DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

Also, can you explain what you mean by a change in tone?  I understand that he was being kind of snippy with your questions, but he was being kind of..."edgy"? I don't know the best word for it... for a lot of the game.  I remember he made a read earlier about Ithillian and said something like "Poor Clov just doesn't know better".  Not downright condescending, but just a little bit of bitterness?

And it didn't seem like you had a huge problem with it earlier.

He got so defensive. Add the sarcasm to that and i felt like he misrepped me.  I also took notice of Prals point that that role didnt HAVE to be town. So i hammered him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt like that Ley was one minute iffy about shooting anyone but then suddenly aimed at clov. Not BECAUSE he aimed at clov tho. Just that he aimed the gun so quick. If he had a reason for clov im not sure it was a good one cause I cant remember it at all.

I think you're messing post times up right here. As 1.0 I first wanted to shoot Turin, but when I heard he wasn't around I asked Clov to explain why I shouldn't shoot him, then I went to take a shower and half an hour later I shot him but then it turned out I was dead already. As 2.0 I mentioned that I might want to shoot RTE but wasn't sure and just felt like shooting someone. Then later I decided to actually shoot him.

Not really. It wasnt about times as much as it was about one minute you didnt want to shoot anybody. Then you want to shoot turin. then you die then you shoot clov. You mentioned RTE as well....What happened between not shooting Turin tho you wanted to to when you became 2.0 and suddenly you are talking about shooting rte but end up shooting clov? What was the change?

If you had a gun right now and HAD to shoot    would you shoot turin?

He actually tried to shoot Clov before he died. He action just resolved before his shot could go off so technically he was dead and never fired.

Or something like that. The point is he did it from a vetted town POV and actually showed consideration before he fired.

He didn't attempt to shoot RTE until after he came back to request Quest.

As proven it was townie Ley who shot at Clov... 

Then immediately after he came back as Quest!Ley he fired at RTE... I'm more worried about the second shot than the first... we know the first was fired as Town, whereas the second....??

There's always the argument that RTE had majority vote at the time, but had he been killed prior to the lynch a lot of people would have had to cast their votes again. Maybe a play to get two townies?

Wanna tell us what that Fake ID you used on Clov did?

Yeah, I would like to know too...

im gonna do something rude and direct the cop. I want clov investigated then act on the result the opposite way to normal

and ninjad by aj

This may be blatantly obvious to everyone else, but what????

What I think he was trying to say is the fake ID he used gives an opposite reading on someone. IE if Clov shows up guilty he's actually innocent.

Night is probably ending soon.

As of right now I have Turin as my top pick for mafia. I would need to go back once he's confirmed to see if I can see any connections. The most obvious one is Ithi but their interactions together are more or less par for the course for either alignment I would think. Her progression moving forward now that her chew toy RTE is dead and flipped town and she blasted Ley.1 who also flipped town will be important.

Ley.2 is another one I'm suspicious of but I'm not sure how Quest's actions would fit with Turin if they are mafia together.

I think Dice's level of involvement and some of the things he's pointed out this game point him towards being town. He's one of my more solid reads.

Nothing has changed with Clov. Still think he's town and that is only reinforced with our QT discussion.

I was unsure of Yates after his game entrance but I think the way he divulged that info is a good sign. There really wouldn't be a reason for him to if he wasn't town and he's smart and good enough to know "town cred" is a finite resource.

Sooh seems to be coming out of her shell a bit more and beginning to present her ideas. Her vote on RTE's wagon is a strike against but I still think she could be town.

Tress gave me good vibes early on but she hasn't been very present so I would to hear more from her. We seemed to be on the same page early in the game when we posted reads that were almost exact in a matter of minutes from each other, so I'm counting that as a good sign.

Pral I'm on the fence on. I know Clov thinks he's firmly town but I think he has some SK equity considering how he seems to be in the background.

Okay, I've gone through and found all the votes for RTE this game, because I don't believe that he got lynched by just townies.  If anyone disagrees, please say so.  Here's what we had for votes (spoilered for eyesore quotes):

Nice little 'either or' there. You seem to know at least one of us isn't lol. And then can use that to say oh well, the other one must be.

[v]## RTE[/v]

It's a well know mafia thingy to set up future lynches. It's equally likely that we're both Town. More than equal actually as the majority of players will be town.

These are all of RTE's post to date.

Ha ha ha like the logic dice.

??? is this just fluff or do you agree with Dice's reason about AJ?

Also I'm second!

fluff

here.

RTE, can you unpin the signups and pin the game thread please?

Thanks for the reminder good sir!

non game related. but very friendly. 

here.

RTE, can you unpin the signups and pin the game thread please?

Thanks for the reminder good sir!
He is lovely isn't he  :wub:

He's alright  :wink:

Is he scum this game Ithi? Or are you?

asks the question. looking back at it it looks worse to me. He is asking a pointed question a

bout alignment disguised as a joke IMO. Then he vanishes. 

