DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Taymist

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11. Pick an historical military leader that you'd like to meet and interview.

i) Who are they?  Gov. Joshua Chamberlain

ii) Why did you choose them?  Normal guy, just a Maine professor that saved the Union line at Gettysburg

iii) What's the main question you'd like to ask them?  What was going through your mind when, with your unit out of ammo, you ordered a bayonet charge against Confederate forces?

12. Does any present day public figure (yes, just one) particularly inspire you? If so, who and why?  None.  Normal people inspire me.  My kids inspire me.

13. You're cast in one of the lead roles in a new sci fi/fantasy TV series. What type of character would you like to play if you could be anything at all? (Don't feel limited by WoT, LotR etc. or by your own real life self, feel free to think outside the box.) Guy Fleegman, the one guy that knew he was going to die, but the ONLY one that actually lived.  https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2115482124/Guy-Fleegman-positive-thinking-22526510-270-363.gif

14. Tech toys for the interwebz - you can only keep one so what do you prefer to use? Desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile/cell phone, other?  My abacus.

15. On your wish list of things to buy/acquire for yourself, what's at the top just now? (To clarify, I'm talking about an item that would be a treat; that you'd maybe only normally get if you had a gift card/voucher or someone else got you it as a present not massive purchases like cars or houses.) A mini giraffe, or a Five Guys burger.  I’m hungry.

16. You're granted the chance to learn something new without worrying about cost/time/equipment. What would you choose to learn?  Nuffin.  Ignoranse is blis. 

17. In terms of your outlook on life, is the glass half full or half empty?  That bitch broke.

18. What do you think is your biggest fault?  The Sunda subduction megathrust.  It’s the largest fault in the world.

19. The Band is assigning you to take charge of a risky surveillance operation on a group of Shaido. You get to choose your own (small) team. Which Banders, up to a maximum of 5, are you taking with you and why?  The 5 bravest.  When the Shaido find us (and they will, my bodily functions are soooo often and loud, they will hear us), I want 5 folks that will unthinkingly charge into the face of danger.  As the leader I will fall back for a better vantage place that I can observe and report, as I’m just a lowly mall cop.  Or just Tay, because she would just give them a stern look, and they would surrender.  Definitely not Horn, because you can’t sneak through the woods wearing bright ass orange.   

20. Share a music track that helps you to sleep or relax.  Filth Pig by Ministry.

1. How long have you been in the Band? Not so long as you, but almost :wink:

2. Tell me the most important thing I should know about you. I do not suffer fools gladly. I have a Monkey Head Ter'angreal Tattoo. One should reconsider if trifling with this one, crosses what passes for ones mind :uno:

3. Share one fact about yourself that I wouldn't be able to pick up from simply reading the boards. I am modest to an immodest degree. Modestly, I can say that my modesty is boundless :huh:

4. What's the one thing that makes you most proud of your Regiment? (or the the Band if you don't have a Regiment yet) We do not walk into battle...we ride. We do on occasion offer a stirrup to a miscreant, though without hand-holds. :bela:

5. Have you read all of the WoT books or only some and which did you enjoy most? I have not read any. They have been read to me. I am blind and cannot personally read them. Thanks for reminding me :uno:

6. We're all about the music in the Band, pick 3 tracks that tell me something about you and your personality.
     The B-52's ~ Theme For A Nude Beach
     Clairy Browne & The Bangin' Rackettes ~ Whatta' Man
     The Tedeschi Trucks Band ~ Bound For Glory

7. Orange is an evil colour and must be banned. (Please sign and date this statement in blood. (Not necessarily your own.)) 
MannyRiversSignature_zpsjvu11jus.png

8. When we're not being all about the music, we're wandering these fair lands of ours. A travelling we will go etc. a) If you could visit 1 country, where would it be and why? b) What one item would you absolutely have to take with you on your travels? Scotland ... there is one who resides in that faire land who needs a good talkin' to.

9. What are your best memories of your time in the Band to date? Sincerely? The copious number of Bandings I've been subjected to against advice and my better judgment :rolleyes:

10. Describe one goal that you've met or achieved over the last 12 months. Doesn't matter how small or how big, just something that's a personal achievement and it can be as a Bander or in normal life...your choice.
Surviving the loss of 70lbs/32kg/15stone while recovering from the loss/removal of 1/2 my lungs. You should have seen the other guy :uno:

1. How long have you been in the Band? Not so long as you, but almost :wink:

7. Orange is an evil colour and must be banned. (Please sign and date this statement in blood. (Not necessarily your own.)) 

MannyRiversSignature_zpsjvu11jus.png

8. When we're not being all about the music, we're wandering these fair lands of ours. A travelling we will go etc. a) If you could visit 1 country, where would it be and why? b) What one item would you absolutely have to take with you on your travels? Scotland ... there is one who resides in that faire land who needs a good talkin' to.

10. Describe one goal that you've met or achieved over the last 12 months. Doesn't matter how small or how big, just something that's a personal achievement and it can be as a Bander or in normal life...your choice.

Surviving the loss of 70lbs/32kg/15stone while recovering from the loss/removal of 1/2 my lungs. You should have seen the other guy :uno:

1. You were already well ensconced here before I arrived. I definitely recall you, Twin and Goldy dragging me here kicking and screaming from my comfy den at the Wolfies. :hopper:

7. Yeayyy + lots of millions of points. Take that Horn! :tongue:

8. Talkin' to? :ohmy:  What've I done now? lol

10. Yeah, that was a pretty major achievement I'd say. Scared the living crap outta some of us. :wub:

10. Yeah, that was a pretty major achievement I'd say. Scared the living crap outta some of us. :wub:

Absolutely!!!!!!!

Sorry sweet sisters ... had I known that evil Greek Bastard Histoplasmosis was lurkin' about in the woods I was lurkin' about in I'd a sure done my best not to worry y'all and avoided him like the plague. Speakin' o'which... I think what I had was near as bad. Started out 2span and a tall drink over 190, ended up at a lean/mean 127lbs and in a chair if I wanted to move more than to the next room... summer/early fall 2013 sucked Big Time!

Archived