DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

Wanted to reply to this question because I understand that it looks a bit weird. Will try to catch up this evening, but not sure I can in the pretty limited time I have and so many new posts (least of all if I have to retype this post because chrome is being stupid!), but if not I'll try again tomorrow morning and, the latest moment, tomorrow evening.

@Ley why not shoot at Clov again then?

Because he had explained why he shouldn't be shot, and I thought he had done that well enough. Meanwhile, you had used an item called "mirror" on yourself, which made me pretty hesistant to shoot you, Turin wasn't here and Dice wasn't here either (well, I assumed he wasn't because it was in the middle of night for him), which meant that none of my list were online. I was also feeling a bit... reckless yesterday, and just wanted to shoot someone, so I decided on RTE, who didn't even mention my post where I was thinking about shooting him out loud while he did make several posts in the meanwhile. I also decided on him because I thought Ithi was making a good case on him.

Okay. I don't see why your suspects being online or not is relevant considering you shot at Clov the first time because he didn't respond fast enough.

I'm curious to see where you're at after you've caught up because I think you looked pretty opportunistic yesterday sheeping Ithi like that and attempting to kill a now proven townie when the entire time before then in your previous slot you continued expressing displeasure at the idea of being responsible for someone's death.

I realize I missed this post while scanning, but I'm now here with my catchup, so:

As I've replied to others too, I shot Clov because he was in the thread WHILE not responding to it. That second part: I explained that in the very post you quoted. If you read my posts from back then again, you'll see that, actually, I was already starting to get pretty agressive as 1.0 (with things like "Turin, tell me why I shouldn't shoot you."). It's just a bit of a mood I was in.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nvm. I see now. I really need to sleep.

Curses mafia. You got Ithi before I could protect her.

You realize NA resolution doesn't work like that right?

What part of I didn't get to use my role last night don't you understand? If I had it she would most likely be alive.

As to ability vs role, I was the finder so I specifically asked Darthe what would happen and he gave an actual straight answer so there you go.

I think she was killed because I was one of the people in the spotlight yesterday and it makes me look worse. Also because the emotional attacks were not working to get her distracted.

I do find it a bit odd that you immediately nudged at Yates the claimed SK, when there is every possibility that mafia could still be found today. Looks like your prioritizing the SK over the mafia.

I do wonder if it could all be a ruse including the spreading the information about a second SK. Laying a trap for the psychiatrist while trying to buy another day.

Little bit of mod gaming here. I was curious why Darthe allowed what I saw as one of the most powerful town roled to die by modkill but replaced the other two slots . I guess we know about red Yates.

If Yates is SK and not mafia them I think Pral looks worse in his Clov defense.

Lemme read some more

Yates  tell me why I shouldnt lynch you killer.

1. Because I haven't killed anyone [thus I'm not a killer]

2. BecauseTown can't win without me [mafia have a big lead at this point]

3. Because I have tools and information that can either help or hurt Town prior to my lynch

4. Because I want to win with Town

5. Because I can be used as a Vig

6. Because the Psychiatrist knows who I am and can change my wincon to enable point 4

7. Because I have wonderful toys

That should suffice.

Yates, what can you do to help town today?

I could slit your throat at any point in the day. Could have yesterday [right up until I was jailed] as well.

I could always be used as a vig.

I have information that either exonerates or condemns at least one person in the game.

I also have other tools at my disposal that said person [people] know about but that I can't talk about because I can't be cured from jail.

Brass tacks? The only thing Town needs to consider is that I count as a non-mafia slot and there are 5 dead non-mafia slots already. Out of 14. The math is easy.

@Turin - I am prioritizing lynching a confirmed "not town" slot. Are you seriously suggesting that Yates won't swing today? Who is to say he isn't just lying about being a SK because as he just pointed out there are 5 dead slots that haven't flipped mafia. That's a good thing for them.

Also - I simply don't believe you about what you say your role does. Why would the OP specify one thing but you be told differently? Sounds fishy. And I must've missed your post where you said you couldn't use your found ability the same Night so my bad there. Still - that post was cheesy as hell man.

The camera was a cop view, y'all, and Yates is NOT TOWN.

I really could not telegraph the psychiatrist any better. I'm the other SK and we need to lynch scum... I would have holstered last night but I didn't need to because I was in purgatory protected from all actions.

Boom.

Fix me and help me use my powers for good...

