DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Psycho - A Sketchy SK Event is Over

Darthe

Darthe. Stop spamming the Thread. Kthanx

I really like when games starts right away without a ton of spam to look through but this time it was hard to read the thread so I became happy when the mod posted some spam. lol

I need to go to bed now. Will answer any questions and write more tomorrow. My daughter is here tomorrow so it will probably be when she has gone to bed but I might get on earlier.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I mention RTE has not posted in an age ... although he has been on DM this afternoon... will he pop up straight away or will he wait a while to prove he wasn't hiding?

How long should one wait in that situation? Should one care what others think?

I think that if my initial thought was so silly, it wouldn't have generated as much discussion as it did and RTE would not have gone to ground to avoid having to make an actual game based post.

These are all of RTE's post to date.

Ha ha ha like the logic dice.

??? is this just fluff or do you agree with Dice's reason about AJ?

Also I'm second!

fluff

here.

RTE, can you unpin the signups and pin the game thread please?

Thanks for the reminder good sir!

non game related. but very friendly. 

here.

He is lovely isn't he :wub:

He's alright :wink:

Is he scum this game Ithi? Or are you?

asks the question. looking back at it it looks worse to me. He is asking a pointed question a

bout alignment disguised as a joke IMO. Then he vanishes. 

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working :sad: )

and pops up again 7 minutes after I ask about him. So he is either monitoring the thread but not posting (lurking) unless it is about him or just has great timing. 

But then he vanishes again and doesn't follow up on his earlier question to either say it was a joke or to ask why it wasn't answered.  

[v] ## RTE [/v]

I deduct your vote

I really like when games starts right away without a ton of spam to look through but this time it was hard to read the thread so I became happy when the mod posted some spam. lol

I need to go to bed now. Will answer any questions and write more tomorrow. My daughter is here tomorrow so it will probably be when she has gone to bed but I might get on earlier.

AAAANd give it to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunotreally

These are all of RTE's post to date.

Ha ha ha like the logic dice.

??? is this just fluff or do you agree with Dice's reason about AJ?

Also I'm second!

fluff

here.

non game related. but very friendly. 

here.

He is lovely isn't he :wub:

He's alright :wink:

Is he scum this game Ithi? Or are you?

asks the question. looking back at it it looks worse to me. He is asking a pointed question a

bout alignment disguised as a joke IMO. Then he vanishes. 

Clov, what do you think about the people that just dropped in and then took off again?

Dice only made his joke vote on AJ

RTE basically only dropped the either or statement

Tress just noted that Ithi and I are always town, and have the siggy to pronounce it.

Which of those actions seems the most suspect to you? Why?

Bit dramatic. It's a Sunday after all (and I'm even working :sad: )

and pops up again 7 minutes after I ask about him. So he is either monitoring the thread but not posting (lurking) unless it is about him or just has great timing. 

But then he vanishes again and doesn't follow up on his earlier question to either say it was a joke or to ask why it wasn't answered.  

[v] ## RTE [/v]

Yup. Overconfident. Gets poked. Vanishes.

I deduct your vote

AAAANd give it to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunotreally

Darthe is a meany head.

*balefires darthe to before he took your vote*

See it never happened. :smile:

Been kind of following the thread throughout the morning from my phone while I was at school. I'm between school and work at the moment and able to jump on my laptop quickly so I'm going to try to push out some responses to things for now and then this evening I'll be more present.

Anyway, onward.

1. Why can't you be? is this supposed to be some sort of a secret handshake? otherwise it reads as buddying Dice.

2. This looks like more Dice buddying. With a added dose of RTE distance. "he's a hard read for me" sounds like an excuse to not take a position later.

3. Yet his response sounds good. Sounds like a reason to pad his townieness to choose someone else over him if it comes down to it.

4. Me too's Dice although states that my questions are guarded. Dice didn't mention that. The sinister line is pure theatrics. The reason for pointed even possibly leading questions is to gain insight into the person asked. You know this so it is odd you are taking this stance. At least to me.

the rest is fluff, Besides assembling furniture is a joy. You start with lots of flat wood and end up with a bookcase or a TV stand or something else that is useful. 

