DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yates thing was a joke, Ithi.

I assume since Darthe isn't actually going to hand out vig shots willy nilly that the point of the exercise is to identify who everyone would declare as their top mafia suspect - which I made clear right now is RTE.

Then you should have said Kill RTE and not made a joke.

Ahh, I have been properly chastised for having a sense of humor, even when followed by "but seriously". :dry:

Tress, this is a jokefree zone.  We put on our suits and ties and drive to Mafia.  I expect you to give this the level of respect it deserves!

[unvote]
[v]Turin[/v]

I don't think his argument about serial killer equity fits with the conclusions he reached, and I still think there's an implication he knows AJ isn't mafia.  Also think he might have slipped here when discussing Pral's stance on me.

Don't understand how you can say that Red is taking easy prey when you are saying you see Clov as town. I know you aren't going to suggest that Clov is an "easy lynch" right. 

There had been a LOT of negative attention on me early in the game, so in the context of this game, Pral's claim makes a ton of sense.  I don't think I'm an easy lynch overall, so I can kinda see Turin's point there... except I've played a hundred games with me.  I'm pretty sure this is Turin's first game with me.  So how does he know whether I'm an easy lynch?

Also, an important factor that seems to be disregarded or missed by a few is that this isn't a standard hammer game. Majority doesn't need to be reached in order for a lynch to happen. Whoever has the most votes at EOD will die, so yes - I stand by my statement that Yates putting me as the lead wagon with 24h to go is an important action, even if it's only 3 votes.

I was going to mention this too. It really helps the mafia be laid back and lazy with their votes as they won't have to do an obvious pile on the achieve a town lynch. They might just need 1 or 2 or maybe even none if the town can't be arsed to put a good solid vote down.

Anyone sitting on fence and dilly dallying with I'll Vote later comments I'm not comfortable with you at all. Similarly those intending to place a vote on someone in a bit. Why are you so worried at raking a stance.

The other thing is ill push a train from the station to the beach to get a target lynched. No one seems interested in Rte. I think if he weren't mafia someone would have gone with me and let me lead the lynch.

I still think he's mafia

Hate, hate, hate this reasoning.  THIS is what I consider an opportunistic push - guilting people into pushing him.  You're basically saying that anybody that gets some attention but doesn't get much traction HAS to be mafia.  By that logic, YOU are mafia because mafia would have gone with me and let me lead a lynch on you if you were town.  Tina is mafia, otherwise somebody would have followed AJ.  

Bottom first: It isn't anyone that gets any attention. It is anyone that gets attention from her. Now you may not know this because you haven't played with her but Ithi is very persistent and if she has a target that she really wants lynched most times that person WILL GET LYNCHED. Which is why I said that it would be easy for mafia to jump on an RTE train if he is town because they could blame Ithi when it was over. 

Mafia would be very reluctant to jump on an Ithi train D1 because it likely would end badly for them. Did you see how many people have her as solid town right now? I do not doubt that some of them are mafia and to flip flop that hard would be a huge flag.

Clov, I haven't played with you because I don't have enough time to play much anymore but I do read along with the games and I have seen your moves. You are not an easy lynch. EVER. 

AJ could well be mafia, He just has more of an indy feel to his posts and actions. I'm just putting out my thoughts. 

Which two statements of mine are you referring to? 

Hey who is going to be here tomorrow at around lunch time in America?

That's not like a vague time frame or anything. It's like the plumber telling you they'll be at your house sometime between 8am and 2pm, and heaven help you if you need to accomplish anything else that day.

Official Vote Count Five:

RTE (2/8): Ithi, Turin

AJ (2/8): Quest, Tina, Yates

Tina (1/8): AJ

Turin (1/8): Clov

Not voting (7/14):

Laya, HL, Sooh, Tress, Dice, RTE, Ley

This phase ends on March 4th at 8PM EST

The professor hasn't shown up yet.  Odd.  Odder still is that people have been finding things throughout the house, little bits and ends that don't make sense to be there.  They found three little statues of a super smash bros dragoon, a brand new wrench, a fake I.D card, a toy police badge, a camera, a mouse trap (oddly placed atop the refrigerator), a writ of ownership and a mirror hung backwards.  Nobody quite knew what to make of a barren house filled with such items (and them, of course) but a grade was a grade.  One of the classmates had begun to joke about B horror movies and everyone chuckled but, honestly, it did have that vibe.  