So, what did the Book of the Dead tell you? Clealy, it didn't tell you that there are 2 SKs in the game. Because you knew that once Tina flipped. What else?

I could slit your throat at any point in the day. Could have yesterday [right up until I was jailed] as well.

I have information that either exonerates or condemns at least one person in the game.

I also have other tools at my disposal that said person [people] know about but that I can't talk about because I can't be cured from jail.

Brass tacks? The only thing Town needs to consider is that I count as a non-mafia slot and there are 5 dead non-mafia slots already. Out of 14. The math is easy.

You have a day kill? Is that your extra skill? Tina had a strongman kill. Be straight and tell yours.

BTW slitting.my throat would be about the very worst thing you could do for town. Take a look ay the possible roles list. Which role do you think.is the most powerful town role in terms of helping against the mafia?

And @AJ, as to why you think that there is a discrepancy between what was in OP and what Darthe told me I got one word for you... Darthe.

You have a day kill? Is that your extra skill? Tina had a strongman kill. Be straight and tell yours.

BTW slitting.my throat would be about the very worst thing you could do for town. Take a look ay the possible roles list. Which role do you think.is the most powerful town role in terms of helping against the mafia?

And @AJ, as to why you think that there is a discrepancy between what was in OP and what Darthe told me I got one word for you... Darthe.

Okay, I've gone through and found all the votes for RTE this game, because I don't believe that he got lynched by just townies.  If anyone disagrees, please say so.  Here's what we had for votes (spoilered for eyesore quotes):

Nice little 'either or' there. You seem to know at least one of us isn't lol. And then can use that to say oh well, the other one must be.

[v]## RTE[/v]

It's a well know mafia thingy to set up future lynches. It's equally likely that we're both Town. More than equal actually as the majority of players will be town.

These are all of RTE's post to date.

Ha ha ha like the logic dice.

??? is this just fluff or do you agree with Dice's reason about AJ?

Also I'm second!

fluff

here.

RTE, can you unpin the signups and pin the game thread please?

Thanks for the reminder good sir!

non game related. but very friendly. 

here.

RTE, can you unpin the signups and pin the game thread please?

Thanks for the reminder good sir!
He is lovely isn't he  :wub:

He's alright  :wink:

Is he scum this game Ithi? Or are you?

asks the question. looking back at it it looks worse to me. He is asking a pointed question a

bout alignment disguised as a joke IMO. Then he vanishes. 

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working  :sad: )

and pops up again 7 minutes after I ask about him. So he is either monitoring the thread but not posting (lurking) unless it is about him or just has great timing. 

But then he vanishes again and doesn't follow up on his earlier question to either say it was a joke or to ask why it wasn't answered.  

[v] ## RTE [/v]

Apologies for not posting last night, I got distracted by a shiny object again  :wink:

*points camera at Yates and snaps a photo*

I did one of those re-reads where I started reconsidering my reads of people and thinking "well if I'm wrong about this person being town, what does that do to the rest of my reads" and confused myself mightily.  I do so hate second guessing myself, and most of the time when I do I regret it.  Nothing to be done for it but to get a flip or two to work with, though.

I'll still be at work and likely busy at deadline, and no guarantee how cooperative my phone will be during breaks and lunch, so I'll vote my best bet now and see where the discussion goes.

[v]##RTE[/v]

I'm seeing more and more what Ithi is saying about RTE... and taunting back isn't making it any better...

RTE is definitely moving down my list now.

In case I don't have a chance to do this later I'm going to 

Vote: ##RTE

Did I do that right?

Know what?? I dont like the change in tone RTE. Far too defensive when i was simply asking questions and not particularly hard ones.

UNVOTE Vote ##RTE

Obviously, it's not too easy to judge without context, so these are the notes I have associated with each player's D1.