1. Even if Dice and I had a secret handshake, we wouldn't show you :wink: And no, it's nothing like that. Mostly me responding in jest to somewhat of an in-joke we had revolving around Darthe's last game that I missed where we were randed as mafia together with Lenlo.

2. You don't need to worry about me taking stances, you'll get plenty of that as things develop. My vote on you is the first one I've taken if that gives you any solace. I'm providing Clov insight of my experience level with other players in the event we're both townies this game because frankly, that's how townies play. They pool information together. Historically I don't have the best track record with RTE in the limited number of games we've played together, so I say so. The last one especially was a bit of a debacle.

3. I do think his response was good. Calling your statement dramatic was pretty accurate imo. Why are you trying to establish this narrative by implying RTE and I are together?

4. If you were asking pointed questions to gain insight on a particular tidbit that you saw and wanted another opinion on without asking for directly, then by definition, I was correct in describing your questions as guarded.

1. okay.

2. I didn't ask about your vote on me. Or what you said to Clov. Why are you putting those out? It isn't that you are saying something it is that IMO the info is incorrect. 

The point was about your saying RTE was a hard read for you which can be a way to hide from making a stance on a teammate if your were. 

3. Your opinion. I will disagree about the dramatic line also. I am not attempting any narrative. I am looking at things I find odd and trying to discern why you would do/say them. The hard read thing sticks out to me. I don't like hearing it from anyone about anyone. It sounds too political if you catch my meaning.

4. semantics but w/e. Again missing the point or trying to redirect away from it. My point was that you in effect said "me too" IRGT Dice's point on me that "something was off" but then like him gave a reason although not the same one he gave. It all smacks again of amgibuity. So that in the event I am lynched and flip town you both just go "WELP" *shrug*

2. What information do you think I was incorrect on?

3. If that's the way you interpret what I said then there really isn't much else I can say on the matter. You can either take it at face value for what it was or look for some deeper meaning, which I also fine with so long as I can determine whether I think you're actually trying to scumhunt or instead create a narrative.

4. Okay. I wasn't looking for an out but considering the state of the game at the time it was the best direction I felt moving in, and I think it had a positive effect. It let you know that you were on my radar and has since spurned you into talking more which has allowed me to get a better read.

Just wanna welcome the newbies to their first Mafia experience, I think you'll discover soon how fun and addicting it can be. Don't lose too much sleep dwelling on the game :wink:

For now I have the worst feeling about Turin. [v]##Turin[/v] Gonna keep an eye on how he handles Ithi this game, that can usually be a pretty big indicator of which side he's playing on. I think some of the questions he's posed are a bit off.

Ithi seems to be playing her town game which is based mostly on intuition from my experience. Clov seems to be driving discussion and I can't really fault him for looking askance at Ithi if he hasn't played with her before. A lot of her arguments are going to be that way, for the record.

Sooh seems to be pretty level headed for a newbie, so hopefully I'll be able to figure her out before too long. New players usually read sort of scummy to way by nature, and the running commentary post she made is a good example as to what, but I'm willing to observe her for a while until things get going so I can gauge her better.

Beyond that I don't have anything else to comment on. Let's see how things shake out

There is that "bit off" line again. Could you be any buddier to Dice? Which questions and why are they "off"? Ambiguous push is ambiguous.

I don't think my push is at all ambiguous. It's true that I may not be able to perfectly explain how I thought you came across when I was reading your posts earlier, but putting my vote down to back it is taking a stance if I've ever seen one. I think it could be the way that you worded them and the timing in which you asked, they bugged me. That's about as good as it's going to get for now until I see more from you so that I can get a better idea of where I think you're coming from.

BOLD: ambiguous words are ambiguous. If you can't say WHY you are doing something, Then you don't really have to explain why you did it after the fact. 

UNDERLINDED: Again your vote with no real backup is not truly a stance. It is the imitation of a stance. All your vote says is that you want me out of the game. By not having a reason other than "feels" again it is an easy back out for afterward. You give an Aw shucks or sommat. 

