DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh and this

If I mention RTE has not posted in an age ... although he has been on DM this afternoon... will he pop up straight away or will he wait a while to prove he wasn't hiding?

How long should one wait in that situation? Should one care what others think?

I think that if my initial thought was so silly, it wouldn't have generated as much discussion as it did and RTE would not have gone to ground to avoid having to make an actual game based post.

Can I just state how much I hate this argument? People can be on DM and not be avoiding the game. I got lynched recently without being there because I was at work and had been able to squeeze a few light meaningless posts into the band but couldnt find the time to post a proper thought out post on the game in between calls.

Alright, just caught up with the game.

Ithi and Clov argument seems pretty townish. Ithi seems to be the town here, with most of her arguments relating to how I have seen Ithi play (I have not seen her as mafia, so well, don't know how she plays as scum). Her acting confused with her reads, her picking out small things from the text (like "we") and using it to make her reads etc.

Clov is playing like someone who is slightly pushed into a corner. I agree with his initial assessments but seeing how he responded to Ithi, don't think he is mafia here.

However, I do see Turin probably trying to pander to Ithi. I mean, everyone expects Turin to stand by Ithi and this is probably him forcing himself this game. Don't like that vibe.

Also, don't like Red's push on Clov. Seems to be taking the easy prey. His reasons sounds forced.

Pander. such a strange word. First off I never force myself to stand by her. You say that you think Ithi is on her town meta. Even tho you claim to never have seen her as mafia(which was my point earlier that she literally is NEVER mafia). Most have chimed in as saying they think her town. I can see the same things everyone else does. So whyis it that my saying she is town is pandering and for you to say you think she is town just reading the thread. You think that you know er better than I do?

Don't understand how you can say that Red is taking easy prey when you are saying you see Clov as town. I know you aren't going to suggest that Clov is an "easy lynch" right. 

I don't like this post very much at all.

Well, for starters, I have not seen you go after Ithi even when she sounds scummy. And, that is what is expected of you. What I get from your posts is that you are deliberately trying to reinforce that opinion and this is what I meant by "pander". No, I do not know her better than you do but you can use that as an advantage when you are scum, no?

As for CLov, as I said in my post, I think he is town but I also said that he has pushed himself to a corner. And, when one gets defensive, it is easy to get points against him. That is exactly what I see Red doing and hence my suspicion on her

Oh, forgot dear Tina. Looks town so far really. 

For whatever reason I feel quite confident about my town reads thus far, for better or worse. Curious to see how this game plays out.

To be honest you got so many of them that I'm starting to feel like you can barely make a scum team from the people leftover when all the town reads are removed from the player list. Feeling a bit like you know things you shouldn't know.

Also what's with your activity this game? I've barely seen you while you're normally all over the thread.

I meant to respond to this in the above WOT but forgot to and didn't bother double checking before I hit the 'post' button.

Anyway:

Can you elaborate on the Turin thing, AJ?  I don't think I've played with EITHER of them, so I'd appreciate it if you can explain how you think Town!Turin would approach her - and more importantly, how it differs from what he's been doing here.

I thought his questions were pretty decent.  Timing aside, him asking me to elaborate on the Dice/RTE reads was perfectly acceptable IMO and I appreciated him questioning me about Ithi.  

I haven't seen much by way of them interacting thus far, so I couldn't really provide a difference yet. They play sort of like Leelou and Verb do to give you something to compare it with. Turin is usually pretty quick to side with Ithi regardless of his alignment, so that in itself isn't very indicative. Basically what it boils down to is that you have to decide if you think he's doing this from the perspective that he is genuinely town reading her or working from the position that he already knows that she is town. This, of course, is dependent on Ithi actually being a villager - but I think you catch my drift.

I can't really explain too much what I didn't like about his questions other than to say that they felt 'off' to me. Basically gut feelz. From my experience with Turin he can be very obviously town and a strong asset to the team but at the same time stands out pretty clearly when he's mafia. I've got a limited sample size so far in this game but to me he sounds guarded.

That's all pretty fair.  To follow up with the bold, the only thing that stood out to me was how he kind of guided me towards an answer, about the inactives.

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

The first question is pretty straight forward.  However, he specifies three people, leaving a couple off (Leyrann, like I pointed out earlier, but Sooh as well).  And the final question basically gives the answer that I feel at least one of them is scummy for me, even if I hadn't.

Ithi is always town until proven otherwise. It is simple numbers. I don't even know the last game she was mafia in. Maybe WWII which was ages ago. Add that IMO she is about the best player I know I will side with her unless it becomes fairly obvious she is not town. So sue me. 