Ithi:
-voted shortly after game began, didn't move
-Said would shoot RTE because she thought he was scum (when she gave her answer, wrote "cos he's mafia" on her death list)
-Used Writ on him (presumably double vote)
-Shot Leyran 1.0 (Town) during ITA
-Explained it as was voting RTE so might as well work down her list
-Used magic carpet on Turin (unknown effect)

Turin: 
-voted on Monday, did not move
-Said would shoot at RTE because finding scum is important
-Shot at me during ITA
-Used mousetrap on me (unknown effect)

Tress:
-Voted yesterday, for sole vote
-Took a picture of Yates (unknonw effect)
-Had previously RTE was her top scum read after not following him on Dice, and he had odd commentary on AJ
-Chose not to shoot, because RTE was the only read she was confident in and he was likely the lynch

Sooh:
-voted yesterday for sole vote
-liked Ithi's commentary on RTE yesterday and didn't like RTE taunting
-said Tuesday she thought it was odd Ithi was pushing RTE for not posting, while having him in her "keep an eye on pile".  Had Turin and I as her top scumreads at the time
-didn't like Turin's reasoning, which caused her to wait

Dice:

-voted Turin, then revoted him after it didn't count.  Moved vote to Tina 15 minutes later without reason
-used ID card on me
-Shot Ley, moved vote to Ley after kill failed.
-Questioned RTE, hammered this morning because RTE was defensive and changed tone

For me, Dice showed the most progress towards a read on RTE.  He was the only one to vote RTE that also voted for someone BESIDES RTE.  Tress and Sooh were on him for about a day before he was hammered, while Turin was him on for roughly three days.  Ithi was on him for four days.  He was stuck at 2/6 until the double vote was used yesterday, just before noon my time.  This was roughly a half hour before Tress voted, and four hours before Sooh voted.  Ithi showed the least progress IMO, having felt comfortable lynching him six hours after players started posting.

With the context of the notes, my order from most likely scum to least likely wold be: Turin, Ithi, Sooh, Tress, and Dice.  There's a sizeable gap between Ithi and Sooh, and a decent gap between Sooh and Tress.  I'm not surprised by Tress abstaining from shooting, and if she had an ability to peek/track/watch someone, I'd guess she'd use it on Yates 100 times out of 100, so that puts her beneath Sooh.

I put Turin over Ithi because how he used his actions.  He said he'd shoot RTE, but instead shot me.  He can't use a "I was voting him, so I shot elsewhere" defense IMO - when he said he'd shoot RTE, his vote had already been on RTE for over a day.  He then doubled down on me by using his item on me over RTE (I think it's safe to say the gift was not something beneficial to me, though I have no idea).  

I think Town greatly misplayed Day 1. They could basically just lean back and watch the show. There might be mafia among RTE's lynch mob though

Turin seems the most suspicious to me at the moment, also because of the way he has been backtracking and running the whole "I'm not the same as Ithi"-thing. An efficient move to hide behind. I think Ithi said earlier that "He's helping me to lynch RTE". It makes his reasons for voting RTE shady. If he was mafia he would have no problem backing her up on that because he would have known RTE was town. It may also be the reason why Ithi is gone today, because she would have made that connection. 

Clov, you looked scummy to me early on... not sure where I have you at at the moment.. more neutral I think. You haven't really pushed any agenda that I haven't understood. 

Now... we're supposed to just take Tress and Yates' word that Yates is a SK?

What would be the point in Tress faking a result on me? Further, what would be the point in me admitting to being an anti_town role?

As proven it was townie Ley who shot at Clov... 

Then immediately after he came back as Quest!Ley he fired at RTE... I'm more worried about the second shot than the first... we know the first was fired as Town, whereas the second....??

There's always the argument that RTE had majority vote at the time, but had he been killed prior to the lynch a lot of people would have had to cast their votes again. Maybe a play to get two townies?

That would be a bit of a weird way to do it. Would a far easier thing not be to shoot another town under suspicion (I had listed Dice, Turin, Clov and RTE as scummy at that moment, and none of them were looking clear to most, whereas it would be equally unlikely for all AND me to be mafia (we'd be talking about a full team here, not even noting the fact we're probably only at three mafia because, according to AJ, we have two serial killers)) and get RTE lynched? If RTE would have been shot, it would have been basically wide open. You see how much flak I got for shooting RTE, and that's without him dying and turning up town.

What would be the point in Tress faking a result on me? Further, what would be the point in me admitting to being an anti_town role?

I have no idea at this point... that's why I'm asking. I can see if Tress would fake a result, but your admitting to it is ice cold if it's not the truth... lol

As proven it was townie Ley who shot at Clov... 

Then immediately after he came back as Quest!Ley he fired at RTE... I'm more worried about the second shot than the first... we know the first was fired as Town, whereas the second....??

There's always the argument that RTE had majority vote at the time, but had he been killed prior to the lynch a lot of people would have had to cast their votes again. Maybe a play to get two townies?