Re Bold; That's fair. To credit myself I at least attempted to explain where I was coming from instead of leaving it unsaid.

Re Underline; At the time I admittedly didn't have anything substantial to back it with, but I do believe that my vote carries some weight to it. I wouldn't simply state it was because I want you out of the game. Like I've stated before it was a direction I was comfortable moving in and I think it has done well to generate some activity. I have liked your posts from today and I am starting to see that reasonable townie Turin that I spoke about before. The way you're handling questions and analysing things seems much more grounded.

@ AJ, I find it odd that you list me as being an obvious townie when I have been lynched as town a fair amount. It must be because my questions are so sinister. I will broadcast as ridiculous town when it serves a purpose. I think the last time i did was in the Sherlock Holmes game due to the mechanics of the roles Pral and I had. ( i was basically trying to draw the mafia kill from the outset because I was protected early at least)  

I found Tress' response to be more likely to come from a mafiosa than not so my bias was included into the question. I wanted to see what you had to say about them as at the time it was one of the few things to discuss.

In my experience with you, I think you have played strong town games even if you disagree. Our last game together, if I'm remembering right, is a pretty good example of this. I can recall several off the top of my head where I had reasonably high trust level for you and several more where I had you snuffed out as mafia rather early on in the game. I feel confident in my ability to read you, in other words.

Bold: There's the bacon. Perhaps that explains why I found how you questioned him to come off in a strange way. If you had been more direct about this you probably wouldn't have sounded so guarded.

Did Clov's response do anything for you?

I agree to playing strong town games but I rarely really broadcast as town because that just isn't my style. If I am mafia with little time to play then I will stick out more because my mafia game takes a lot of work to do properly. Very well. then you should come to your senses soon. 

So does that information change the way you viewed the questions. Are they less "off" now? 

I think it was well written. I still think it seems he is working the room as it were.

Yes. At this point I would be more interested in how you pursue that, of course.

[unvote]

Ithi: My initial thought on Ithi was that she was town. This is how she behaves as town - points out every little detail and runs with it. Then she looks at the reactions she gets. My biggest problem with her this game is her conversation with Clov. He asks her a question that she interprets as his own thoughts, and thus she never answers it. After a while I can see what she thinks about RTE, Tress and Dice. What I´m also worrying about is that she and Turin used the "we" post to question Clov but then just let it go. To me that post doesn´t mean anything, but it looks like it did to them. 

Turin: I can see how anoying it is to defend himself when people use "feeling" as a reason. The thing is, I also felt he was "off" in this game. I guess one of the things is how he asked Clov what he thought about the players that just left the game but never said how he felt about it himself. And why did he point out the "we" comment without continuing with it. It looks like he is suspecting Clov but gives him a lot of room to explain himself. Not sure if good or bad. But I agree with him when questioning Dice. Why would MafiaTurin help out TownIthi by stearing the discussion into another direction? And what exactely did Dice learn from AJ?

Dice: Yeh, see the last lines from above. Please explain. 

Sooh: Starting to look scummy by posting a lot but not giving any ideas.

Clov: I think he has played a good game so far. As others have said, I think his gamestyle and Ithi´s gamestyle don´t go well together. Ithi is pointing out everything she sees while Clov is trying to find town as well. That is something that I have started to do as well lately, so it´s easy for me to see where he is coming from. I agree with him that it looks like Ithi is overdoing it and that she is looking for things to argue about. 

RTE: Now having said that, I´m not sure that I´m seeing RTE as town so far. AJ pointed out that he liked RTE´s response to Turin but the fact is that it came only six minutes after Turin´s posts. So it looks like he checked out the thread without adding anything. 

Tress - nothing to comment on so far because she has few game thoughts.  I´m not sure that I agree with her Dice is town comment.

AJ - is very "fluffy" and not very specific at all. His reason for voting Turin is very thin.

ConQuest: I didn´t like his reason for his vote. He just followed Turin in saying that AJ and Dice looked like working together. I don´t see that at all, just some jokes. But as you see, I´m wondering about both AJ and Dice.