None of them noticed the sleeping gas seeping into the rooms until it was too late.  They were all asleep before they reached the entrance.

Ten of the known items have been found!  

Now that items are in hands, those of you who have received items have dream roles.  Day is extended 24 hours and during this seemingly 24 hour dream phase (and only during it) your items have power.  Use of your abilities happens on thread (aka I would say: Use Axe on Darthe) and takes effect the moment that it is recognized by the moderator (Axe has been used, Darthe now smells fresher, you notice no other effect).  You may not reveal what effect your ability has on thread though I will inform the thread of the items use when it is used.  Know that you can pass along your items but that you must do so through a PM to me and that the person receiving the item will not know who it comes from.  

Votes still work but a hammer will not take effect until everyone has woken.  

Please note that you can continue collecting items and that you can even enter a dream within a dream.  This whole game is lolz.

And this is different from any other Darthe game... how?  :wink:

I´m here and I will give this game some more time. 

I guess I need to remind everyone that I never lie about rl stuff. As most of you know I have a hard time handling stress and when I get stressed I also loose my memory. This has nothing to do with my alignment as it happens a little now and then, but it does effect the way that I play. 

I did something with the quote. This is my post and then the green is AJ´s comments on it. 

Ithi: My initial thought on Ithi was that she was town. This is how she behaves as town - points out every little detail and runs with it. Then she looks at the reactions she gets. My biggest problem with her this game is her conversation with Clov. He asks her a question that she interprets as his own thoughts, and thus she never answers it. After a while I can see what she thinks about RTE, Tress and Dice. What I´m also worrying about is that she and Turin used the "we" post to question Clov but then just let it go. To me that post doesn´t mean anything, but it looks like it did to them. 

Turin: I can see how anoying it is to defend himself when people use "feeling" as a reason. The thing is, I also felt he was "off" in this game. I guess one of the things is how he asked Clov what he thought about the players that just left the game but never said how he felt about it himself. And why did he point out the "we" comment without continuing with it. It looks like he is suspecting Clov but gives him a lot of room to explain himself. Not sure if good or bad. But I agree with him when questioning Dice. Why would MafiaTurin help out TownIthi by stearing the discussion into another direction? And what exactely did Dice learn from AJ?

Dice: Yeh, see the last lines from above. Please explain. 

Sooh: Starting to look scummy by posting a lot but not giving any ideas.

Clov: I think he has played a good game so far. As others have said, I think his gamestyle and Ithi´s gamestyle don´t go well together. Ithi is pointing out everything she sees while Clov is trying to find town as well. That is something that I have started to do as well lately, so it´s easy for me to see where he is coming from. I agree with him that it looks like Ithi is overdoing it and that she is looking for things to argue about. 

RTE: Now having said that, I´m not sure that I´m seeing RTE as town so far. AJ pointed out that he liked RTE´s response to Turin but the fact is that it came only six minutes after Turin´s posts. So it looks like he checked out the thread without adding anything. 

Tress - nothing to comment on so far because she has few game thoughts.  I´m not sure that I agree with her Dice is town comment.

AJ - is very "fluffy" and not very specific at all. His reason for voting Turin is very thin.

ConQuest: I didn´t like his reason for his vote. He just followed Turin in saying that AJ and Dice looked like working together. I don´t see that at all, just some jokes. But as you see, I´m wondering about both AJ and Dice.

Red - I didn´t like her vote on Clov. It doesn´t seem like she is trying to understand his reasons. 

Pral - meh, nothing to comment on

Ley - looks town so far.

Heartlight - not here

Did I forget anyone?

[v] ## AJ [/v]

I don't like this post very much at all. Your reason for voting me isn't good imo. I think the majority of my posts have been pretty content laden so describing them as fluff is a huge understatement. It sort of feels like you're looking for a reason to vote me since I'm already in a somewhat established position. Furthermore, you are fence sitting on a lot of issues. You call my reason for voting Turin thin and yet you likewise agree that he feels 'off'. How is that? You think Quest looks bad for voting me but you do as well? A lot of what I read here seems disorganized so I would appreciate it if you could explain further.

First of all - you were already in a somewhat established position? I think you had one vote when I voted you. It´s not like I´m jumping on a big train. 