@ AJ, I find it odd that you list me as being an obvious townie when I have been lynched as town a fair amount. It must be because my questions are so sinister. I will broadcast as ridiculous town when it serves a purpose. I think the last time i did was in the Sherlock Holmes game due to the mechanics of the roles Pral and I had. ( i was basically trying to draw the mafia kill from the outset because I was protected early at least)  

I found Tress' response to be more likely to come from a mafiosa than not so my bias was included into the question. I wanted to see what you had to say about them as at the time it was one of the few things to discuss.

I think I already addressed Ley and Sooh as null to me which is why I didn't include them.    

Bold: I don't really like this. Does not everyone have an equal chance to get mafia, and is, at the very start of the game, not everyone therefore equally scummy? Should the best course of action not to be too start with a null read on everyone?

Italics: I agree here. I was first like "but I don't really see Turin as obvious town when I play with him" when I read that post, and then you reminded me that, indeed, I am not alone in that. Weird statement from AJ.

You disagreeing with my statement doesn't make it weird or even necessarily untrue. It's just a difference in opinion. I have a certain way that I view Turin in games as I'm sure you do too. As I mentioned earlier there a few games that come to mind that I could reference where I correctly read Turin as a townie and others where I correctly read him as mafia. I would say that this game I'm seeing more of his town side, would you agree or disagree?

Me disagreeing doesn't. The lynches being there and showing that I am far from the only one disagreeing does.

In this game... To be honest I'm very unsure about Turin so far, mostly because of what I already said (by the way, Clov I believe it was, something no one else has done more of than maybe just noted) about automatically assuming Ithi is town "because she is so often" (which means nothing considering random.org). And even more that he doesn't do that with others. I've been as absurdly often mafia as Ithi has been town, for example.

Anyway, enough about that. For now I'm going to unvote, as Clov hasn't given me more of a bad vibe while RTE has risen up the list and I'm still unsure about people like Turin, Red and Tina.

[unvote]

Alright, just caught up with the game.

Ithi and Clov argument seems pretty townish. Ithi seems to be the town here, with most of her arguments relating to how I have seen Ithi play (I have not seen her as mafia, so well, don't know how she plays as scum). Her acting confused with her reads, her picking out small things from the text (like "we") and using it to make her reads etc.

Clov is playing like someone who is slightly pushed into a corner. I agree with his initial assessments but seeing how he responded to Ithi, don't think he is mafia here.

However, I do see Turin probably trying to pander to Ithi. I mean, everyone expects Turin to stand by Ithi and this is probably him forcing himself this game. Don't like that vibe.

Also, don't like Red's push on Clov. Seems to be taking the easy prey. His reasons sounds forced.

Can you explain the bolded more? I'm not sure I understand nor do I get the impression Clov is playing on his heels.

In the initial conversation with Ithi and Turin, Clov did come off as playing backfoot. Especially when he started suspecting Ithi scum and then asking Ithi for her reads and getting argued against the "we" thing and explaining his reads on dece/RTE and so on. At least in the first 5 pages, that's how he played

There is currently a thematic reference in the sign-up thread, a reference in the OP and one other that are unclaimed.

Once eight or more are found this game will change.

Can you google? Because I just did  :unsure: . There is a Red Dragon reference in the OP 

Quick responses on phone before heading out the door.

@Clov, I didn't bring those others up because they simply do not have enough content to make amyrhing of yet. 3 New players are less likely to be able to pull that off and I had seen AJ in that role previously so it is more of a hang on this is similar. I'm not actively hunting for the sk, but I wanted to get my thought about it out there.

@AJ, see above wrt timing. My vote is still on RTE cause I don't like his play the most.

@Dice, I'm not going to whinge about anything. I will say that I find it odd you stating you can't fake your town game as mafia. You sound like you want to dismiss the possibility. I also find it weird that both you and AJ mention me often in giving your reads on other people. It is like an obsession or something.

@Pral, when should I have gone at Ithi this game? I don't get what your driving at. I read her as town basically on page 1 so why am I going to follow what other people think of her play?

@Ley, the numbers thing about Ithi is mostly a running joke between us. But I did read her as town after page 1 or 2. Pretty much straight away. You haven't played in so long that your previous streak of rolling mafia is out of date.

Official Vote Connect Four:

Ithi (1/8): Clov

RTE (2/8): Ithi, Turin

AJ (2/8): Quest, Tina

Clov (1/8): Ley

Dice (1/8): RTE

Tina (1/8): AJ

Not voting (6/14):

Red, Laya, HL, Sooh, Tress, Dice

This phase ends on March 4th at 8PM EST

I hope you have a damn good reason Yates.

You of all players I expect to recognize town!AJ. Furthermore I think it's pretty irresponsible of you, if you're a townie, to throw your vote like that before you've read the game in whole. I also think you should know that.