Red - I didn´t like her vote on Clov. It doesn´t seem like she is trying to understand his reasons. 

Pral - meh, nothing to comment on

Ley - looks town so far.

Heartlight - not here

Did I forget anyone?

[v] ## AJ [/v]

I don't like this post very much at all. Your reason for voting me isn't good imo. I think the majority of my posts have been pretty content laden so describing them as fluff is a huge understatement. It sort of feels like you're looking for a reason to vote me since I'm already in a somewhat established position. Furthermore, you are fence sitting on a lot of issues. You call my reason for voting Turin thin and yet you likewise agree that he feels 'off'. How is that? You think Quest looks bad for voting me but you do as well? A lot of what I read here seems disorganized so I would appreciate it if you could explain further.

Just realized that I never said this.  

PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL WHAT ITEMS YOU GAIN SHOULD YOU GAIN AN ITEM.  ALSO PLEASE NOTE THAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY RELEVANT AND WILL IMPACT THE GAME. 

Since enough of you have shown interest and asked I should mention that you do not only gain items through trivia.  

I like where Turin's head is at.

(On top of his neck is a fine place for it.)

Good point on RTE as well.

Stuck at work for another 4 hours, I'll try to do a more complete list of reads when I get home.

Ithi: My initial thought on Ithi was that she was town. This is how she behaves as town - points out every little detail and runs with it. Then she looks at the reactions she gets. My biggest problem with her this game is her conversation with Clov. He asks her a question that she interprets as his own thoughts, and thus she never answers it. After a while I can see what she thinks about RTE, Tress and Dice. What I´m also worrying about is that she and Turin used the "we" post to question Clov but then just let it go. To me that post doesn´t mean anything, but it looks like it did to them. 

Turin: I can see how anoying it is to defend himself when people use "feeling" as a reason. The thing is, I also felt he was "off" in this game. I guess one of the things is how he asked Clov what he thought about the players that just left the game but never said how he felt about it himself. And why did he point out the "we" comment without continuing with it. It looks like he is suspecting Clov but gives him a lot of room to explain himself. Not sure if good or bad. But I agree with him when questioning Dice. Why would MafiaTurin help out TownIthi by stearing the discussion into another direction? And what exactely did Dice learn from AJ?

Dice: Yeh, see the last lines from above. Please explain. 

Sooh: Starting to look scummy by posting a lot but not giving any ideas.

Clov: I think he has played a good game so far. As others have said, I think his gamestyle and Ithi´s gamestyle don´t go well together. Ithi is pointing out everything she sees while Clov is trying to find town as well. That is something that I have started to do as well lately, so it´s easy for me to see where he is coming from. I agree with him that it looks like Ithi is overdoing it and that she is looking for things to argue about. 

RTE: Now having said that, I´m not sure that I´m seeing RTE as town so far. AJ pointed out that he liked RTE´s response to Turin but the fact is that it came only six minutes after Turin´s posts. So it looks like he checked out the thread without adding anything. 

Tress - nothing to comment on so far because she has few game thoughts.  I´m not sure that I agree with her Dice is town comment.

AJ - is very "fluffy" and not very specific at all. His reason for voting Turin is very thin.

ConQuest: I didn´t like his reason for his vote. He just followed Turin in saying that AJ and Dice looked like working together. I don´t see that at all, just some jokes. But as you see, I´m wondering about both AJ and Dice.

Red - I didn´t like her vote on Clov. It doesn´t seem like she is trying to understand his reasons. 

Pral - meh, nothing to comment on

Ley - looks town so far.

Heartlight - not here

Did I forget anyone?

[v] ## AJ [/v]

Not going to address the reads I can understand, but these ones don't really jive with me:

Sooh - Spot on about her not giving ideas, but this is her first game, so I'm not overly concerned about that.  She seems to have the typical newbie self-conscious thing going on - that's a plus in my book.  My biggest issue is with the claim that she's posting a lot.  Without looking at the count, I wouldn't have guessed she's posted as frequently as she had.