Yes, of course I´m fencesitting on some things, it´s day one. 

I said that I also felt Turin felt "off" but I tried to say why and I did not base a vote on it. 

Quest reason for voting you was another than mine. He just joined Turin in saying that you and Dice seemed to work together (or something like that). I felt that his reason was weak since the things between you and Dice seemed to be jokes. 

And yes, I was feeling a bit disorganized as well. 

I went back to check what I meant with fluff. It was the wrong word to use but I think the feeling comes from 

1) The bad reasons for voting Turin
2) How you try to be so polite. What I mean is you answer people with "fair enough" or like in this post "I would apprichiate...". It´s not very agressive at all, more like trying to make friends. 

Here is where you say Turin looked "guarded" and "sinister"

First!

Vote #AJ  Im not mafia for once in a Darthe game so he MUST be!

But if you aren't, then I can't be either!

I think Dice is highly likely to be town.  RTE to a lesser degree

I agree with Dice. Not so much with RTE - I'll need some time and content to flesh him out, but he's usually a hard read for me as it is.

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working :sad: )

Not a bad response to the question imo.

Well this is a lovely mess already... There are a few things to be noticed, but not much to me just yet. That may or may not be my lack of experience playing this game speaking...

So far Dice came in swinging high from the get-go, which I assume he would have done regardless of his affiliation, so not much there. RTE is poking people's buttons apparently, to get a reaction and gets it big time from Ithillian, and then Clovdy jumps right back at that, as if waiting for someone to launch at... My vote shall have to wait a tad longer...

Why would you assume this?

Well this is a lovely mess already... There are a few things to be noticed, but not much to me just yet. That may or may not be my lack of experience playing this game speaking...

So far Dice came in swinging high from the get-go, which I assume he would have done regardless of his affiliation, so not much there. RTE is poking people's buttons apparently, to get a reaction and gets it big time from Ithillian, and then Clovdy jumps right back at that, as if waiting for someone to launch at... My vote shall have to wait a tad longer...

Is this your first time playing?

What's your opinion on the post? I think I see why you might've asked this.

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

really hard to do anything else if noones around turin.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

Pretty much the definition of a town!Dice post imo. Glad to see that :biggrin:

Turin reads to me a bit guarded as well, the way he's posing his questions feels kinda... sinister.

Since Tina asked (large picture)

A simple, "how-to" guide on Clov's alignment, presented in flowchart form.

TLDspbu.png

Way to steal my thunder, dude.

*runs through the front door hopping on one foot trying to finish buttoning his pants up, shoes unlaced and the buttons on his shirt are misaligned*

I'm here, i was busy with the wife putting furniture together that she just had to get this morning. 

I have to read to catch up on the bulk of what happened but I'm present now so please continue. 

I know the feeling :dry:

Just wanna welcome the newbies to their first Mafia experience, I think you'll discover soon how fun and addicting it can be. Don't lose too much sleep dwelling on the game :wink:

For now I have the worst feeling about Turin. [v]##Turin[/v] Gonna keep an eye on how he handles Ithi this game, that can usually be a pretty big indicator of which side he's playing on. I think some of the questions he's posed are a bit off.

Ithi seems to be playing her town game which is based mostly on intuition from my experience. Clov seems to be driving discussion and I can't really fault him for looking askance at Ithi if he hasn't played with her before. A lot of her arguments are going to be that way, for the record.

Sooh seems to be pretty level headed for a newbie, so hopefully I'll be able to figure her out before too long. New players usually read sort of scummy to way by nature, and the running commentary post she made is a good example as to what, but I'm willing to observe her for a while until things get going so I can gauge her better.

Beyond that I don't have anything else to comment on. Let's see how things shake out

Here you join Clov´s reason. I don´t actually understand the "characterization" comment. 

the only thing that stood out to me was how he kind of guided me towards an answer, about the inactives.

The first question is pretty straight forward.  However, he specifies three people, leaving a couple off (Leyrann, like I pointed out earlier, but Sooh as well).  And the final question basically gives the answer that I feel at least one of them is scummy for me, even if I hadn't.

Right, right. The biggest thing to me, besides the leading question, is the characterization of the action he's asking you about. I liked RTE's response to it, which I quoted in one of my previous posts.

