mislynches, assuming 4 mafia, and statistically any shot would help, assuming it's amongst the unsures

I voted Turin because I thought Yates and Darthe were on to something with their read of Turin... Now I feel kinda like I'm on square one again...

At least square three since we have Two dead wolves

lol alright then... square three...

I'm off to bed, so don't expect anything from me for a few hours! 

wtf???  That was FAR too quick.

Right Darthe and Yates have been after Turin for ages  so I get them. BFG Sooh Tina and Ley   why did you vote turin? and why so quick?

and Ley  you weren't going to take Turins post unless he flipped Town. So what now then?

Because I thought he slipped when he was talking about Darthe bussing the GF

I'm kinda tired and don't really want to do the work to find another scum atm.  Might get around to it later but it seems a lot more beneficial to have you all actually interacting and trying to find scum etc.  

Yeah, that'd be cool.  I got two now you try it.

Archived