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working  :sad: )

and pops up again 7 minutes after I ask about him. So he is either monitoring the thread but not posting (lurking) unless it is about him or just has great timing. 

But then he vanishes again and doesn't follow up on his earlier question to either say it was a joke or to ask why it wasn't answered.  

[v] ## RTE [/v]

Apologies for not posting last night, I got distracted by a shiny object again  :wink:

*points camera at Yates and snaps a photo*

I did one of those re-reads where I started reconsidering my reads of people and thinking "well if I'm wrong about this person being town, what does that do to the rest of my reads" and confused myself mightily.  I do so hate second guessing myself, and most of the time when I do I regret it.  Nothing to be done for it but to get a flip or two to work with, though.

I'll still be at work and likely busy at deadline, and no guarantee how cooperative my phone will be during breaks and lunch, so I'll vote my best bet now and see where the discussion goes.

[v]##RTE[/v]

I'm seeing more and more what Ithi is saying about RTE... and taunting back isn't making it any better...

RTE is definitely moving down my list now.

In case I don't have a chance to do this later I'm going to 

Vote: ##RTE

Did I do that right?

Know what?? I dont like the change in tone RTE. Far too defensive when i was simply asking questions and not particularly hard ones.

UNVOTE Vote ##RTE

Obviously, it's not too easy to judge without context, so these are the notes I have associated with each player's D1.

Ithi:
-voted shortly after game began, didn't move
-Said would shoot RTE because she thought he was scum (when she gave her answer, wrote "cos he's mafia" on her death list)
-Used Writ on him (presumably double vote)
-Shot Leyran 1.0 (Town) during ITA
-Explained it as was voting RTE so might as well work down her list
-Used magic carpet on Turin (unknown effect)

Turin: 
-voted on Monday, did not move
-Said would shoot at RTE because finding scum is important
-Shot at me during ITA
-Used mousetrap on me (unknown effect)

Tress:
-Voted yesterday, for sole vote
-Took a picture of Yates (unknonw effect)
-Had previously RTE was her top scum read after not following him on Dice, and he had odd commentary on AJ
-Chose not to shoot, because RTE was the only read she was confident in and he was likely the lynch

Sooh:
-voted yesterday for sole vote
-liked Ithi's commentary on RTE yesterday and didn't like RTE taunting
-said Tuesday she thought it was odd Ithi was pushing RTE for not posting, while having him in her "keep an eye on pile".  Had Turin and I as her top scumreads at the time
-didn't like Turin's reasoning, which caused her to wait

Dice:

-voted Turin, then revoted him after it didn't count.  Moved vote to Tina 15 minutes later without reason
-used ID card on me
-Shot Ley, moved vote to Ley after kill failed.
-Questioned RTE, hammered this morning because RTE was defensive and changed tone

For me, Dice showed the most progress towards a read on RTE.  He was the only one to vote RTE that also voted for someone BESIDES RTE.  Tress and Sooh were on him for about a day before he was hammered, while Turin was him on for roughly three days.  Ithi was on him for four days.  He was stuck at 2/6 until the double vote was used yesterday, just before noon my time.  This was roughly a half hour before Tress voted, and four hours before Sooh voted.  Ithi showed the least progress IMO, having felt comfortable lynching him six hours after players started posting.

With the context of the notes, my order from most likely scum to least likely wold be: Turin, Ithi, Sooh, Tress, and Dice.  There's a sizeable gap between Ithi and Sooh, and a decent gap between Sooh and Tress.  I'm not surprised by Tress abstaining from shooting, and if she had an ability to peek/track/watch someone, I'd guess she'd use it on Yates 100 times out of 100, so that puts her beneath Sooh.

I put Turin over Ithi because how he used his actions.  He said he'd shoot RTE, but instead shot me.  He can't use a "I was voting him, so I shot elsewhere" defense IMO - when he said he'd shoot RTE, his vote had already been on RTE for over a day.  He then doubled down on me by using his item on me over RTE (I think it's safe to say the gift was not something beneficial to me, though I have no idea).  

TL;DR - If I'm a vig, I'm shooting Turin tonight.  His actions don't fit with his words, and I still think he TMI'ed a couple times.  If he's not around tomorrow and nothing comes out that clears them, I'm wanting Ithi or Sooh to swing.

@Clov, your list is wrong. You have the better suspects in the middle. I know I'm town. I am as sure as I can be without seeing her pm that Ithi is town. I am believing dice is town. Sooh I am starting to get suspicious of. Trends I have been suspicious of. I think you might be placing them in the middle to protect them. Suspect but not at the top is a common.mafia trick.

I shot you because I wanted you dead as I let your berating Ithi get me charged. I had all 3 of you as possible mafia and at that moment you irked me enough to let me shoot at you instead if RTE. As I stated in that post if my shot had worked and you flipped.mafia like I think you will then I would have tried to get AJ lynched and let RTE be vigged while using my item on him. I think AJ has mirror protection during night phase because that is how most of the things mentioned worked. If he is town mafia probably already shot him if they believe his tale.