Here it looks like you are giving Turin a way out. Again, being too nice. If you can understand Turin better you might unvote him. 

Just wanna welcome the newbies to their first Mafia experience, I think you'll discover soon how fun and addicting it can be. Don't lose too much sleep dwelling on the game :wink:

For now I have the worst feeling about Turin. [v]##Turin[/v] Gonna keep an eye on how he handles Ithi this game, that can usually be a pretty big indicator of which side he's playing on. I think some of the questions he's posed are a bit off.

Ithi seems to be playing her town game which is based mostly on intuition from my experience. Clov seems to be driving discussion and I can't really fault him for looking askance at Ithi if he hasn't played with her before. A lot of her arguments are going to be that way, for the record.

Sooh seems to be pretty level headed for a newbie, so hopefully I'll be able to figure her out before too long. New players usually read sort of scummy to way by nature, and the running commentary post she made is a good example as to what, but I'm willing to observe her for a while until things get going so I can gauge her better.

Beyond that I don't have anything else to comment on. Let's see how things shake out

There is that "bit off" line again. Could you be any buddier to Dice? Which questions and why are they "off"? Ambiguous push is ambiguous.

I don't think my push is at all ambiguous. It's true that I may not be able to perfectly explain how I thought you came across when I was reading your posts earlier, but putting my vote down to back it is taking a stance if I've ever seen one. I think it could be the way that you worded them and the timing in which you asked, they bugged me. That's about as good as it's going to get for now until I see more from you so that I can get a better idea of where I think you're coming from.

Some quotes disappeared. Later you did unvote Turin. 

I will see if I can find one of the quotes that I lost. 

First!

Vote #AJ  Im not mafia for once in a Darthe game so he MUST be!

But if you aren't, then I can't be either!

I think Dice is highly likely to be town.  RTE to a lesser degree

I agree with Dice. Not so much with RTE - I'll need some time and content to flesh him out, but he's usually a hard read for me as it is.

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working :sad: )

Not a bad response to the question imo.

Why would you assume this?

Is this your first time playing?

What's your opinion on the post? I think I see why you might've asked this.

really hard to do anything else if noones around turin.

theres something about this post thats bugging me. it feels off. and its not that he missed ley cause i didnt notice that til clov bought it up either. it feels like a "lets look another way" post but its so early in the game it could be for legitimate reasons.

Pretty much the definition of a town!Dice post imo. Glad to see that :biggrin:

Turin reads to me a bit guarded as well, the way he's posing his questions feels kinda... sinister.

Since Tina asked (large picture)

A simple, "how-to" guide on Clov's alignment, presented in flowchart form.

TLDspbu.png

Way to steal my thunder, dude.

*runs through the front door hopping on one foot trying to finish buttoning his pants up, shoes unlaced and the buttons on his shirt are misaligned*

I'm here, i was busy with the wife putting furniture together that she just had to get this morning. 

I have to read to catch up on the bulk of what happened but I'm present now so please continue. 

I know the feeling :dry:

1. Why can't you be? is this supposed to be some sort of a secret handshake? otherwise it reads as buddying Dice.

2. This looks like more Dice buddying. With a added dose of RTE distance. "he's a hard read for me" sounds like an excuse to not take a position later.

3. Yet his response sounds good. Sounds like a reason to pad his townieness to choose someone else over him if it comes down to it.

4. Me too's Dice although states that my questions are guarded. Dice didn't mention that. The sinister line is pure theatrics. The reason for pointed even possibly leading questions is to gain insight into the person asked. You know this so it is odd you are taking this stance. At least to me.

the rest is fluff, Besides assembling furniture is a joy. You start with lots of flat wood and end up with a bookcase or a TV stand or something else that is useful. 

1. Even if Dice and I had a secret handshake, we wouldn't show you :wink: And no, it's nothing like that. Mostly me responding in jest to somewhat of an in-joke we had revolving around Darthe's last game that I missed where we were randed as mafia together with Lenlo.

2. You don't need to worry about me taking stances, you'll get plenty of that as things develop. My vote on you is the first one I've taken if that gives you any solace. I'm providing Clov insight of my experience level with other players in the event we're both townies this game because frankly, that's how townies play. They pool information together. Historically I don't have the best track record with RTE in the limited number of games we've played together, so I say so. The last one especially was a bit of a debacle.