Besides that - welcome to the game. Let's hustle

Yeah. I haven't read the whole game. I did read that post, though, and know that you wrote it not knowing I'd be playing...   :wink:

As far as "irresponsible" votes go? That seems a bit of an extreme characterization of my vote. Are you afraid I won't be adjusting over the next 24 or however many hours as reactions accumulate? You of all players know how Town!Yates operates so right back at ya, buddy!

Also, thanks. I must say I'm a little better at the Tango than the hustle but I can try to follow your lead.

Haha... I like this thread so far. I think I have my vote figured out, but I'll see what reaction comes out of the latest development. Which basically means I'm saying nothing... *sigh* This game is hard. I'll go assemble my thoughts as to my first vote now, and hope that it'll be a bit more substantial than what I've brought to the table so far..

Did you forget about this? :smile:

Nope :smile: I didn't forget. I'm a bit feverish at the moment, so I slept for a looooong time today. 

There is currently a thematic reference in the sign-up thread, a reference in the OP and one other that are unclaimed.

Once eight or more are found this game will change.  

Also, huh?

Now... going through the list... (reads based on posts up to #278. Many new posts have come while I've been working on this...)

RTE: Only one post so far in which I can read some substance, and that is on the previous page. Calls out AJ as scum because he has problem reading him, but then again... problem reading what? Nothing? Definitely putting RTE in the "keep an eye on" pile for now.

Dice: Went out swinging and retracted on AJ, then went after Turin over the next couple of pages. Promised to dig up something AJ said in post #182, but hasn't come through on that yet. Seems to be leaning on Turin to get a better read perhaps? Unsure how I feel about it. The first blow towards AJ is something I think I'd expect him to do anyway, but I also find his reason for staying on Turin to be very #feels. Then again I don't know Turin well, so he may be on to something.

RED: Comes into game on page 8, directly with a vote. I do agree with her reasoning for that vote, but not much to go on yet. 

Pralaya: One post. I'd be interested in hearing how you think Red's reasons for voting Clov sounded forced?

Tina: Provides her insight two pages ago. Hasn't had the time to post much in the thread yet. Difficult to pinpoint from so little. I'll be looking forward to her answering questions posed to her later. 

Heartlight: nothing yet...

Ithillian: Tough to read. I can so far read her either way. She made a stab at Dice in post #54 regarding his calling out Turin's post. She has also spent most of the game answering people's questions with questions in return. She seems set on RTE, but that's from what I can see basically based on RTE not posting, which seems odd to me. Then again there may be things I have missed.

Clovdyx: Comes in straight off the bat with a vote and I agree with Red that that seems opportunistic. Also on page 2 comes in with a strong read on Dice and RTE, which is strange so early on. It may be to gauge reactions, but then again it doesn't come off as a statement made to create a reaction. As for everything beyond that it seems to point back to these statements in the beginning, plus discussions with Ithi. I was leaning towards scum in the beginning, and I haven't seen much to make me change the way I'm thinking, nor have I seen much to make me keep thinking scum. 

Andrej: Points a finger at Turin early on. Sounds reasonable, though for me there's a whole lot of "based on earlier experiences" and that doesn't help me much. Not seeing anything glaring, so for now he's in my town pile...

Turin: His post #44 that many have put to mean that he's trying to divert attention could be just that, or it could be that he's serious that either Dice, RTE or Tress are suspicious. If he was serious though, wouldn't he have expanded on why he wants to know Clov's feelings towards them? Later on he's also pushing Clov for opinions. Other than that there's a lot of talk of gameplay and not much thought on other players for a while. Has issues with players having feels about something being off.. Apologies in advance, Turin... At times he's a bit defensive about Ithi, but mostly in jest and there's nothing in either one's posts that make me think they are in league or that there's an either/or scenario.  I agree with Leyrann's read on Turin, that he is drawing attention to "me and Ithi" instead of just himself. It seems like a distraction.

Leyrann: Starts off with a push at Ithi. Could mean anything. Points out when other players are naming people town or scum without having any reasons for it. Not much to read, scum or otherwise. 

Songstress: I can see the cutesy buddy-buddy thing someone (Turin?) pointed out, but nothing screaming scum for now. I'll keep looking. 

ConQuest: Early vote in, seems a bit rash to me. Still waiting to see his full reason for voting AJ.

I want note in the event that I'm lynched today that Yates's vote breaks the tie with RTE. This may be important later.

Yeah. I made that note in post 294. I know. It seems a subtle post.

With that said; why is it important that my vote breaks the tie with RTE, though? You aren't even voting for him and - according to 264 - have him merely on the "scummy side of null."

I don't think so. You've read what seems like 2-3 pages and have already decided I'm scum without any real explanation and have put me in the lead for lynch. That's what troubles me and I find irresponsible considering my perspective on the game. Looks opportunistic and potentially like a cover for the other wagon and not at all what I would expect even if you were trying to pull something.

Archived