AJ - Strongly disagree with the fluffy claim.  I think he's put a decent amount of opinions out there.  They haven't all been incredibly well developed, but I think he's given enough to look at his approach this game.  What do you think was fluff?

Ley - Basically null for me.  POE would land him on the townlist, but that has more to do with other players in the game than his own efforts.  I want to go back and re-read him, since I skimmed a bit after my earlier post.

Here is where I am right now.

1. ReleaseTheEvil: Mafia- 4 of 5 posts on page 1. One serious comment. Get called on it. Vanishes. Returns immediately after he gets labelled as disappeared. Replies with a brush off BUT doesn't respond at all to being voted or to Ithi's prodding/question. I think he is FROZEN.

2. Dicetosser1:  lean mafia- Feels like he is faking his "gut read GOATDice" game. I don't like that he seems to be not answering the questions asked and blustering that he is how he is. Pointing to the AJ read and pronouncing that AJ reads him better than anyone in the game stunk to me as well.

3. Red2111: slightest town read- not much from her yet but I know she wouldn't post much at the weekend and as far as I can tell she hasn't been about DM at all. Will need more to see where she belongs.

4. Pralaya: Null to mafia lean- One post. I didn't like it felt like following. Only not mafia due to excess number of suspects.
5. TinaHel: Slight town read- There are some issues about her list that I don't get but I think that the way it is written and also the manner that  she was looking into what Dice was saying.

6. Hearthlight: NULL - absent. (see note to Sooh)

7. Ithillian: TOWN - actively looking for things that don't make sense and willing to engage multiply people that are causing her to >.> 

8. Clovdyx: Very conflicted: IMO He is either wrong or trying to push an agenda the way he went after Ithi and defended RTE. In some instances seems willing to consider possibilities but very firm on his stances on some player prematurely IMO (namely Dice, RTE)  Smooth tho, very smooth.

9. Andrej: Also conflicted- I find the interaction with Dice to be weird. from the initial "handshake" which both say is a way to gauge the other but not what they learned. Following on to the "something off" argument that just  sets my teeth on edge. 

10. Sooh: null- not enough content to make a call on a new player. I disagree with someone not sure who that didn't like the fact she mentioned she was new. I think it was only once and is a fair thing on D1. Tip: we know you are new as we all were once. Just read along and post what you believe and be prepared to answer questions asked of you. If you have questions ask Darthe and do the opposite of what he tells you (kidding )

11. Turin Turambar: TOWN by PM

12. Leyrann: Null to Town lean- Nothing sticks out about his play so far. He has stayed mostly to his opinions about gameplay in general but I haven't noticed anything that is making me cringe. I think he will show himself if he is not town. 

13. Songstress:mafia lean- Kind of on the sidelines and feels a bit like she is trying to buddy me. Also I agree with Ithi that the opening posts were too fuzzy/cute. Sort of don't mind me I'm harmless. 

14. Conquest: Null- not too much here yet. The vote on AJ was a bit of a "me too" but as a new player I could see agreeing with a case and following early in game. If it continues then that would become troublesome. (see note to Sooh)

Caught up!

Lol at Turin for the Frozen comment. Well played.

Moving on: Turin, Ithi, Clov town on town violence. All town. Play nice with each other now.

Ley is town. 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

Tress is on her meta, but is also explicitly using her meta.

I'm going to be wary of Sooh because I always give the noobs a free pass and it bites me in the bum. Conquest is more concerned about potential nicknames than the game at the moment but can't blame him. 

This has been a really excellent day 1 so far. Seriously. Really impressive stuff. Maybe time off does us good? Although as Ithi said it is distressing when a Darthe game of all things takes so long to fill. Maybe he's just made too many people angry at this point. :wink: Like you discussed with Ley, you need the badass games with the insane roles again. Such fond memories. Speaking of which need to update my siggy.