3. I do think his response was good. Calling your statement dramatic was pretty accurate imo. Why are you trying to establish this narrative by implying RTE and I are together?

4. If you were asking pointed questions to gain insight on a particular tidbit that you saw and wanted another opinion on without asking for directly, then by definition, I was correct in describing your questions as guarded.

And for the record, I don't hate building furniture. I like stuff like that, I was mostly commenting on the part he said about 'my wife just had to get' thing. I'm sure most of us could relate to that :laugh:

Red, here is the first time that you describe your own actions as townie. 

I think these are the other posts that adresses mine the most so I will answer them before I continue with the content after page 12.

Ithi: My initial thought on Ithi was that she was town. This is how she behaves as town - points out every little detail and runs with it. Then she looks at the reactions she gets. My biggest problem with her this game is her conversation with Clov. He asks her a question that she interprets as his own thoughts, and thus she never answers it. After a while I can see what she thinks about RTE, Tress and Dice. What I´m also worrying about is that she and Turin used the "we" post to question Clov but then just let it go. To me that post doesn´t mean anything, but it looks like it did to them. 

Turin: I can see how anoying it is to defend himself when people use "feeling" as a reason. The thing is, I also felt he was "off" in this game. I guess one of the things is how he asked Clov what he thought about the players that just left the game but never said how he felt about it himself. And why did he point out the "we" comment without continuing with it. It looks like he is suspecting Clov but gives him a lot of room to explain himself. Not sure if good or bad. But I agree with him when questioning Dice. Why would MafiaTurin help out TownIthi by stearing the discussion into another direction? And what exactely did Dice learn from AJ?

Dice: Yeh, see the last lines from above. Please explain. 

Sooh: Starting to look scummy by posting a lot but not giving any ideas.

Clov: I think he has played a good game so far. As others have said, I think his gamestyle and Ithi´s gamestyle don´t go well together. Ithi is pointing out everything she sees while Clov is trying to find town as well. That is something that I have started to do as well lately, so it´s easy for me to see where he is coming from. I agree with him that it looks like Ithi is overdoing it and that she is looking for things to argue about. 

RTE: Now having said that, I´m not sure that I´m seeing RTE as town so far. AJ pointed out that he liked RTE´s response to Turin but the fact is that it came only six minutes after Turin´s posts. So it looks like he checked out the thread without adding anything. 

Tress - nothing to comment on so far because she has few game thoughts.  I´m not sure that I agree with her Dice is town comment.

AJ - is very "fluffy" and not very specific at all. His reason for voting Turin is very thin.

ConQuest: I didn´t like his reason for his vote. He just followed Turin in saying that AJ and Dice looked like working together. I don´t see that at all, just some jokes. But as you see, I´m wondering about both AJ and Dice.

Red - I didn´t like her vote on Clov. It doesn´t seem like she is trying to understand his reasons. 

Pral - meh, nothing to comment on

Ley - looks town so far.

Heartlight - not here

Did I forget anyone?

[v] ## AJ [/v]

Not going to address the reads I can understand, but these ones don't really jive with me:

Sooh - Spot on about her not giving ideas, but this is her first game, so I'm not overly concerned about that.  She seems to have the typical newbie self-conscious thing going on - that's a plus in my book.  My biggest issue is with the claim that she's posting a lot.  Without looking at the count, I wouldn't have guessed she's posted as frequently as she had.

AJ - Strongly disagree with the fluffy claim.  I think he's put a decent amount of opinions out there.  They haven't all been incredibly well developed, but I think he's given enough to look at his approach this game.  What do you think was fluff?

Ley - Basically null for me.  POE would land him on the townlist, but that has more to do with other players in the game than his own efforts.  I want to go back and re-read him, since I skimmed a bit after my earlier post.

Sooh - I get that it´s her first game but I found it strange that she were so present but didn´t really comment on the game much. (Sooh, I hope you feel better)

AJ - Yeh, fluff was the wrong word. See previous posts.

Ley - okay, will see if you have done that. 

Turin

What I wanted from AJ was a response that i could tone read. (Yes tommy is rolling his eyes saying there is no such thing as tone reading but i maintain there is.) I pay particular attention to AJs opening posts. Why? Cause i once picked him out as mafia on his first or second post and it was a one word answer. The answer he gave me here was relaxed and he was playing around. Thats not mafia AJ.  Since then his posts have solidified that read for me. Add the fact that he and I are thinking the same a fair bit and you get why i have him as a strong town lean. In fact ure probably gonna whinge because we are thinking alike a lot.