That would be a bit of a weird way to do it. Would a far easier thing not be to shoot another town under suspicion (I had listed Dice, Turin, Clov and RTE as scummy at that moment, and none of them were looking clear to most, whereas it would be equally unlikely for all AND me to be mafia (we'd be talking about a full team here, not even noting the fact we're probably only at three mafia because, according to AJ, we have two serial killers)) and get RTE lynched? If RTE would have been shot, it would have been basically wide open. You see how much flak I got for shooting RTE, and that's without him dying and turning up town.

Yeah.. I agree.. It does seem unlikely for a mafia to do... but as a townie... why shoot RTE when he's all good and ready for a lynch? 

Well that's what I get for trusting Ithi :tongue: Darn... 

I'm a bit puzzled as to why people are pegging me for scum now... Because I voted RTE? Because I voted at the time I did? It seems it all boils down to my vote and its timing. What else have I done to warrant your suspicion?

I'm looking at you as possible scum because I don't have anything of large significance to clear you, and I find it HIGHLY unlikely that was a clean lynch.  The flip shows I was wrong about Ithillian.  That leaves Turin, you, Tress, and Dice.  I feel Dice took the best approach to Day 1, and Tress played it exactly how I would expect Town!Tress to do so (lynch her strong suspect, investigate Yates, opt not to shoot).  

I'm still going to look at both of them of course, but I have to do due diligence with you.

Nvm. I see now. I really need to sleep.

Curses mafia. You got Ithi before I could protect her.

You realize NA resolution doesn't work like that right?

What part of I didn't get to use my role last night don't you understand? If I had it she would most likely be alive.

As to ability vs role, I was the finder so I specifically asked Darthe what would happen and he gave an actual straight answer so there you go.

I think she was killed because I was one of the people in the spotlight yesterday and it makes me look worse. Also because the emotional attacks were not working to get her distracted.

I do find it a bit odd that you immediately nudged at Yates the claimed SK, when there is every possibility that mafia could still be found today. Looks like your prioritizing the SK over the mafia.

I do wonder if it could all be a ruse including the spreading the information about a second SK. Laying a trap for the psychiatrist while trying to buy another day.

Little bit of mod gaming here. I was curious why Darthe allowed what I saw as one of the most powerful town roled to die by modkill but replaced the other two slots . I guess we know about red Yates.

If Yates is SK and not mafia them I think Pral looks worse in his Clov defense.

Lemme read some more

Bold is 100% spot on, but I'm not sure there's anything wrong with trying to kill the claimed killer.  Either Yates is telling the truth, and lynching him prevents a mislynch AND eliminates the possibilities of extra NK's, or he's lying about being the SK and we lynch mafia.

What did you not like about Pral's defense?  

Well, you're supposed to take Tress' word that Yates is non-town, because that's confirmed.  She never said he was the SK; that was his own admission.  Whether you believe he's the SK or he's mafia trying to get a pass is up to you.

Well that's what I get for trusting Ithi :tongue: Darn... 

I'm a bit puzzled as to why people are pegging me for scum now... Because I voted RTE? Because I voted at the time I did? It seems it all boils down to my vote and its timing. What else have I done to warrant your suspicion?

I'm looking at you as possible scum because I don't have anything of large significance to clear you, and I find it HIGHLY unlikely that was a clean lynch.  The flip shows I was wrong about Ithillian.  That leaves Turin, you, Tress, and Dice.  I feel Dice took the best approach to Day 1, and Tress played it exactly how I would expect Town!Tress to do so (lynch her strong suspect, investigate Yates, opt not to shoot).  

I'm still going to look at both of them of course, but I have to do due diligence with you.

I completely understand that you have to look at everyone. And by all means do.. as you can see, I feel the same way. My strongest suspect for now is Turin. I have no idea what to expect from Town!Tress, so for that point of view I have to look at what you all say. I find Tress hard to read.

I still peg Dice as Town, but I really have no idea. He might be fooling me every which way with that. 

I also don't buy that he gave you a role in the OP and it's different from what he told you, Turin.  The point of an open/semi-open set up is so that everybody has a clear understanding of what all roles do.  Sure, Darthe gonna Darthe... but if that's the case, he's basically trolling us as the mod.  

You're also the first person to suggest their role is different from what's been listed.  That seems odd to me.

Archived