Annnnnnnnnnnd [v] #Dice [/] 

Fun to be back. Nice to see everyone again. Some people haven't changed, which is a good thing. Nice when you have played SO many games with people you get a good read for when they are on their norm (i.e. town) or not. Ithi curious to see you break your meta next time around, you're in full swing right now. Poor Clov just didn't know better. Don't think he's scum though. 

Is it just me or was that catch up the weirdest post of the game? I really have no idea what t make of that. I guess I will try to translate:

More brush off of voting him by people he says are town. You look like you are trying to play it super cool and hope we get distracted.

Lots of town reads. I counted Turin, Ithi, Clov, Ley, Tina. Did I miss anyone? I agree with most of those to a certain extent. Actually makes me more suspicious of Clov if RTE ends up flipping mafia.

wary of one new player(Sooh) but doesn't categorize the other two(Conquest, Heartlight), granted Heartlight hasn't posted.

Has Dice and AJ as most likely mafia but no real reasons given.

Tress is only on meta. I am assuming that you have her as null?

Didn't mention Pral (mostly absent), or Red (ditto, but has done a little more) most likely as they haven't mentioned him afaict.

So RTE, who else beside AJ and Dice do you think are likely to be mafia? 

Dice and AJ most suspect. Dice is being more scum dice than town dice. AJ finally admits that he has trouble reading me. Preparing to use that for when he kills me off and I flip town. I mean, if he's finally admitting he reads me poorly, that just can't be town AJ can it?

What is this even supposed to mean?

AJ - Strongly disagree with the fluffy claim.  I think he's put a decent amount of opinions out there.  They haven't all been incredibly well developed, but I think he's given enough to look at his approach this game.  What do you think was fluff?

5. TinaHel: Slight town read- There are some issues about her list that I don't get but I think that the way it is written and also the manner that  she was looking into what Dice was saying.

I take pretty big issue with Tina's list. I strongly dislike how she is trying to understate my content level when most of my posts contain probably several paragraphs in replies. To me this indicates she is either not paying very good attention or intentionally mislabeling my content in order to give herself a reason to vote for me at this stage. I also think there were a lot of contradictions to her reads on other players.

I'm heavily considering moving my vote here. In the last game we just finished Tina was scum and we had a little brush into each other D1 that I ended up letting go of when my gut was telling me something was wrong and it came back to bite us in the end when her team won. I'm not willing to let her make posts like this with such glaring problems and then fade into the background.

9. Andrej: Also conflicted- I find the interaction with Dice to be weird. from the initial "handshake" which both say is a way to gauge the other but not what they learned. Following on to the "something off" argument that just  sets my teeth on edge. 

I think we've already covered this. There was no 'handshake' and I don't believe I said that it's something I do (or would do) to gauge him early on. Dice has said his intent behind it was to get an early read on me based on my reaction, which I believe. What I learned from this action was stated as much when I agreed with Clov in my first post that I had Dice as an early town read - and for similar reasonings. I think Dice taking the initiative to engage me in that manner is much more likely to signify that he's town in this game versus him being mafia where I think he'd try to avoid me a bit more considering our knack for catching each other as opposite alignments. Of course, this could be Dice pulling some reverse meta move or something but for now I'm content to leave him be and see what direction he moves in to solidify that read. At the time it helped that we were getting similar feelings towards your posts.

As far as the 'something's off' debate, I think we've covered that as well. I noted that your way of questioning Clov made me suspicious and later you revealed the purpose for that style of questioning, which I acknowledged could've been the reason for me noticing.

Official Vote Count Three:

Ithi (1/8): Clov

RTE (2/8): Ithi, Turin

Turin (1/8): AJ

AJ (2/8): Quest, Tina

Clov (1/8): Ley

Dice (1/8): RTE

Not voting (6/14):

Red, Laya,, HL3, Sooh, Tress, Dice

This phase ends on March 4th at 8PM EST

Haha... I like this thread so far. I think I have my vote figured out, but I'll see what reaction comes out of the latest development. Which basically means I'm saying nothing... *sigh* This game is hard. I'll go assemble my thoughts as to my first vote now, and hope that it'll be a bit more substantial than what I've brought to the table so far..

Did you forget about this? :smile:

Archived