Oh and Turin?? I cant fake my GoatDice game as mafia.  Ive improved my town game heaps but havent managed to get the scum game better.

Oh and as for me using feels??  get used to it. Feels is how I describe what Im taking away from your posts. My game is one of Gut reads tone reads and meta.  The gut read is more prominent D1 but can turn up suddenly at any time. you'll say something small (see my AJ example) and i will suddenly jump on it. Tone reading...i read these games like a novel. Each player is a character and over time I build a sense of what is normal for that character in both tone and behaviour. When you come across as off  you are outside what i expect of your character which immeadiately gets me questioning if its a one off or if you are mafia. Its not fool proof but there are some it works 100% of the time with. my problem is I can see that someone is mafia but I cant make good enuff cases to get them lynched. If I could Tommy would have been lynched every time we have played and he's been mafia   which is most of the games.

RTE

Tell me plz what is scumdice? describe it for me.

Tina. 

Turin get ready to whinge. Im with AJ here. that big post of hers made me instantly think of her posts last game. Usually Tina can read me as town pretty quick. That game not only did she not see it when i would have expected her too she actually had me down negatively. She's doing the same thing here. The entire post just feels too similar to that game and far too safe for it to be town tina. Scum lean 

There was something with reds first post that made me not like it but now i cant remember what it was. but it had me going red is mafia. but the fact i cant remember is making me think i was wrong.

So my town leans are Ithi AJ and Tress. Tress because shes more relaxed with her posts, shes calling me dicetastic. When Tress is mafia i think shes more careful, less playful.

If i really knew how to work clov out he'd be one too but hes hard for me so im leaving him to be watched just in case it turns out im stupid.

Im still not liking Turins posts and Tina is number 2 for me. As stated i need to see what it was about red.

hopefully that answers your questions Turin and yes im gonna try and find that thing of AJs for you next

So I´m not allowed to scum read you as town? That is a strange way to defend yourself. Did you answer my questions? I will see when I continue the reading. 

Up to page 14. Not trying to do a ScumNolder catch up but I don´t know how many quotes I can post.

Just realized that I never said this.  

PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL WHAT ITEMS YOU GAIN SHOULD YOU GAIN AN ITEM.  ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY RELEVANT AND WILL IMPACT THE GAME. 

Since enough of you have shown interest and asked I should mention that you do not only gain items through trivia.  

I guess it might be because I skimmed much or read a bit here and there earlier but I never realised there was some kind of competition. Darthe, can I ask you to make it more clear in the future. (Or maybe I should just try to read your post better?)

Caught up!

Lol at Turin for the Frozen comment. Well played.

Moving on: Turin, Ithi, Clov town on town violence. All town. Play nice with each other now.

Ley is town. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

Tress is on her meta, but is also explicitly using her meta.

I'm going to be wary of Sooh because I always give the noobs a free pass and it bites me in the bum. Conquest is more concerned about potential nicknames than the game at the moment but can't blame him. 

This has been a really excellent day 1 so far. Seriously. Really impressive stuff. Maybe time off does us good? Although as Ithi said it is distressing when a Darthe game of all things takes so long to fill. Maybe he's just made too many people angry at this point. :wink: Like you discussed with Ley, you need the badass games with the insane roles again. Such fond memories. Speaking of which need to update my siggy.

Annnnnnnnnnnd [v] #Dice [/] 

Fun to be back. Nice to see everyone again. Some people haven't changed, which is a good thing. Nice when you have played SO many games with people you get a good read for when they are on their norm (i.e. town) or not. Ithi curious to see you break your meta next time around, you're in full swing right now. Poor Clov just didn't know better. Don't think he's scum though. 

Don´t like this post. "Well played", "play nice with each other" - too lightharted. Suspiciouns of AJ is a joke, or not? How is Dice more scummy than town?