Like I said before I am town. I started the game town and I will be town in the morning. By choice. So you would be the worst vig ever. Yes I will be town by choice. In case anyone didn't read the OP, I am not that kind of finder. I only have to solve a murder and I can become the role if the deaded person. You figure it out.

Yes Dice. I did send the message. But as you will now know I can't cop view people. My item effect was to help deal with the person left but that seems to have failed somehow. I don't get that and Darthe hasn't explained yet.

I have worked a ton of hours the past 2 days and thus morning I saw a bunch of people pointing at me and at least one more vote from Pral. I had exactly 5 minutes to look and post my action. I didn't know RTE had been hammered or I would have kept quiet. I will try to catch up.but I am sleeping in my truck again so only have phone.

Hope I live thru the night.

Already have.

Scummy conspiracy theory.

TMI slips.

Little read progress.

This is what I'm talking about. RTE has flipped town and instead of readjusting you just want to continue down the same path that we are still mafia.

It's getting stale at this point.

Also - if I turn up dead soon I want you guys to look at how Turin is distancing from it.

He makes a statement about how my Mirror probably lasts through the Night phase but then adds the bit at the end about how if I die the mafia team must've believed me.

Why wouldn't a SK shoot me, btw?

I'm not so sure about that.

First point - mafia refusing to hammer a townie whose lynch is almost a foregone conclusion is not unheard of. I wouldn't give him credit for that.

Second point - the real logic error is that he's assuming RTE's role had anything whatsoever to do with the three of you being in the QT together, which had been explained more than once as being due to "found items". Again, not ready to give him townie points for that one.

At work and heading into a meeting, more later.

1) You're absolutely right it's not unheard of, but hammering presumably would have killed conversation. He, instead, chose to continue getting his points across and exploring other options. I don't think anybody should say he's 100% clear from it, but I think it's more likely to come from a townie POV than scum.

2) He is absolutely wrong, but he explained his thoughts. Then he took the initiative to re-assess and find the flaw, resulting in a change. Is it possible he's in a scumchat and somebody said "That doesn't make any sense, Pral. You messed* up", sending Pral into damage control mode? Sure.

But again, I think it's MORE likely to be he's genuinely displaying his thoughts. And I know Pral typically is in catch up mode, so I would assume scummates would be explaining what happened in chat. Not sure he'd have posted an obviously wrong theory as a red herring.

To the first point, since the conversation he is trying to drive is to push a lynch on a townie, I don't see that as positive. Extending the day to line up the next mislynch is not town to me.

It will be tomorrow night at the earliest that I get a chance to dig back into the thread but I remember it was Pral that took after red when she was gunning for you previously. I think there is some cross connection there.

For instance, you could be mafia and just took Tina's 1x strongman because you already know who killed her.

That's what I would do in your shoes, to say the least, and I know you make smart choices with your NAs when you're scum.

You can label the theory whatever you want. I believed it.

Gimme the actual "tmi" slips please.

You haven't shown yourself to be town to me yet so yes you are still a suspect. Too bad.

RTE is dead so all if you can't be mafia together since he was town. It has little to do with your particular alignment tho. Stale? Omg it is day old, throw it out. LOL. Nice.

You misconstrued or I explained poorly re the mirror. I an thinking if you were town and you got shot at it probably gas resulted in a dead bad guy. I said mafia but it could have been a sk as well.

I totally concede that there could be a mafia finder out there. In fact I will be more inclined to think so come day if they don't agree with my wording.

Several factions? All I see is town, mafia and apparently two solos. How do you see this as a faction game?

Clov, is that a slip?

For instance, you could be mafia and just took Tina's 1x strongman because you already know who killed her.

That's what I would do in your shoes, to say the least, and I know you make smart choices with your NAs when you're scum.

But I'm town and I will admit I considered it, that would have made me solo and thought doing it on purpose would not be acting upon my current win condition. So I chose a dead townie. I think you might be projecting like Despo.

I try to make smart Choices with all my actions.

Take a little dive into the shallow or spy what do you see?  I see the tortoise and the hare in a rat-race and it fits like a glove under my sleeve.  Just wait til then.  Their heads are the heaviest of operation, he has still not lost imagination.  I can hear him mouth the whole ending, just wait til then.  We Marys had ourselves a ball, oh yes we did.  We Marys had ourselves a ball, I must admit.  Hang us those limbs, hold no virtue.  Those told to hold: Project on my cue.

Until we fall.

What an awful, terrible dream.  Morning provided no respite from the truth.  Several were dead and unless things were resolved you worried that you would never escape.  It didn't take long to discover that one more of your number was gone, dustified in the night.  In her room was nothing save for a print-out of her favorite Facebook status updates and the remnants of her body.

Ithillian - Town Socialite has been killed.

It is now day.  You have 48 hours and 15 minutes until night, meaning that deadline is Sunday at 11PM, EST.  With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Archived