Official Vote Count Three:

Ithi (1/8): Clov

RTE (2/8): Ithi, Turin

Turin (1/8): AJ

AJ (2/8): Quest, Tina

Clov (1/8): Ley

Dice (1/8): RTE

Not voting (6/14):

Red, Laya,, HL3, Sooh, Tress, Dice

This phase ends on March 4th at 8PM EST

Apparently Darthe isn't counting unvotes in this round either :dry:

[v]##Tina[/v]

I'd like some clarity when she returns.

This is another example of what I showed before, the over politeness and an opening to unvote. Will you unvote me now that I have explained more? 

oh and this

If I mention RTE has not posted in an age ... although he has been on DM this afternoon... will he pop up straight away or will he wait a while to prove he wasn't hiding?

How long should one wait in that situation? Should one care what others think?

I think that if my initial thought was so silly, it wouldn't have generated as much discussion as it did and RTE would not have gone to ground to avoid having to make an actual game based post.

Can I just state how much I hate this argument? People can be on DM and not be avoiding the game. I got lynched recently without being there because I was at work and had been able to squeeze a few light meaningless posts into the band but couldnt find the time to post a proper thought out post on the game in between calls.

I agree with this. 

I'm going to:

[v]#AJ[/v]

If only because of post 264. I'll explain in more detail later [for game play reasons] but for now, I feel pretty good about this vote.

Good to see you. Don´t know what you mean. Can´t you just say it? And have you read the whole thread now?

I hope you have a damn good reason Yates.

You of all players I expect to recognize town!AJ. Furthermore I think it's pretty irresponsible of you, if you're a townie, to throw your vote like that before you've read the game in whole. I also think you should know that.

Besides that - welcome to the game. Let's hustle

Here it is again, defines his own town game. 

I want note in the event that I'm lynched today that Yates's vote breaks the tie with RTE. This may be important later.

A bit jumpy after three votes. 

Apparently I lost a Dice quote. 

Turin

What I wanted from AJ was a response that i could tone read. (Yes tommy is rolling his eyes saying there is no such thing as tone reading but i maintain there is.) I pay particular attention to AJs opening posts. Why? Cause i once picked him out as mafia on his first or second post and it was a one word answer. The answer he gave me here was relaxed and he was playing around. Thats not mafia AJ.  Since then his posts have solidified that read for me. Add the fact that he and I are thinking the same a fair bit and you get why i have him as a strong town lean. In fact ure probably gonna whinge because we are thinking alike a lot.

Oh and Turin?? I cant fake my GoatDice game as mafia.  Ive improved my town game heaps but havent managed to get the scum game better.

Oh and as for me using feels??  get used to it. Feels is how I describe what Im taking away from your posts. My game is one of Gut reads tone reads and meta.  The gut read is more prominent D1 but can turn up suddenly at any time. you'll say something small (see my AJ example) and i will suddenly jump on it. Tone reading...i read these games like a novel. Each player is a character and over time I build a sense of what is normal for that character in both tone and behaviour. When you come across as off  you are outside what i expect of your character which immeadiately gets me questioning if its a one off or if you are mafia. Its not fool proof but there are some it works 100% of the time with. my problem is I can see that someone is mafia but I cant make good enuff cases to get them lynched. If I could Tommy would have been lynched every time we have played and he's been mafia   which is most of the games.

RTE

Tell me plz what is scumdice? describe it for me.

Tina. 

Turin get ready to whinge. Im with AJ here. that big post of hers made me instantly think of her posts last game. Usually Tina can read me as town pretty quick. That game not only did she not see it when i would have expected her too she actually had me down negatively. She's doing the same thing here. The entire post just feels too similar to that game and far too safe for it to be town tina. Scum lean 

There was something with reds first post that made me not like it but now i cant remember what it was. but it had me going red is mafia. but the fact i cant remember is making me think i was wrong.

So my town leans are Ithi AJ and Tress. Tress because shes more relaxed with her posts, shes calling me dicetastic. When Tress is mafia i think shes more careful, less playful.

If i really knew how to work clov out he'd be one too but hes hard for me so im leaving him to be watched just in case it turns out im stupid.

Im still not liking Turins posts and Tina is number 2 for me. As stated i need to see what it was about red.

hopefully that answers your questions Turin and yes im gonna try and find that thing of AJs for you next

So even though I already quoted this I didn´t see where you adressed Turin. Doh! I don´t give much for that tone read and the other question remain: Why would MafiaTurin help out TownIthi by stearing the discussion in another direction?

Archived